Wentz Traded to Colts for a 3rd Rd (2021) and 2nd Rd (2022)

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I only counted the good ones.  I overestimated, though.  It’s 10 QB’s taken in 1st round since 2017 have been very solid (initially I said 11).

I count Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Murray & Darnold (he will be solid outside Gase tutelage)

Fair enough. I’m a big Tua fan for instance, but I think the jury is still out on the guys from this past year. Definitely think Watson, Mahomes and Murray are on a level of their own. 

Agree on Darnold though, but idk if he will get a shot. He should, but who knows 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than that  Ryan is better than Wentz 

Two firsts. Anything else is a hard pass.

Wentz was literally one of, if not THE, worst starting QBs in the league last year, he makes more than Ryan and gets that in a trade.  Where are the people who think we could only get a third for Ryan

8 hours ago, Gonobeast said:

I predicted this back as soon as he was benched.  He would be a Colt this year.  Ryan needs a dome to play in, warm weather.  Arm has regressed.  But Brady's suddenly got stronger this year.  Maybe Ryan needs to take or do whatever Brady is doing.

Giselle a few times a week. Sara would be mad 

11 hours ago, 408Falcon said:

What would you take right now for Matt Ryan? 

🙄 , these "trading ryan" threads are so repetitive... the man had 2 seconds in the pocket on average and half the fan base want him gone with no proven replacement... btw he had  no running game ... that might help qb out just a little 

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I only counted the good ones.  I overestimated, though.  It’s 10 QB’s taken in 1st round since 2017 have been very solid (initially I said 11).

I count Watson, Mahomes, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Murray & Darnold (he will be solid outside Gase tutelage)

It’s a reach to say Tua and Donald have been very solid.

that said, recent round 1 QBs seem to have faired better than others have historically.

20 hours ago, JDaveG said:

The Falcons haven't won a Super Bowl with anyone.

Matt Ryan played well enough in a Super Bowl to have won it but the defense and situational coaching let him down.

If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, which it is to me, then all the other hypothetical situations, coulda, shoulda, woulda, are irrelevant.

True, Matt Ryan has won as many Super Bowls as all previous Falcon QBs combined. Facts.

That says what?

Oh but it's a team sport!

So why talk about Matt Ryan? He's simply a part of team. Over paid, yes. A burden to the cap, yes. Results are still the same.

And contrary to some thoughts, I don't think he's a great leader.

11 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

If the goal is to win a Super Bowl, which it is to me, then all the other hypothetical situations, coulda, shoulda, woulda, are irrelevant.

True, Matt Ryan has won as many Super Bowls as all previous Falcon QBs combined. Facts.

That says what?

Oh but it's a team sport!

So why talk about Matt Ryan? He's simply a part of team. Over paid, yes. A burden to the cap, yes. Results are still the same.

And contrary to some thoughts, I don't think he's a great leader.

pevSPn4.gif