“Matt Ryan is not a long term asset for the Falcons”.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not even going to bother watching when I see it’s CBS Sports and LaConfora, they are horrible.

LaCanfora posts should come with a warning. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

yes - for one year it does - you are correct.

Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith have a 1-month tenure w/ the Falcons - they are less concerned about 2021 than a 40yr Falcon fan is or the average TATF member.   A large contingent of the board here looks at this through the prism of 2021.    I can promise you that is not how Fontenot and Smith are looking at it - doesn't mean they will go QB in this draft, but it certainly means they might and that it is strong and viable option ;) .

The problem is that we're likely going to need to manipulate Ryans contract in some way if we want any chance of upgrading the team this year. Look, if we trade him and get a haul I'll be happy, but that is very unlikey based on the cap situation and not really knowing who will be available at 4. What happens if we trade Ryan and the QBs go 1-2-3. I can't imagine the FO being thrilled to land the 4th choice of QB at the 4th pick in the draft.

46 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The problem is that we're likely going to need to manipulate Ryans contract in some way if we want any chance of upgrading the team this year. Look, if we trade him and get a haul I'll be happy, but that is very unlikey based on the cap situation and not really knowing who will be available at 4. What happens if we trade Ryan and the QBs go 1-2-3. I can't imagine the FO being thrilled to land the 4th choice of QB at the 4th pick in the draft.

There are more alternatives than you think. Also, the most likely scenario if Falcons draft a QB at #4 is keeping Matt for 2021 and trading him in 2022 off-season if he has value.

Eagles just traded Wentz and he had a big cap number.   I don’t anticipate Falcons trading Matt this off-season though.

Let me start with the Orlando Brown segment... 

Big 10 O-Lineman of the year 2016, 2017

Pro-Bowl 2019, 2020

"He's not going to get paid like premium Ronnie Stanley"

How inept is this guy?  I don't care if he was drafted in the 3rd round, he's not going for a 3rd round pick.  2nd I might see it(he has 1 year left on his contract).  But he's a franchise tackle.

That being said, how is he employed?  He is literally always late on new, follows Schefter on everything.  When he breaks it first, he's wrong.  His perception of Ryan is ridiculous.  I'll say this, yeah I'm a Matt Ryan guy.  But, IF we move him, you will not convince me he's not valuable.  QB's playing into their late 30's, early 40's. This non long-term asset had 4500 yards, 28 TD, 11 INT.  He's not as valuable to us because we're a pretty underwhelming roster.  Teams missing that piece would value a Matt Ryan VERY heavily.  How this guy gets paid what he gets paid to spew his uneducated speculation is mind boggling.  

On 2/18/2021 at 6:21 AM, Macknsweetjones said:

Soooo yall bothered by him speaking a common sense point ? Get over yourselves 😂

Haha I think it's more the fact that this dude is a mud flap and gets paid to be a sports personality - while having the IQ of cheese whiz. So it's probably more of a 'life isn't fair' thing than it is anything else.