Bold prediction: The Falcons will pick Penei Sewell.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Wouldnt have been so bad, but they were nasty about it.

The Sewell supporters were fine. He's a solid OL prospect, and we all know it. I happened to like Slater and Vera-Tucker better, but I would have respected the pick.

This stuff isn't the same as the daily "MATT RYAN SHOULD BE SCARED!!!" posts. Most of those weren't about the Falcons improving as a team.

54 minutes ago, jidady said:

The Sewell supporters were fine. He's a solid OL prospect, and we all know it. I happened to like Slater and Vera-Tucker better, but I would have respected the pick.

This stuff isn't the same as the daily "MATT RYAN SHOULD BE SCARED!!!" posts. Most of those weren't about the Falcons improving as a team.

Correct. It's one thing to look at the team and to think about who you think would make the team better. This wasn't that.

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Wouldnt have been so bad, but they were nasty about it.

Yeah this is the first draft since I've been on these boards where I almost avoided them until post-draft.

It's usually super fun to scout players and make mocks... but my Lord... it was nothing but people swearing their favorite QB was the only plausible choice and twisting reality to make Matt Ryan a bad QB. Lots of vitriol. 

I have no issue with folks getting called out for their ridiculous posts. People should be accountable for "swearing" on things and ****ting up the boards, IMO. 

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Exactly.

Folks calling Sewell or a trade back were being sensible. 

The QB posts were cringe at best... and mostly awful. 

45 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

You aren't a fan of accountability?

here's the way I look at it.   You have your regulars - people that are here daily/weekly/yearly - and mostly we all get along and like each other although have spirited discussions and disagreements - then you have the bomb-throwers that come in and flame the boards commando-style.     Just ignore them.

We all know I have strong opinions as well and I was and am an advocate of Justin Fields.   Having said that, I also loved Pitts and said as much.   I know this isn't really about me and is about another poster and what they said.

I'm just saying - all I'm saying - is when you go the search bar to re-hash an argument from two months earlier - just let it go.  That's all.

Just now, g-dawg said:

here's the way I look at it.   You have your regulars - people that are here daily/weekly/yearly - and mostly we all get along and like each other although have spirited discussions and disagreements - then you have the bomb-throwers that come in and flame the boards commando-style.     Just ignore them.

We all know I have strong opinions as well and I was and am an advocate of Justin Fields.   Having said that, I also loved Pitts and said as much.   I know this isn't really about me and is about another poster and what they said.

I'm just saying - all I'm saying - is when you go the search bar to re-hash an argument from two months earlier - just let it go.  That's all.

I didn't go search for anything. I pulled up this very specific thread for this very specific purpose. Mental notes.

I didn't go just search for these threads, just like I didn't go search for your mocks to rip apart. I remembered a very specific thread and bumped it.

You're free to engage or disengage as you see fit.

I know bumping old threads is petty, but this off-season was a **** show, and folks (the Ryan hate crowd) just ran their mouth non-stop...not even debating people, but being straight up *** holes. Let this be one of life’s small lessons.

speaking of folks who talked down to others about the QB...anyone see DirtyWordII lately? 

42 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I know bumping old threads is petty, but this off-season was a **** show, and folks (the Ryan hate crowd) just ran their mouth non-stop...not even debating people, but being straight up *** holes. Let this be one of life’s small lessons.

speaking of folks who talked down to others about the QB...anyone see DirtyWordII lately? 

If we really wanted to be petty, we could bump them all...

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Being he’s such an articulate writer, he’s been given the job of writing MR’s HOF induction speech. 

On 5/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

The guy was saying people who think we won't take a QB are stupid and that Ryan sucks. A little humble pie is warranted

Never said Ryan sucks .. i said we are not winning a SB with him and it’s time for a change if Fields turns into a star and we are picking top 15 next few years we made a mistake 

25 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

In 2 years we’ll know if we made a mistake or not if Fields is winning in CHI and we’re still mediocre 

Yea, but right now we know that you were 100% wrong about the Falcons taking a QB. Half of your post history is fields slobbering and calling anybody who didn't think we would draft fields at 4 stupid...