Jump to content

IF the Falcons want to trade back


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, andrews31cain21 said:

and the draft falls 1)Lawrence, 2) Wilson 3)Fields....then is there any player left that a team would want to give up capital to jump to 4?  IF so, who

doubtful. which is why, if tf is looking to trade down, i hope he pulls the trigger before draft day if the right offer is there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

and the draft falls 1)Lawrence, 2) Wilson 3)Fields....then is their any player left that a team would want to give up capital to jump to 4?  IF so, who

It depends entirely on who you have taking those guys 1, 2, 3.

Are you anticipating them being picked by the teams currently sitting in those positions, or are other teams trading up to get there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yep, this is the big question...  You absolutely cannot go wrong with this big fella.  But if someone loves him enough to give up some nice draft capital, we should also consider it.

I feel like that could be pretty risky with a sure thing like Sewell on the board. But definitely considerable I’d just hate to see them pass on Sewell for another prospect(s) that doesn’t live up to expectations or bust completely. It’d honestly be funny to me but I always laugh at the falcons(my) pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, k-train said:

Exactly. This matters big time, because it effects how many QBs are left AND how many QB needy teams are left.

The media is waaaay too enamored with these QBs. They basically have every team but KC trying to trade up and take one. I think that thinking has infected a lot of posters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

I feel like that could be pretty risky with a sure thing like Sewell on the board. But definitely considerable I’d just hate to see them pass on Sewell for another prospect(s) that doesn’t live up to expectations or bust completely. It’d honestly be funny to me but I always laugh at the falcons(my) pain.

Understandable bro.  It's a new era for us so they can't operate under the scars we all have in place.  They have to make decisions as if the franchise is just beginning without the baggage we carry as fans.  

The haul would have to be fairly significant before I would pass on a guy of this caliber.  He would be one heck of a nice pick for the new regime brother.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The media is waaaay too enamored with these QBs. They basically have every team but KC trying to trade up and take one. I think that thinking has infected a lot of posters.

It's always this way with the QB's it seems.  The league seems to never have enough high quality ones at their disposal & it sets up well for the new Falcons leadership this year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pick is Sewell 99% in that scenario, as others have said, but sticking to your specific question, it'd be a team looking for Sewell or one of the top WRs. Maybe for Pitts.

Otherwise, there really isn't anyone that a team would invest a ton in to move up to get, especially when there are nearly identical talents to be had later.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, k-train said:

Exactly. This matters big time, because it effects how many QBs are left AND how many QB needy teams are left.

That's why nobody should worry about hearing about a trade until we're on the clock. Our trade options depend on Miami's decision and their's depend on the Jests' choice. With a top 4 pick, you almost have to come away with a difference maker or your draft is a failure. Personally, I think we can get similar value at ~#10 as #4 because we need that much help. If I can get an extra second-round (or even third round) pick and a first next year, that's value. If not, grab Sewell and don't question it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Eagles maybe to leapfrog Cincy for Chase

I don't think the Iggles trade up for a WR. If Chase and Smith are still on the board at 4, one of them will be there at 6, and if not Pitts is. The eagles are in a predicament like us where they need to trade down. They have a ton of holes too. Moreso than we do. Can't see them trading up for a WR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

I don't think the Iggles trade up for a WR. If Chase and Smith are still on the board at 4, one of them will be there at 6, and if not Pitts is. The eagles are in a predicament like us where they need to trade down. They have a ton of holes too. Moreso than we do. Can't see them trading up for a WR.

Eagles need help at WR in a desperate way. Trading up for a stud is definitely possible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...