Fontenot Hints At Draft Strategy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really love this approach to the draft. Fontenot gave this response in a meeting with season ticket holders.      Use FA for known commodities to fill specific needs and use the draft for ski

Reaching for needs is what got dimitroff and quinn fired.

I think he means Wilson or Fields at 4 for those of you that don’t understand 🤷‍♂️

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, RazorWing said:

Reaching for needs is what got dimitroff and quinn fired.

What made it worse...  they couldn't draft to replace themselves.  Although Quinn did manage to hire/delegate to a few Coaches at times to take over his role(s) as needed to keep himself employed a bit longer each time.

16 minutes ago, shock said:

So he’s saying we’re gonna be going mostly BPA in the draft, and go with filling our needs in FA with vets? I like this plan quite a bit. 

I second this. It's a great philosophy, but right now, it's just words. Let's see if he can actually put it into practice.

20 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I think he means Wilson or Fields at 4 for those of you that don’t understand 🤷‍♂️

QB's are almost never the BPA.  QB is just considered the most valuable position so they usually get drafted first.  BPA means we're probably going Oline or wide reciever at 4.  or maybe a trade back