Falcons Cut Allen & Bailey

39 minutes ago, k-train said:

I think we were around $30 over the projected $175M cap to start.

With these cuts giving us $10M
-Plus-
The announcement today that the cap floor will be going up to at least $180M... which means at least $5M more in space from the previously expected $175M

I'd guess that means we are around $15M over at this point.

The minimum and maximum cant be the same number so we must be looking at at least $185mn which is getting there 👌

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can hear @Knight of God popping the champagne from hundreds of miles away.

Dear Ricardo Allen: you were one of the greatest 5th round picks in Falcons history. And you always made me proud as a fan with your tireless work ethic and dedication to improvement. Thank you f

I’ve told the story a bunch of times, but I went to Purdue with Rico and his wife (she was a graduate assistant at the time). Salts of the earth people and wish him and his family the ABSOLUTE best in

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He is one of the highest rated safeties in the NFL. I thought judging a player by a few games was bad, but yall went and pushed it to one play.

Not at all.   Like I said in another response, I remember him from that play, don't know enough about his history to make a call on whether I'd like the pickup.    That's not judging a player by one play - it's saying it's the only thing I know about him.

i feel like this is a good representation of the average falcon “fan”. A potential HOF QB versus an average, slow CB converted safety with no speed and no ball skills. Dude did super well to carve out himself a role and used his smarts to stay around as long as he did. Made himself enough money to put his family on the path of greatness for several generations so props to him. But my god. 

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Allen was solid, but his limitations became clear as the years went on.

Solid tackling, decent coverage. Just not the explosiveness you'd like from the position.

I think he would be more valuable on a team with less holes on D. He's got a ton of intangibles, but he's just not good enough on the field to warrant keeping him.

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

Not at all.   Like I said in another response, I remember him from that play, don't know enough about his history to make a call on whether I'd like the pickup.    That's not judging a player by one play - it's saying it's the only thing I know about him.

I'd seen it from a few other people you're just the one that I decided to respond to. Sorry lol

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd seen it from a few other people you're just the one that I decided to respond to. Sorry lol

No problem.  I just remembered the name because I loved that whiff more than anything.    Now, I have to go find out more about him.

He is a Falcon hero however!

38 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Isn't he the dude who whiffed on Diggs?   He's a hero of mine, but I'd have to look at more of his history with the Saints to say if that's the best move for a safety.

Marcus Williams is second best FS available in FA after Simmons. Broncos might tag Simmons and Williams will be probably be most sought. That one play was in his rookie year but he is very good FS now.

5 minutes ago, Tandy said:

No problem.  I just remembered the name because I loved that whiff more than anything.    Now, I have to go find out more about him.

Since entering the league in 2017, Williams has ranked near the top of the league in every significant category for safeties. He has a coverage grade that ranks in the 90th percentile to go with the highest rate of forced incompletions. Williams is also a solid run defender and with the skills to fit as a free safety in any scheme.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/free-agency?season=2021

He's their 15th ranked free agent overall.

40 minutes ago, TheFalcoholic said:

i feel like this is a good representation of the average falcon “fan”. A potential HOF QB versus an average, slow CB converted safety with no speed and no ball skills. Dude did super well to carve out himself a role and used his smarts to stay around as long as he did. Made himself enough money to put his family on the path of greatness for several generations so props to him. But my god. 

The average Atlanta fan being a dumb *** like that guy? Sounds about right..I see that all the time on the fb group rYaN TrAsH bRuH DaT mAnE StEaLiN mOnEy We nEeDs Ta tRaDe HiMs the blind leading the blind in the group 

Edited by RoddyWhite84
9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Indeed. An action with perhaps significant portent for Falcons draft plans?

Good. Seems the Falcons will draft a QB at some point this year.

Ryan has had a solid career, but I thought it was absolutely bizarre that he has never been challenged for his position in 13 years. Brady and Rodgers can't even say that.

2 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It’s been time to improve at FS for a good while now, but Rico was a good guy and an okay player for a good portion of his career here. At the very least he’ll be missed in the locker room. Hopefully we can get a difference maker at that position this offseason. 

The problem is that when a team is 18-30 over the last three seasons, the "good lockerroom guys" weren't really good enough to keep the team from averaging 6-10 seasons. 

Hopefully the new coaching staff can give this team a leadership makeover. 

25 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Indeed. An action with perhaps significant portent for Falcons draft plans?

i mean i thought we was drafting a QB regardless.... I think this mean they have a backup FA who knows the system in mind.

Benkert was only making 600k so this mean Coach know exactly who he wants in that QB room