Wentz Traded to Colts for a 3rd Rd (2021) and 2nd Rd (2022)

24 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So the fact that they suffered major injuries from important positions mean absolutely nothing? PFF isn't important to me, I'm sure you know that. 

Now had Matt Ryan had that type of season while losing so many key contributors, the realists would be defending him and pointing that out, we've seen it. Wentz should get that too. 

I don't think Wentz is as bad as he played last year, but Ryan has been in worse situations in the past and never performed as poorly as Wentz did last year. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than that  Ryan is better than Wentz 

Two firsts. Anything else is a hard pass.

Wentz was literally one of, if not THE, worst starting QBs in the league last year, he makes more than Ryan and gets that in a trade.  Where are the people who think we could only get a third for Ryan

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Ringz. You're my man 40 grand. We are strictly talking about last season. Did ALL of those injuries to their offense play a major factor in his success last season or not. Yes or no. Please be honest. If you aren't familiar with exactly who all he lost last season check it out before you reply. He literally had nothing. 

Oh I know man, it’s not personal at all.  I’m not upset or anything.  To answer your question, Yes injuries did, I’m not saying it didn’t.  He regressed and is 100% part of it.  But it’s not all of it.  When he had a clean pocket and receivers were open, he didn’t place the ball accurately.  Was it a confidence thing and seeing ghosts because he was the sixth most QB last year?  Maybe.  However in 19 had the fifth most snaps out of a clean pocket and was 17th in accuracy.  

I’m just not a fan personally, think he is overrated on one solid year that was a fluke to me in an offense that made nick foles look like a super star.  Could that be repeated in Indy?  Possibly.  But if you have the ability from coaching and scheme to make Foles outplay Tom Brady, why are you paying that much for Wentz?

Just now, Gonobeast said:

I predicted this back as soon as he was benched.  He would be a Colt this year.  Ryan needs a dome to play in, warm weather.  Arm has regressed.  But Brady's suddenly got stronger this year.  Maybe Ryan needs to take or do whatever Brady is doing.

Brady is an outlier of an athlete what other QB was playing to his age and still looking good out there? Just a rare case of man quite literally being built different. 

Just now, Rings said:

Yes it did, I’m not saying it didn’t.  He regressed and is 100% part of it.  But it’s not all of it.  When he had a clean pocket and receivers were open, he didn’t place the ball accurately.  Was it a confidence thing and seeing ghosts because he was the sixth most QB last year?  Maybe.  However in 19 had the fifth most snaps out of a clean pocket and was 17th in accuracy.  

I’m just not a fan personally, think he is overrated on one solid year that was a fluke to me in an offense that made nick foles look like a super star.  Could that be repeated in Indy?  Possibly.  But if you have the ability from coaching and scheme to make Foles outplay Tom Brady, why are you paying that much for Wentz?

It's the old school way of running an org. When you move heaven and earth for a player, you try to keep him to justify the picks. For what they are giving up, it's worlds better than 2 first rounders for Stafford who has done NOTHING but be a stat machine. Wentz isn't horrible. He's had a run of bad luck the past few years. 

Season before last those receivers weren't catching a sloth. Last season it was all of the major injuries, especially Jason Peters.  Ertz was pretty much all he had and he was playing hurt. That's not a good situation for any quarterback. 

The Eagles had their problems for sure.  And injuries & such played a role in it.  

But Carson Wentz needed a change of venue from that Philly crap hole.  I saw a guy who was not helping himself on the field at all despite all the crap around him.  He was literally getting progressively worse & I think much of it was his fault not being able to overcome the adversity.

Having said that, I hope the guy gets his mojo back in Indianapolis where he has a nice Oline now & can rekindle who he was when he came onto the scene in Philly.

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I don't think Wentz is as bad as he played last year, but Ryan has been in worse situations in the past and never performed as poorly as Wentz did last year. 

Let's keep it a buck. At most Ryan lost Roddy and Julio at the same time but his line was intact. 

Wentz lost everyone except Ertz. Who had the worst situation? Remember Wentz never even had superstars to begin with

Yeah I think it makes more sense for them to draft a QB than us if they even somewhat iffy on Hurts because if they do, their QB can compete with Hurts and the winner gets the job. And Hurts is on a cheap contract. Not to mention now they have an extra 3rd this year and a more than likely 1st next year to use as trade up ammo. 

7 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Hope they do.

Colts aren't that far off from being a serious SB contender if they can get a little bit more solid QB play than what Rivers provided last season, then the Colts can be up there with the Bills and Chiefs in the AFC.

I am sure they would like to keep him around, but they are in a good position regardless with Jonathan Taylor playing really well as a rookie. (Almost 1200 rush yards and 11 TDs)

3 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I bet they ride their rookie from last year. If we are looking for a vet Mack could be a cheap 1 year option coming off an injury.

That's if Mack would want to leave what he has there. On paper, Indy is the better situation, even if he has to split carries. Unless he thinks he is a full time starter

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Let's keep it a buck. At most Ryan lost Roddy and Julio at the same time but his line was intact. 

Wentz lost everyone except Ertz. Who had the worst situation? Remember Wentz never even had superstars to begin with

You could be 100% right, and you know me, I will gladly eat crow if Wentz goes off this year, I just see it as a desperation move and think they regret it in the long run.

I like this trade for both sides. I do think Wentz is gonna do well for Indy. And that 2nd rounder is gonna turn into a 1st for the Iggles. I don't think they are all in on Hurts (they shouldn't be yet) and could use that 3rd this year to move up a few spots if they want. 

We really need to put out some smoke screens about how much we want a QB at #4. 

Just now, Rings said:

You could be 100% right, and you know me, I will gladly eat crow if Wentz goes off this year, I just see it as a desperation move and think they regret it in the long run.

They wanted a veteran and for the price they are paying, do you think there was a better choice? 

Trubisky sucks. Could have tried Green Bay up for Aaron but that wasn't going to happen. Jameis isn't proven to be successful. Minchew had a run for a few weeks but hasn't done anything special outside of that. Foles is extremely overrated imo. I can't think of any other realistic options outside of Brissett

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

They wanted a veteran and for the price they are paying, do you think there was a better choice? 

Trubisky sucks. Could have tried Green Bay up for Aaron but that wasn't going to happen. Jameis isn't proven to be successful. Minchew had a run for a few weeks but hasn't done anything special outside of that. Foles is extremely overrated imo. I can't think of any other realistic options outside of Brissett

I’d have made a push for Carr, and I would take Winston over Wentz myself.  ****, I’d pay pennies for Cam over what they gave up for Wentz, and I am not a fan of Cam at all.

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

in 2013 His line was "intact" but it was argueably the worst line in football. He was throwing to Harry Douglass as his number 1 WR with a line of Holmes, Reynolds, Konz, Blalock and Trueblood with Koetter as OC. Trueblood, Holmes and Konz never started a single game after 2013, Reynolds started 14 games total after 2013 before retiring. They ranked dead last in every single metric for rushing offense and bottom ten in every metric for pass protection. I guess it's not hands down a worse situation than the Eagles but definitely comparable, and Ryan put up 4500 yards and 26 tds for a 90/ 67.5 QBR. So no, at no point in his career was Ryan anywhere near as bad as Wentz was last year. I do expect Wentz to bounce back in a fairly solid Colts offense but I don't think he is the MVP caliber player he looked like that one year in Philly either.

Just now, Dr Long Shot said:

in 2013 His line was "intact" but it was argueably the worst line in football. He was throwing to Harry Douglass as his number 1 WR with a line of Holmes, Reynolds, Konz, Blalock and Trueblood with Koetter as OC. Trueblood, Holmes and Konz never started a single game after 2013, Reynolds started 14 games total after 2013 before retiring. They ranked dead last in every single metric for rushing offense and bottom ten in every metric for pass protection. I guess it's not hands down a worse situation than the Eagles but definitely comparable, and Ryan put up 4500 yards and 26 tds for a 90/ 67.5 QBR. So no, at no point in his career was Ryan anywhere near as bad as Wentz was last year. I do expect Wentz to bounce back in a fairly solid Colts offense but I don't think he is the MVP caliber player he looked like that one year in Philly either.

All he has to do is not play hero ball and manage the game. I think he can do that. Heck T.Y. alone is better than any receiver he ever had on Philly lol