Wentz Traded to Colts for a 3rd Rd (2021) and 2nd Rd (2022)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More than that  Ryan is better than Wentz 

Two firsts. Anything else is a hard pass.

Wentz was literally one of, if not THE, worst starting QBs in the league last year, he makes more than Ryan and gets that in a trade.  Where are the people who think we could only get a third for Ryan

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

You really have to take the situation in Philly into consideration. Dudes receiving corp and parts of oline was injured dam near the whole season. He wasn't terrible just to be terrible

I get it, but he’s literally had one good season, and he didn’t even finish that season out because of injury.  I’d rather use that draft capital to move up to get a rookie this year than think I could revive his career.

3 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

All true, but to play devils advocate he's far younger and has a history with their coach.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only thing keeping Ryan here this year is the dead cap. We obviously could load up moving him. 

The Eagles have one of the worst cap situations in the league. Its almost as bad as the Saints. Now they have 34 million in dead cap to deal with. The Falcons could have moved Ryan at any point and just eaten the cap hit. If anything, this shows that its likely that Fontenot and Smith believe they can win quickly with Ryan. 

Just now, Rings said:

I get it, but he’s literally had one good season, and he didn’t even finish that season out because of injury.  I’d rather use that draft capital to move up to get a rookie this year than think I could revive his career.

I get all that but you can't just say he was the worst in the league last year and not point out why he was the worst. Anyone who doesn't follow would just assume everyone was healthy

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Couldn’t go back to 08 because Ryan is still here.  But remember that when people think this QB class is different. Majority of those QBs were thought to be really good as well.  Taking a QB isn’t automatic, there are a ton more misses than hits, even in the first.  My guess is if five QBs go in the first this year, one will be really good, one will be middle of the pack and the other three with be busts.  That said I’d still take a shot on them if I’m the colts vs trading for Wentz.

3 minutes ago, Rings said:

They could have moved up in the draft and taken a rookie with more upside than Wentz and for a lot cheaper for the same amount they gave up for him.

Yeah, this is Frank Reich saying that he's better at coaching than the people who were calling the plays in Philly after he left. It's a bold move full of coaching ego.

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

Weird how all these teams keep giving up valuable draft picks for QB's when there's no fewer than 5 guaranteed HoF'ers in this draft class.

Yeah, I heard whatever teams draft Wilson or Fields automatically receive three Lombardi trophies at the podium

5 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

The Eagles have one of the worst cap situations in the league. Its almost as bad as the Saints. Now they have 34 million in dead cap to deal with. The Falcons could have moved Ryan at any point and just eaten the cap hit. If anything, this shows that its likely that Fontenot and Smith believe they can win quickly with Ryan. 

Could be true but to play devil's advocate, maybe they are wait to see how the market shake up. March 1st is around the corner. With this Wentz trade, some teams may see this as Philly may move up to take a QB; they have just added pressure to every team drafting in the Top 5 or 10

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get all that but you can't just say he was the worst in the league last year and not point out why he was the worst. Anyone who doesn't follow would just assume everyone was healthy

From a clean pocket Wentz was dead last in regular and adjusted completion % out of 29 qualifying QBs.  PFF had him only above Darnold and Nick Mullens in their passing grade (for what it’s worth).  Yes there were issues around him, but when things did go well or hold up, he didn’t take advantage of it and played really bad. 

I’m just saying, that’s a lot to give up for someone who has shown a high ceiling for part of one season and pretty mediocre to bad the rest of his career for what his avg salary will be.  I would go a different route personally.