• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No matter what your thoughts are on his performance in recent years, you've gotta appreciate the effort that man put forth in his time with this team. After getting released in his rookie year, he

I never truly hated the guy like others did. Preciate the good times. 

He overachieved like ****. He was a solid, decent safety. Never going to the HOF, but good enough to not lose a game. Thanks for all the hard work, dedication that it took to get where you were Rico! 

8 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Eeehhh i dont know if i would put them in the same category. Rico at least made plays and helped the guys get in place. Warrilow was lucky to be on the field. 

Worrilow also helped guys get into position and made plays in the running game.

He was a HUGE liability in the passing game which overshadowed everything! 

I look at them both as guys that you needed to upgrade from years before you did.

Loved Rico's story. It was really fun watching him in training camp on Hard Knocks, then seeing him struggle under Smith, and then blossoming under Quinn. He was with us for 7 years, which is a really **** long career for a 5th rounder that changed positions. I hope he lands on a team with a young secondary that he can help lead, or just goes into coaching.

Stand up guy. Had a few great moments. Definitely earned his pay. Wish him nothing but success. I saw an interview he gave where he talked about investing for life after football and wanting to become an offensive coordinator.

I think he has some ball left in him but he seems like a great fit for life after the game is finished with him.

4 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Stand up guy. Had a few great moments. Definitely earned his pay. Wish him nothing but success. I saw an interview he gave where he talked about investing for life after football and wanting to become an offensive coordinator.

I think he has some ball left in him but he seems like a great fit for life after the game is finished with him.

He certainly seems like he will be one of those better coach than player types.

And that is not a knock on him as a player, he has done extremely well for himself considering he is on the small side for a DB (especially in todays nfl) and he was not the fastest guy out there.

As far as intelligence goes Rico was elite and one of if not the smartest players on the field on any given sunday.  His problem was his athleticism wasn't as fast or as impressive as his brain was.   If he was more athletically gifted he would have been a Pro bowler and All Pro no doubt in my mind.   The biggest credit to him for me was when he got injured and Kazee came in to replace him and we went from an avg or little to below avg secondary to one of the dumbest secondaries in nfl history.  The videos of Coach Billick breaking down how bad Kazee was putting our guys out of place and having other teams players 15 to 20 yards open was insane.   Rico atleast had people in the right spots at all times their just weren't talented enough to finish the job.    This is also why i agree that he will be a elite level coach after his career is over if he ever choose to be.

1 hour ago, Bunchy Carter said:

6 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

As long as you didn’t throw at him with a bigger Receiver sure in 2015-2017, he was fine. He always knew where to be but had problems his entire time at making some plays.

To a degree he always had physical liabilities, just like the guy you don’t want me to mention. 

Which is why I was ok with him as a stop gap type until you brought in a potential Pro Bow upgrade guy. 

Not many safeties can cover big fast receivers. Now the goal post is pro bowl? How many pro bowlers did Falcons have last year or year before that.  
problrm with Rico wasn’t his short coming, he wasn’t fastest guy with range. He couldn’t erase others mistakes, not like he couldn’t do his job. 

10 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Not even close. Rico was in top half of FS in 2016 and 2017. Worrilow should have never started in the NFL. I get the hate for Rico but comparison to worrilow is just funny.

No he wasn't, we just had a better defense around him so his weaknesses weren't so blaringly obvious. He's the same player he has been, he certainly isn't worse for any reason. Neither he nor Worr should have been starters. 

9 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Not many safeties can cover big fast receivers. Now the goal post is pro bowl? How many pro bowlers did Falcons have last year or year before that.  
problrm with Rico wasn’t his short coming, he wasn’t fastest guy with range. He couldn’t erase others mistakes, not like he couldn’t do his job. 

Never moved the goal post, my whole point was he was a stand in until we upgraded.(which is why I said potential)

A lot of the reasons he seemed to have great years was that we were getting to the QB a lot more in the years you mentioned. But even then, there were plays that he was just barely missing then as well. 

For the Dan Quinn defense to be its best, he needed a strong back in anchor, especially when we weren’t getting home with four. 

At this point, I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to admit that he was a liability in that scheme. 

5 hours ago, Lornoth said:

No he wasn't, we just had a better defense around him so his weaknesses weren't so blaringly obvious. He's the same player he has been, he certainly isn't worse for any reason. Neither he nor Worr should have been starters. 

Thank you! 

Nobody is saying he didn’t give it all he had, he just wasn’t good enough and it’s just that simple. 

When I think about Rico I always remember him from Hard Knocks starts at 28:17 when they go into detail about his life and character.....  

Later Rico you held it down over all these years I hope you can go to another team and do it again .... 😉😒