Bold prediction: The Falcons will pick Penei Sewell.

Terry Fontenot had made it clear that he wants to build for the long haul. He comes from a place where the top priority was to protect Drew Brees.

Fontenot knows first hand how Cameron Jordon has owned Matt Ryan (correction: owned Jake Matthews).

Arthur Smith comes from a team that emphasizes the trenches.

Sewell is ranked the 2nd best player in the draft behind Trevor Lawrence.

He is consider the most dominant O-Lineman to have ever come out of college.

If he gets past the Jets, we will draft him at 4th overall. In fact, we’d be lucky to have him.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terry Fontenot had made it clear that he wants to build for the long haul. He comes from a place where the top priority was to protect Drew Brees.   Fontenot knows first hand how Cameron Jordon

I'm not convinced selecting a Top 5 player with the #4 pick is that bold.  But OP made some great points why Sewell selection makes sense.    

There isn't a "Super" QB in this draft. Lawerence is as close as you'll get, and he's not an option.   Fields, Wilson, Jones, etc aren't super...

5 minutes ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Fontenot knows first hand how Cameron Jordon has owned Matt Ryan (correction: owned Jake Matthews).

Plays on the opposite side for the most part. The first game vs NO in 2020 had Cam going up against McGary. Kaleb held his own. People bring up Jordan's 3 Sacks. All of those were Ryan holding onto the ball too long. Jordan does own Ryan. If nothing else gets him a Gold Jacket, playing vs Matt Ryan will.

3 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Plays on the opposite side for the most part. The first game vs NO in 2020 had Cam going up against McGary. Kaleb held his own. People bring up Jordan's 3 Sacks. All of those were Ryan holding onto the ball too long. Jordan does own Ryan. If nothing else gets him a Gold Jacket, playing vs Matt Ryan will.

Wanna hear a scarier thought? It’s the Jets that control the entire draft. 

They are the sole linchpin as to how the algorithm unfolds. 

53 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Jordan has credited Matt Ryan before for his quick release and said that's the most frustrating part about playing Matt

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Wanna hear a scarier thought? It’s the Jets that control the entire draft. 

They are the sole linchpin as to how the algorithm unfolds. 

You know, I hadn’t really thought much about it. But this is the truth here. 

I’m suddenly feeling a bit faint. I need to go pray now. 😳

On 2/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, Falcons_time_is_now said:

I do agree that drafting Sewell would help strengthen our trenches..but it kind of makes me believe we still will have a void at LG. Sewell plays LT, Matthews moves to RT, and that leaves McGary where? If we were planning on moving any of the 2 previous tackles to guard..they would be there currently. Just a thought!

I'd like for the team to bring in a vet center, and see if Hennessy can take left guard.  Draft an interior lineman for depth, resign Gono for swing tackle.

30 minutes ago, Falcons_time_is_now said:

I do agree that drafting Sewell would help strengthen our trenches..but it kind of makes me believe we still will have a void at LG. Sewell plays LT, Matthews moves to RT, and that leaves McGary where? If we were planning on moving any of the 2 previous tackles to guard..they would be there currently. Just a thought!

Sewell played LG before switching to LT at Oregon so maybe he could make the same transition here. I think this is a great idea if we stay at #4.

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

I'm not convinced selecting a Top 5 player with the #4 pick is that bold.  But OP made some great points why Sewell selection makes sense.  

Lol he is the 2nd best player in the draft. It's a bold prediction because no many have us taking him, when in fact, he may not make it past the jest or the Finns. 

6 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Terry Fontenot had made it clear that he wants to build for the long haul. He comes from a place where the top priority was to protect Drew Brees.

Arthur Smith comes from a team that emphasizes the trenches.

Sewell is ranked the 2nd best player in the draft behind Trevor Lawrence.

He is consider the most dominant O-Lineman to have ever come out of college.

If he gets past the Jets, we will draft him at 4th overall. In fact, we’d be lucky to have him.  

Pardon my ignorance but who considers Sewell the best OL to EVER come out of college.  I consider Orlando Pace and Anthony Munoz as the top OT’s to come out of college.  Sewell is a top prospect but he has technical flaws (correctable) that put him at least a notch below the two I mentioned.

As always, there is a lot of hype in draft talk.