TF Is Saying A Lot Without Saying Too Much

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all due respect, we did have Schaub retire. So whether we are talking a future replacement of MR2, a replacement for Schaub as backup, or a closer look at Benkert it is a given and his duty

I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again. So far regarding the draft Terry has said: we could go QB, we could go BPA, we could trade down. Y'all can't pay attention to what they're sayin

But they still managed to twist his words into a **** of an article title as bait "Fontenot cites bringing in a QB as A KEY PRIORITY?" 

42 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

But they still managed to twist his words into a **** of an article title as bait

"Fontenot cites bringing in a QB as A KEY PRIORITY?" 

Only when he's asked about it. And being we only have two on the roster, I'm 100% positive we'll bring in another. It's an extra slot on the PS if nothing else. 

I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again. So far regarding the draft Terry has said: we could go QB, we could go BPA, we could trade down. Y'all can't pay attention to what they're saying. It's the time of year for full on mind games and subterfuge. Everything is smoke and mirrors right now. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that GMs just try to plan for every possible situation that could come up in the draft and then just roll with what the draft gives them.

1 minute ago, ATLskinjob said:

I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again. So far regarding the draft Terry has said: we could go QB, we could go BPA, we could trade down. Y'all can't pay attention to what they're saying. It's the time of year for full on mind games and subterfuge. Everything is smoke and mirrors right now. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that GMs just try to plan for every possible situation that could come up in the draft and then just roll with what the draft gives them.

**** skippy.  TF ain't saying anything about plans or intentions or outcomes until the Monday morning presser after the draft.  He'd be a fool to do so.

14 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

I agree. He did say in the Shefter interview that #4 gives a lot of options for trading back.

16 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

With all due respect, we did have Schaub retire. So whether we are talking a future replacement of MR2, a replacement for Schaub as backup, or a closer look at Benkert it is a given and his duty

The league is too competitive to not have a potential successor/backup if your starting QB is over 35. We gon mess around and end up like the Broncos without a ring.

55 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

I mean, if you listen to his interviews. The QB position has came up a lot

I mean if you listen to his interviews every lame and lazy interviewer asks about QB's. TF is not steering the conversation, he's answering the moronic questions as best he can without revealing to much.

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

He also said what a high principle guy he is. I would have asked him, "then why were you with those cheating SOB Saints for 17 years?" 🤪

Yeah, I think the Falcon filter is going to full throttle on the next couple years at least. Just take Micah Parsons off your draft boards if you have him on. He won't be a Falcon.

I honestly think our best case scenario is that one QB -- Lawrence -- goes before our pick.  The Jets take a WR or Sewell and Miami takes a WR or Sewell.  In that case, we will have teams bidding against each other to move up for our pick and we can get a king's ransom.

In that case, unless it's a team right behind us (and even then, I'm not sure the Jets or Miami would do it unless they're specifically targeting a WR), neither team will risk losing their pick to us.  In that case, we control the QB market, either by taking the one we like best, or more likely, by leveraging the pick to slide down and pick one of several players we like later while stockpiling draft capital. 

Just now, Herr Doktor said:

The board will meltdown if TF trades out of the first round all together!  

I can't see him doing that honestly.  We'd have to get a King's ransom of picks in future drafts, and in this one.  A team in the back half of the draft that wants our pick and theirs would basically have to give us all their picks this season and probably a boatload of them next season too.

And I don't see any team doing that for any QB.  We didn't even do that moving up to take Julio -- we traded firsts with them and the first the following season.  It would take a series of moves to get out of the round entirely.  Trade back to 8, trade back to 23, trade back again into the top of the 2nd, etc.

I mean, I'd do it, don't get me wrong.  But a lot of stars have to align for that to even be possible.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I can't see him doing that honestly.  We'd have to get a King's ransom of picks in future drafts, and in this one.  A team in the back half of the draft that wants our pick and theirs would basically have to give us all their picks this season and probably a boatload of them next season too.

And I don't see any team doing that for any QB.  We didn't even do that moving up to take Julio -- we traded firsts with them and the first the following season.  It would take a series of moves to get out of the round entirely.  Trade back to 8, trade back to 23, trade back again into the top of the 2nd, etc.

I mean, I'd do it, don't get me wrong.  But a lot of stars have to align for that to even be possible.

Absolutely it would.  Perhaps I should have elaborated.  It would have been at least two trades to accomplish this.

28 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Even though your handle-name gives me the creeps for some reason, that's a pretty good post my man :D

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Oh yes TF...  confound the enemy... smoke is just fine by me...

Robert Redford Yes GIF

This time of year is total PSY-OPS.  Tipping your hand at all, on any level is madness.  That's why AB said that he's leaving every decision to the staff.  He backs their call.  Pretty much opens up a whole box of the unknown.  It's being played perfectly.  

The Falcons want good players, but would love to reel in a desperate fish or two.