Wentz Traded to Colts for a 3rd Rd (2021) and 2nd Rd (2022)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than that  Ryan is better than Wentz 

Two firsts. Anything else is a hard pass.

Wentz was literally one of, if not THE, worst starting QBs in the league last year, he makes more than Ryan and gets that in a trade.  Where are the people who think we could only get a third for Ryan

23 minutes ago, Rings said:

if I’m looking for a bridge QB I would rather have those two picks plus Winston plus the difference in cap space than Wentz.  

I agree with your logic but still wouldn't want Winston. I'd want the picks, the cap space, and someone like Bridgewater. Dalton and Fitzpatrick are viable street free agents, too.

7 minutes ago, jidady said:

I agree with your logic but still wouldn't want Winston. I'd want the picks, the cap space, and someone like Bridgewater. Dalton and Fitzpatrick are viable street free agents, too.

Winston has always had some INT issues, but I’m pretty sure every QB (other than Brady) has always had a career high in INTs their first year in Arians system.  BigBen, Palmer, Luck, etc.  So I think Winston is closer to 10-15 than 30 a year.  PFF put out some stat that QBs in their first year average like 46 turnover worthy plays in Arians system, Brady had 12 lol.  Crazy.

13 minutes ago, Rings said:

Winston has always had some INT issues, but I’m pretty sure every QB (other than Brady) has always had a career high in INTs their first year in Arians system.  BigBen, Palmer, Luck, etc.  So I think Winston is closer to 10-15 than 30 a year.  PFF put out some stat that QBs in their first year average like 46 turnover worthy plays in Arians system, Brady had 12 lol.  Crazy.

Yeah, I've always fallen squarely into the "Brady is overrated" camp, but he shut me up this year. Down the stretch, he was a playmaking machine for what had been a mediocre team with a record better than their play. Once he got hot, they became unstoppable.

But I still think Winston would throw for 20 INTs any season he started at least 14 games. He's reckless.

49 minutes ago, Rings said:

If it’s even possible, Brady is still vastly under appreciated by the majority of the casual fans.  

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You really have to take the situation in Philly into consideration. Dudes receiving corp and parts of oline was injured dam near the whole season. He wasn't terrible just to be terrible

3 hours ago, Rings said:

They could have moved up in the draft and taken a rookie with more upside than Wentz and for a lot cheaper for the same amount they gave up for him.

Refresh my memory, but weren't most on here laughing at Philly when they took Wentz #2 overall? I seem to recall it was a good consensus that there were better QBs on the board, but I don't remember.

10 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Refresh my memory, but weren't most on here laughing at Philly when they took Wentz #2 overall? I seem to recall it was a good consensus that there were better QBs on the board, but I don't remember.

Dude people here were acting stupid cause AJ was picked. Always consider your source 🤣

42 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

To be fair, the next 3 years produced 11 first round QB’s who are currently playing at a very high level

Ehhh, half of the guys from 2017-19 weren’t great. Trubisky, Darnold, Rosen, Jones and Haskins aren’t very good. Baker is good, but I don’t know if I would say he is playing at a high level. I’m not so sure this past year was the best Josh Allen will ever be, and Lamar? Ehh. He showed again this year that he has issues as a passer, so I’ll be interested to see how long his legs can carry him. 

That leaves Kyler, Mahomes and Watson who are very good IMO. The funny part? Only one of them was taken in the top 10. And if you include Lamar and Allen in this conversation, only one was taken in the top 5. 

Taking a QB in the top 5 is overrated. People like Matt Ryan are the exception, not the standard 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

If you're still trying to trade Ryan when not a single rumor has hit, what does it make you?

Apparently not very smart lol. We aren’t trading Ryan and I don’t get how people can’t understand that. Would be dumb on so many levels

There's been a bit of a war on this board that will only ramp up leading to the draft in the two sides of spending a 1st to build around Ryan and the camp of exploring drafting a QB to sit behind Ryan next year to be set for the future. I am firmly in the latter.

I have given Ryan a lot of trash for his shortcomings last year and the team being losers the past three. That being said, it is disgraceful that he's even mentioned in the same sentence as that loser Wentz, who pouted his way out of town when he was benched for stinking up the joint. Ryan would NEVER be unprofessional like that or be that garbage in production that he forces the coach to bench him after the media essentially made him.

Wentz is a loser who has never accomplished anything. Please stop comparing him to Ryan.

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

There goes a potential trade up partner.

Now we have to wonder if the  iggles are all in on Hurts.

If they're not, the Eagles as a trade partner makes sense if one of the top 3 QB's gets to #4. All it would take is Sewell and/or the Fins taking Chase and we could get a good pick from them and still get Parsons, Surtain, or whoever. I would be surprised if Philly did that without trading Hurts first though...might as well get a pick if you gonna throw in the towel on him.

7 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

If they're not, the Eagles as a trade partner makes sense if one of the top 3 QB's gets to #4. All it would take is Sewell and/or the Fins taking Chase and we could get a good pick from them and still get Parsons, Surtain, or whoever. I would be surprised if Philly did that without trading Hurts first though...might as well get a pick if you gonna throw in the towel on him.

Yup.

Hopefully they fall in love with Smith and/or Chase  and one of them are there at 4....then we can offer them a chance for the low low cost of a second this year and a second next year....which now they have at worst case 2 of next year.

5 hours ago, jidady said:

But we should take one at #4 anyway to secure the franchise's future!

1st Round QB's still with their drafted team since 2017.

Mitchell Trubisky (Chicago)
Patrick Mahomes (KC)
Deshaun Watson (Houston)

Baker Mayfield (Cleveland)
Sam Darnold (New York Jets)
Josh Allen (Buffalo)
Lamar Jackson (Baltimore)

Kyler Murray (Arizona)
Daniel Jones (New York Giants)

Joe Burrow (Cincinnati)
Tua Tagovailoa (Miami)
Justin Herbert (San Diego)
Jordan Love (Green Bay)

Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Murray, Burrow, Herbert seem like bonafide Franchise QB's.