Bold prediction: The Falcons will pick Penei Sewell.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terry Fontenot had made it clear that he wants to build for the long haul. He comes from a place where the top priority was to protect Drew Brees.   Fontenot knows first hand how Cameron Jordon

I'm not convinced selecting a Top 5 player with the #4 pick is that bold.  But OP made some great points why Sewell selection makes sense.    

There isn't a "Super" QB in this draft. Lawerence is as close as you'll get, and he's not an option.   Fields, Wilson, Jones, etc aren't super...

13 minutes ago, Falconsailorman said:

If he's there draft him. Highest rated lineman in draft. There are always risks and the Falcons have bigger needs but Sewell is to good to pass up. Question do you draft Sewell if you get a decent offer for pick?

Now that is a great question.   I personally would not draft Sewell.  We should trade down, get a future 1st round pick, and start loading up on D.  Ideally, trade with a team who has a chance of sucking next year, so we can get a high draft pick.

18 minutes ago, duckhoa said:

Now that is a great question.   I personally would not draft Sewell.  We should trade down, get a future 1st round pick, and start loading up on D.  Ideally, trade with a team who has a chance of sucking next year, so we can get a high draft pick.

Yep. I'm trading down if the opportunity presents itself. Especially if a team wants a qb. That's a premium price. We will have the needed ammo to move up for a qb either next year or the year after as well. 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

They literally pass on QBs all the time. Rodgers was passed over. Brady was passed over. Every QB not drafted #1 was passed over.

But, you know what doesn't happen? QBs getting drafted in the 1st to sit. Teams drafting a QB when they have a MVP on the roster who is still under contract and playing at an extremely high level. 

Bruh you’re bringing up 20 years ago 

6 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

And I’m sure they regret it 

But you just told us teams aren't doing this anymore because of mahomes and watson. Let's try to keep a straight story here

'I’m not saying he’s Mahomes I’m saying teams realized they missed big time on guys like Mahomes Josh Allen Lamar and Herbert going forward the QB position is at an all time high of importance teams will do whatever it takes to get that guy whether it means even reaching'

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

But you just told us teams aren't doing this anymore because of mahomes and watson. Let's try to keep a straight story here

'I’m not saying he’s Mahomes I’m saying teams realized they missed big time on guys like Mahomes Josh Allen Lamar and Herbert going forward the QB position is at an all time high of importance teams will do whatever it takes to get that guy whether it means even reaching'

Notice i said Herbert last he was over analyzed just like Fields we’re gonna get the steam of the draft with him we can’t let him pass 

I'd never draft an offensive lineman being top 4 in the draft, but that's just me. I'd never take that chance, there's so many other (secretly) going to be great O-linemen out there you can get in later rounds. Year after year. Talented QB's don't come often. 

On 2/17/2021 at 2:49 AM, I Even Bleed Red said:

Terry Fontenot had made it clear that he wants to build for the long haul. He comes from a place where the top priority was to protect Drew Brees.

Fontenot knows first hand how Cameron Jordon has owned Matt Ryan (correction: owned Jake Matthews).

Arthur Smith comes from a team that emphasizes the trenches.

Sewell is ranked the 2nd best player in the draft behind Trevor Lawrence.

He is consider the most dominant O-Lineman to have ever come out of college.

If he gets past the Jets, we will draft him at 4th overall. In fact, we’d be lucky to have him.  

You'll get mocker fockers (stole that phrase FFS70 ;) ) saying we're gonna take a QB or trade down and go nuts with picks, but your point about  NO's #1 priority being OL for Brees rings true. I agree with the pick.

The key to winning teams make the best pick or trade when the time comes. Obviously coaching is a big part and system but I am talking from a GM perspective. How New England other than last year remained so good for so long making the right picks or accumulating picks. Yes they had Brady but they still had to draft good. Sure they'll miss on players but unless a player is just to good to pass on accumulate picks.The .ore chances you have the better percentage of getting g good players. Let's hope the Falcons get offered a good deal.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, JetJones11 said:

Wow some of you are really dense ... teams will not make the same mistake of passing on potential QBs if they have any questions about their starter ... which we definitely do the only reason he’s still on this roster is his salary not cause he’s soooo good 

You were saying?

48 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Ifwe didn't have a bunch of armchair GMs who know nothing about actually evaluating rosters making these bold proclamations, we wouldn't have anything to quote when those proclamations were wrong...

But, what do I know? I spent 0 minutes building mock drafts.

Wouldnt have been so bad, but they were nasty about it.

Just now, Knight of God said:

Wouldnt have been so bad, but they were nasty about it.

Right? Now they're upset that people are calling them out after months and months of their nonsense.

I literally read post after post of people ripping MR2, and telling us that we were idiots because we weren't drooling over one of the QBs on the board.

I think folks get far too attached and impassioned about players and sports in general.  The internet also gives everyone a platform to spread their opinion.  We are basically teaching everyone that they are special, what they say is important, and their feelings are deadly serious.  It's a different world.  But, basic decorum and politeness should still be something we treasure.

I don't come here to argue, I come here to talk and listen.