TF Is Saying A Lot Without Saying Too Much

25 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

My thought on this is to jack up the price for the teams that want to move up and NEED a QB this year.

This is the NFL BS season. You have to take everything with a grain of salt. 

Yes. If you believe TF actually wants a QB, the last thing he would do is broadcast that, either directly or implied. If you want to trade down, the best thing to do is talk up the QBs. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all due respect, we did have Schaub retire. So whether we are talking a future replacement of MR2, a replacement for Schaub as backup, or a closer look at Benkert it is a given and his duty

I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again. So far regarding the draft Terry has said: we could go QB, we could go BPA, we could trade down. Y'all can't pay attention to what they're sayin

But they still managed to twist his words into a **** of an article title as bait "Fontenot cites bringing in a QB as A KEY PRIORITY?" 

44 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I honestly think our best case scenario is that one QB -- Lawrence -- goes before our pick.  The Jets take a WR or Sewell and Miami takes a WR or Sewell.  In that case, we will have teams bidding against each other to move up for our pick and we can get a king's ransom.

In that case, unless it's a team right behind us (and even then, I'm not sure the Jets or Miami would do it unless they're specifically targeting a WR), neither team will risk losing their pick to us.  In that case, we control the QB market, either by taking the one we like best, or more likely, by leveraging the pick to slide down and pick one of several players we like later while stockpiling draft capital. 

Dream Sleeping GIF by BAILEN

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

With all due respect, we did have Schaub retire. So whether we are talking a future replacement of MR2, a replacement for Schaub as backup, or a closer look at Benkert it is a given and his duty

That is what I was thinking.  Leaving open the possibility of taking a QB at #4 also only helps us if we want to be looking to trade down.  Maybe Fontenot is a better poker player than TD was. 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Not to Dimitroff, it wouldn't. He'd be trying to trade up.

But that's good to hear. There's only one obvious move here. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't do it.

If picks 2 and 3 are Sewell and a WR in some order, there will be a meltdown by some fans (like the OP) if we don't go QB. Really think next year's class is just as good tbh. Really like Howell and Rattler, plus Slovis has potential. Someone else will emerge as well (who even thought of Mac and Wilson as potential top 15 picks prior to this year?). 

If it's not Lawrence (who is good, but gets a little overhyped because of his size), there isn't anyone I want us to take at 4. 

Knowing us though we will pass on a QB at 4 this year (which is likely the right move) and do something dumb like take Bo Nix in 2022. He might be the worst QB in the SEC. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Where did Matt Ryan hurt you? 

He didnt, I use to take up for Ryan and before the draft. I watched a lot of BCs games, as one of our old coaches was BCs HC at the time. I even remember Ryan being benched in college. None the less, I thought he would be pretty good, had a good deep ball even though they flat deep balls. I still thought he'd be good. When the Falcons picked him, I was like **** yeah (Championship) no lie. However, over the years my expectation for him started to decline until finally I just said, the Falcons have given this young man everything to succeed; granted we have had some defensive and RBs woos but for the most part this organization has taken care of Ryan. I m just starting to think maybe Ryan isnt the QB to take us to a Championship and win it, Ive seen this dance before; I just want to see someone different now