“Matt Ryan is not a long term asset for the Falcons”.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not even going to bother watching when I see it’s CBS Sports and LaConfora, they are horrible.

LaCanfora posts should come with a warning. 

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Hey y'all -- there are going to be some teams looking for QBs this offseason, and some teams are also going to want to get a solid player in the first round.

Also, I think most teams in the NFL are going to try to win more games than they lose or something.

You just proved you have what it takes to be an NFL "journalist".  Always good to know if the attorney gig doesn't work out you'll have this to fall back on.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Hey y'all -- there are going to be some teams looking for QBs this offseason, and some teams are also going to want to get a solid player in the first round.

Also, I think most teams in the NFL are going to try to win more games than they lose or something.

In other news.... the sun -will- rise in the east.....  unless it doesn't.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Trolls defending La Canfora is funny. Lol. La Canfora was hating Matt in his MVP year too. There are legitimate arguments against Matt Ryan, but La Canfora is not one of those guys to make them. 

Carryover from Jason's high school days.  He always hated the tall, macho athletic types.........

This dude is from Baltimore  so he has hated on Matt Ryan for yearssssssss even the superbowl year (he is a flacco guy)

Im surprised as an insider he would say this but he is wrong about teams not willing to call for Matt.... His cap hit with us is 40 mil buttttttt if he was traded to another team his cap hit would only be 23 mil for them which is a bargain for a QB like Matt.

No one is saying anything new...The issue is everybody keep comparing this to Aaron Rodgers situation .....  This aint the same... Jordan love cap hit was 2.2 this past year and his cap hit will be 2.8 mil in 2022.

Patrick Mahomes rookie year cap hit was 2.9 mil during his rookie year.

If we draft a QB at 4... His 2021 cap hit will be 6 mil.

6 minutes ago, atljbo said:

This dude is from Baltimore  so he has hated on Matt Ryan for yearssssssss even the superbowl year (he is a flacco guy)

Im surprised as an insider he would say this but he is wrong about teams not willing to call for Matt.... His cap hit with us is 40 mil buttttttt if he was traded to another team his cap hit would only be 23 mil for them which is a bargain for a QB like Matt.

No one is saying anything new...The issue is everybody keep comparing this to Aaron Rodgers situation .....  This aint the same... Jordan love cap hit was 2.2 this past year and his cap hit will be 2.8 mil in 2022.

Patrick Mahomes rookie year cap hit was 2.9 mil during his rookie year.

If we draft a QB at 4... His 2021 cap hit will be 6 mil.

But how are his coverage skills?

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I am famous for always saying w/ LaConfora - "a broken clock is right more than LaConfora" - and that is true with his inside reporting.

However, this is more analysis - I would say he is more right than wrong in his hot takes here - Falcons are at a fork in the road, they could take a QB,  Ryan's contract is an albatross at this point - all true.

Taking a QB doesn't make Ryans contract go away. It does, however, tie up about 8 million more dollars in the QB position thats already tying up 40+ million.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Taking a QB doesn't make Ryans contract go away. It does, however, tie up about 8 million more dollars in the QB position thats already tying up 40+ million.

yes - for one year it does - you are correct.

Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith have a 1-month tenure w/ the Falcons - they are less concerned about 2021 than a 40yr Falcon fan is or the average TATF member.   A large contingent of the board here looks at this through the prism of 2021.    I can promise you that is not how Fontenot and Smith are looking at it - doesn't mean they will go QB in this draft, but it certainly means they might and that it is strong and viable option ;) .

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith have a 1-month tenure w/ the Falcons - they are less concerned about 2021 than a 40yr Falcon fan is or the average TATF member.   A large contingent of the board here looks at this through the prism of 2021.    I can promise you that is not how Fontenot and Smith are looking at it - doesn't mean they will go QB in this draft, but it certainly means they might and that it is strong and viable option ;) .

It's a good thing that they can operate without all the pain & suffering from recent & past disappointment.  :)

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Especially with TF coming from an organization where they threw all their eggs in the basket and didn’t have a success plan for Drew Brees at QB.