• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never got the TATF love affair with Kurt Benkert... Toodles!

lol some of you are going to be soooooooooooooo disappointed come draft night and I'm here for it!

I think Benkert could be a great pick up on another team and also prove that the QB market price is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That describes Falcons media in a nut shell. WTH is talent to be a backup? I rather have a back up who is aspiring to be a starter or was a starter. 

Agreed.  Especially when your starter is nearing the end of his career.  We know Matt is going to be here next year yet, but beyond that, we need to start planning for an heir apparent ... or at least a stop gap until an heir apparent can be found.  Guys whose ceiling is a backup just won't cut it.

1 minute ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Agreed.  Especially when your starter is nearing the end of his career.  We know Matt is going to be here next year yet, but beyond that, we need to start planning for an heir apparent ... or at least a stop gap until an heir apparent can be found.  Guys whose ceiling is a backup just won't cut it.

It has nothing to do with Matt or how many years he has left. Or which ever QB comes after him. You go for a competent back up be it a young guy learning or a guy like Foles, Teddy Bridgewater, Keenum or some one who can chip in for few games. Young guys have obvious upside of trading them if you don’t need a Starting QB. 

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It has nothing to do with Matt or how many years he has left. Or which ever QB comes after him. You go for a competent back up be it a young guy learning or a guy like Foles, Teddy Bridgewater, Keenum or some one who can chip in for few games. Young guys have obvious upside of trading them if you don’t need a Starting QB. 

I agree, which is why Matt Schaub was a good option for us the last few years... but now we literally have cleared the deck beyond Ryan.  My thoughts are we should bring in a veteran and a young guy through the draft and let them battle it out for top backup.