Wentz Traded to Colts for a 3rd Rd (2021) and 2nd Rd (2022)

3 minutes ago, Rings said:

I’d have made a push for Carr, and I would take Winston over Wentz myself.  ****, I’d pay pennies for Cam over what they gave up for Wentz, and I am not a fan of Cam at all.

I forgot all about Carr. He's the only one I would have taken over Wentz. 

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

I’d have made a push for Carr, and I would take Winston over Wentz myself.  ****, I’d pay pennies for Cam over what they gave up for Wentz.

Draft a rookie, sign Cam, a former MVP to help mentor, and run a lot of 2 Qb sets with the wildcat. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

All he has to do is not play hero ball and manage the game. I think he can do that. Heck T.Y. alone is better than any receiver he ever had on Philly lol

Some of his throws last year were some of the worst throws I've seen from any QB ever. Like Ryan Leaf level of bad. It's a question mark whether he can get those completely out of his system, but he is in a very good situation. Like you said, limiting mistakes is the key. He is talented enough and the Colts have enough options offensively where all he has to do is avoid big mistakes and that offense will be succesful. It's not a sure thing, but I like the odds. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You think they gonna let him walk? They can also add someone like Chris Godwin as well. There's plenty of options

Well, they had tons of cap space and somehow let him go to free agency. So, that was already dumb. I dunno if they can kiss and make up now or not.

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Naw, see, Matt Ryan is terrible and getting worse and we will never win a Super Bowl with him, AND we should trade him for multiple first round picks and just eat the cap space now.

It's fantasy land.  It all works out in our favor.

Sarcasm aside, have the Falcons won a Super Bowl with him?

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I got family in Tennessee also. I’m just a little over an hour away from Memphis. Over here in Arkansas.

That's where my fam is. Good ole Memphis. Have you ever heard of a private chef named Brandon Brown. His "company" name is Bino Bites

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Well **** it I give up lol. I'll just wait until free agency opens up before speaking on another team 

The consensus among Bucs' beat reporters is that Chris Godwin will return to Tampa Bay in 2021.

Godwin is a free agent, but the Bucs can place the franchise tag on him if the two parties are unable to agree on a long-term contract. With Tom Brady under contract for another season, the priority is to find "win now" talent, so it'd be a surprise if an established high-end receiver like Godwin wasn't a top priority for GM Jason Licht. In addition to Godwin, the Bucs also will be making decisions on free agents Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, and Leonard Fournette.

Feb 17, 2021, 2:16 PM ET

well this is all I could find

44 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

in 2013 His line was "intact" but it was argueably the worst line in football. He was throwing to Harry Douglass as his number 1 WR with a line of Holmes, Reynolds, Konz, Blalock and Trueblood with Koetter as OC. Trueblood, Holmes and Konz never started a single game after 2013, Reynolds started 14 games total after 2013 before retiring. They ranked dead last in every single metric for rushing offense and bottom ten in every metric for pass protection. I guess it's not hands down a worse situation than the Eagles but definitely comparable, and Ryan put up 4500 yards and 26 tds for a 90/ 67.5 QBR. So no, at no point in his career was Ryan anywhere near as bad as Wentz was last year. I do expect Wentz to bounce back in a fairly solid Colts offense but I don't think he is the MVP caliber player he looked like that one year in Philly either.

Only worse line or close to was the 2014 after injuries. I remember Toilolo and TE blocking Suggs. I was hoping they would shut down Ryan for the season. Bunch of cast offs on that line.

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I forgot all about Carr. He's the only one I would have taken over Wentz. 

I’d take Wentz over Winston or Cam straight up, but I don’t think any of the three are the answer, therefor if I’m looking for a bridge QB I would rather have those two picks plus Winston plus the difference in cap space than Wentz.  

1 minute ago, Rings said:

I’d take Wentz over Winston or Cam straight up, but I don’t think any of the three are the answer, therefor if I’m looking for a bridge QB I would rather have those two picks plus Winston plus the difference in cap space than Wentz.  

I just never bought into Winston at all. Even at FSU. Then again I'm a Miami fam so there is that bias against their players. 

52 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Some of his throws last year were some of the worst throws I've seen from any QB ever. Like Ryan Leaf level of bad. It's a question mark whether he can get those completely out of his system, but he is in a very good situation. Like you said, limiting mistakes is the key. He is talented enough and the Colts have enough options offensively where all he has to do is avoid big mistakes and that offense will be succesful. It's not a sure thing, but I like the odds. 

I just have never seen anything from Wentz that makes him anything above average. Not particularly accurate, not a super quick release, questionable decision making. The most exceptional thing I've been able to note is that he seems to be able to hold onto the ball while he's being sacked and can usually fire off a pass to avoid the sack. But that was just against the Falcons.

In my estimation, pretty much any QB that was slightly above average coulda gotten Philly to the playoffs that year. 

I've gotta say though, Indianapolis seems like the perfect situation for just about any QB to succeed. It would be your job to screw up basically.