Scouting Notebook Sneak Peek - The Draft Scout/Matt Miller

5 hours ago, athell said:

Stop with the Mahomes and Rodgers comparisons.  They are ridiculous.  He is much more likely to be Manziel than he is Mahomes.

To be fair and this is from someone who would prefer not to go QB 1st but won't complain if we do get Fields or Wilson.  This is the exact same thing that was said when Mahommes was coming out lol.  When people compared him to a great QB you got alot of thats dumb and ridiculous comments.  Now with that said Mahommes wasn't even thought to be what Mahommes is now coming out :D   Theirs a reason he was taken at 10 and had to sit a bit.   You can have similar traits and be compared to a great QB without being the actual QB their shouldn't be a problem with that for players coming out.   Rather you turn into that at the next level is mostly up to coaching, scheme, system, and how badly you want it.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope Zach is there at 4.  All the Zach stans will get so excited.  Then I hope we trade the pick for a haul and someone else drafts him. Dream scenario.

In a month, Fields will get QB 1 rumors.  The week before the draft, Lance will get the nod.  And on draft day "With the first pick in the 2021 NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Trevor Lawren

Yes, everyone should love Wilson so much that if he's on the board at #4, they should give up numerous picks to trade with the Falcons!

Posted Images

I'm torn on drafting Wilson, because it means he will sit maybe up to 2 years behind Matt Ryan..whereas an elite left tackle can step in and help us immediately AND once Ryan exits. I'm not saying we don't need a backup QB, but taking someone like Kyle Trask in round 2 seems like a easier fix to the massive Falcons problems.

6 minutes ago, Falcons_time_is_now said:

I'm torn on drafting Wilson, because it means he will sit maybe up to 2 years behind Matt Ryan..whereas an elite left tackle can step in and help us immediately AND once Ryan exits. I'm not saying we don't need a backup QB, but taking someone like Kyle Trask in round 2 seems like a easier fix to the massive Falcons problems.

This has been my thought.  I'd rather have a veteran backup with starting experience though.  Drafting a QB makes long term sense.

13 hours ago, athell said:

Stop with the Mahomes and Rodgers comparisons.  They are ridiculous.  He is much more likely to be Manziel than he is Mahomes.

It’s coming from a lot of NFL ppl. Same thing was said about Mahomes with some of his hype and comparisons. How’d that work out? Honestly you have no idea how Wilson or Fields will turn out. Be careful what you say....you may end up eating some crow pie. 

13 hours ago, athell said:

And that one guy who is wrong 70% of the time said he was gonna be the next Mahomes!  Gimme a break.  We hear this same garbage year in and year out because QB is what draws the attention.  This is all hype for the draft more than it is hype for a player.  And every year people fall for it.

Its amazing how many " next mahommes or rodgers" turn into jameis winston, tyrod taylor, or manzeil once they hit the pros. Most of it, imo, has to do with being picked by horrible teams with no real foundation. Build the team first and then most any qb can succeed if scheme is designed for his style of play and strengths.

30 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Its amazing how many " next mahommes or rodgers" turn into jameis winston, tyrod taylor, or manzeil once they hit the pros. Most of it, imo, has to do with being picked by horrible teams with no real foundation. Build the team first and then most any qb can succeed if scheme is designed for his style of play and strengths.

Absolutely....Most QBs are plug and play in the right system.

2 minutes ago, dyrtysouth2000 said:

Absolutely....Most QBs are plug and play in the right system.

Honestly, jameis was set up to succeed but he got dirked. Most any capable qb could have won with that bucs team this year. The scheme and TEAM as a whole was formidable.

3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

It’s coming from a lot of NFL ppl. Same thing was said about Mahomes with some of his hype and comparisons. How’d that work out? Honestly you have no idea how Wilson or Fields will turn out. Be careful what you say....you may end up eating some crow pie. 

NFL people are just as dumb as rando internet people.  At least some.  We still have people here who put stock in Mel Kiper ffs.  

I won't be eating any crow...no one has a clue how any of these guys are going to turn out.  That's the point.  To sit back and pretend like tv personality 189 has the inside info on the next generational hall of fame talent is absurd.  It's for views and clicks.  Can't miss doesn't exist.  

4 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Mahomes was not hyped by media. He was a project pick 2-3 round for most of the weeks. He was mocked end of first round by few. You know who was hyped? Trubisky. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

NFL people are just as dumb as rando internet people.  At least some.  We still have people here who put stock in Mel Kiper ffs.  

I won't be eating any crow...no one has a clue how any of these guys are going to turn out.  That's the point.  To sit back and pretend like tv personality 189 has the inside info on the next generational hall of fame talent is absurd.  It's for views and clicks.  Can't miss doesn't exist.  

Mel Kiper had Mahomes as second third round project.  His final mock before the draft after reports of KC liking Mahomes had him at #27. 

7 hours ago, Williamb said:

Honestly, jameis was set up to succeed but he got dirked. Most any capable qb could have won with that bucs team this year. The scheme and TEAM as a whole was formidable.

Yep sure Jamies was going to be all world and DK screwed him up and the next year BA the SB winning coach screwed him up. Is this all about entitlement? It’s all on coaching? That’s the problem in today’s world no one wants to be held accountable.

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Mahomes was not hyped by media. He was a project pick 2-3 round for most of the weeks. He was mocked end of first round by few. You know who was hyped? Trubisky. 

All I heard was why did PM fall so far in the draft. You have no idea how Wilson Fields or Lance will turn out but you can take Lawrence to the bank. Oh wait a minute is he over hyped or are you blind

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Yep sure Jamies was going to be all world and DK screwed him up and the next year BA the SB winning coach screwed him up. Is this all about entitlement? It’s all on coaching? That’s the problem in today’s world no one wants to be held accountable.

So what are you saying. Slipped right by me.

Who is accountable?

I didn't compare jameis to brady by any means, but 47 sacks to 21 is a huge difference. Jameis was #1 overall and superhyped. He stepped into a crappy team and didn't fair the best. Imo if he stepped into the TEAM they had this year, he would have done much better. The people who should be held accountable are those who did not build a team and dk. He had 1 yr with arians and as I said 47 sacks. O line was ranked 25th in the league.

Edited by Williamb
Addition
On 2/16/2021 at 7:01 PM, athell said:

And that one guy who is wrong 70% of the time said he was gonna be the next Mahomes!  Gimme a break.  We hear this same garbage year in and year out because QB is what draws the attention.  This is all hype for the draft more than it is hype for a player.  And every year people fall for it.

Plus GMs fall for it and I’d certainly think they know a hail of a lot more than us. So basically you’re saying you ‘now more than the NFL GMs? I didn’t realize you were qualified to be an expert QB guru any more than the rest of us 🤷‍♂️. I don’t understand what makes you right. My bad 🙉

34 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Plus GMs fall for it and I’d certainly think they know a hail of a lot more than us. So basically you’re saying you ‘now more than the NFL GMs? I didn’t realize you were qualified to be an expert QB guru any more than the rest of us 🤷‍♂️. I don’t understand what makes you right. My bad 🙉

I wouldn't have traded up for Trubisky to pass over Watson and Mahomes so do with that as you will...you can use all the cute emoji's you want, this isn't rocket science and people love to overthink it and throw away everything they know over "highlights".

What makes me right isn't anything other than experience and learning that each and every year the talking heads say the same garbage.  Over and over.  And people like you still fall for it.  That's what makes me right and you wrong.  Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, athell said:

I wouldn't have traded up for Trubisky to pass over Watson and Mahomes so do with that as you will...you can use all the cute emoji's you want, this isn't rocket science and people love to overthink it and throw away everything they know over "highlights".

What makes me right isn't anything other than experience and learning that each and every year the talking heads say the same garbage.  Over and over.  And people like you still fall for it.  That's what makes me right and you wrong.  Hope that helps.

Bit of hind sight there bro. Must be a lot of ppl overthinking 👀

My bad 

image.png

6 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Bit of hind sight there bro. Must be a lot of ppl overthinking 👀

My bad 

image.png

Not hindsight at all bro.  It happens all the time.  Literally every single year.  We have several posters here, yourself excluded, who are extremely smart and turn out to be correct on players all the time.  Several here wanted Watt over Takk.  Several banged the table for Winfield.  It's not hard for people who actually pay attention.  Maybe complain less about Matt Ryan and do more of your own research instead of taking other people's words for it you clearly have a lot to learn.

You do have the whole internet troll thing down though so you got that going for you.