Wentz Traded to Colts for a 3rd Rd (2021) and 2nd Rd (2022)

Just now, Rings said:

From a clean pocket he was dead last in regular and adjusted completion % out of 29 qualifying QBs.  PFF had him only above Darnold and Nick Mullens in their passing grade (for what it’s worth).  I’m just saying, that’s a lot to give up for someone who has shown a high ceiling for part of one season and pretty mediocre to bad the rest of his career for what his avg salary will be.  I would go a different route personally.

So the fact that they suffered major injuries from important positions mean absolutely nothing? PFF isn't important to me, I'm sure you know that. 

Now had Matt Ryan had that type of season while losing so many key contributors, the realists would be defending him and pointing that out, we've seen it. Wentz should get that too. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than that  Ryan is better than Wentz 

Two firsts. Anything else is a hard pass.

Wentz was literally one of, if not THE, worst starting QBs in the league last year, he makes more than Ryan and gets that in a trade.  Where are the people who think we could only get a third for Ryan

At this point they gotta roll with Hurts I think, but who knows. They don't even seem to know what they're doing.

I'd trade back with them for Fields if he's still there and take Pitts and a couple second rounders. Haha

But my gut tells me Lawrence and Wilson go #1 and #2 and someone trades up with Miami at #3 for Fields.

6 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

So why didnt they replace Hurts with Wentz when he was bad?

They tried Hurts because Wentz was so bad...Hurts had a game or 2 that gave them some hope, but was pretty bad last 2-3 games, especially the last game vs WAS. Doesn’t mean he is a bust, but can’t give a ton of confidence the QB position is set either.

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

There is no way you really just used that Washington game as an example. Not saying Hurts was performing but that's the worst example to use

I sure did. We're they tanking or did Pederson really think that guy could lead a comeback if thrown into the lions den?

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get all that but you can't just say he was the worst in the league last year and not point out why he was the worst. Anyone who doesn't follow would just assume everyone was healthy

I'm not cutting him any slack Ryan been going thru this for years no OLine no running game...screw day Wentz sucked big time last year... Stop making excuses for these young QBs...folks had Ryan head on a stake and still do but this man has drop 4000 yds for 10 yrs straight... No other QB will ever get slack..until Ryan gets the **** respect he deserves.

Just now, GATXBOI said:

I'm not cutting him any slack Ryan been going thru this for years no OLine no running game...screw day Wentz sucked big time last year... Stop making excuses for these young QBs...folks had Ryan head on a stake and still do but this man has drop 4000 yds for 10 yrs straight... No other QB will ever get slack..until Ryan gets the **** respect he deserves.

This is why it's difficult to have honest conversations. Folks like you call reality an excuse. Tom Brady wouldn't even have been able to win with all that went on in Philly last season. The fact that you ended with it being about Ryan not getting respect tells me everything I need to know. Appreciate it

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

This is why it's difficult to have honest conversations. Folks like you call reality an excuse. Tom Brady wouldn't even have been able to win with all that went on in Philly last season. The fact that you ended with it being about Ryan not getting respect tells me everything I need to know. Appreciate it

So why the **** did you response..I didn't ask how you felt about nothing I was stating my opinion...

4 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

I'm not cutting him any slack Ryan been going thru this for years no OLine no running game...screw day Wentz sucked big time last year... Stop making excuses for these young QBs...folks had Ryan head on a stake and still do but this man has drop 4000 yds for 10 yrs straight... No other QB will ever get slack..until Ryan gets the **** respect 

Ok....🙄😳

Just now, GATXBOI said:

So why the **** did you response..I didn't ask how you felt about nothing I was stating my opinion...

I responded because you responded to me. Next time state your opinion in general terms, not to me. On the flip side of that, I certainly didn't ask your opinion. I was directly responding to Ringz. See how that works

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

They tried Hurts because Wentz was so bad...Hurts had a game or 2 that gave them some hope, but was pretty bad last 2-3 games, especially the last game vs WAS. Doesn’t mean he is a bust, but can’t give a ton of confidence the QB position is set either.

Yeah, the picks Philly just got are ones they will use to move up from #6.

8 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

but he got the coach that won them a Super Bowl fired, then bounced lol

Yep lol.

I wonder what happened with the Bears? For the past week rumors were almost certain that he would end up in Chicago.

Wentz could be much better with the Colts than he had been recently with the Eagles.

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

So the fact that they suffered major injuries from important positions mean absolutely nothing? PFF isn't important to me, I'm sure you know that. 

Now had Matt Ryan had that type of season while losing so many key contributors, the realists would be defending him and pointing that out, we've seen it. Wentz should get that too. 

No injuries matter, I’m not saying that.  But it’s not like he played really well for four years and then had this one bad year.  More of his career is below a top half the league QB than above at this point.  Yes weapons being hurt still play a factor.  When Ryan lost Julio for almost a full season he made Harry Douglas an 1,000 yard receiver, Wentz just crumbled.  It may work out, but I’m not a fan myself.  I would rather see them go after Carr, but then again not sure that was an option or if they wanted too much.  This is another case of paying for draft pick status, if Wentz wasn’t a former #2 overall pick, the dude is cut or a backup at this point.

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

No injuries matter, I’m not saying that.  But it’s not like he played really well for four years and then had this one bad year.  More of his career is below a top half the league QB than above at this point.  Yes weapons being hurt still play a factor.  When Ryan lost Julio for almost a full season he made Harry Douglas an 1,000 yard receiver, Wentz just crumbled.  It may work out, but I’m not a fan myself.  I would rather see them go after Carr, but then again not sure that was an option or if they wanted too much.

Ringz. You're my man 40 grand. We are strictly talking about last season. Did ALL of those injuries to their offense play a major factor in his success last season or not. Yes or no. Please be honest. If you aren't familiar with exactly who all he lost last season check it out before you reply. He literally had nothing. 

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Yeah the Colts coach was more the brains than the Eagles coach to me. If Frank wants Wentz probably a good chance he can turn him around.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, along with a really good run game with Marlon Mack returning from missing basically all of last season.

Behind that offensive line he doesn't have to run for his life and try to play hero ball.