TF interview with Steve Wyche, Jim Trotter

Lowndesfalc

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Probably get flamed for this, but I actually didn't like the clip. Says he didn't want to be a Falcon, his principles, yada, yada, yada. Well then why in the **** did you stay with that cheating son of a ***** organization for 17 years???

Haha.  That actually is a good point that I didn't consider.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he wasn't involved with the shadiness?  I think that's possible.

6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Probably get flamed for this, but I actually didn't like the clip. Says he didn't want to be a Falcon, his principles, yada, yada, yada. Well then why in the **** did you stay with that cheating son of a ***** organization for 17 years???

or maybe the shadiness seemed totally normal since he was around it so long and now he sees that there is light outside of the darkness that he only knew.  Haha.  I don't know...I'm just rooting for him.  We deserve something good to happen for a change.

53 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I understand, and he's going to always have a little emotional attachment to New Orleans and Mickey Loomis, but I really believe he's all-in with the Falcons ~ heart, mind and body.

He freely admits he had no interest at all in a possible job with the Falcons, but then he read Blank's book, "Good Company," 4.5 stars on Amazon, and realized this was a man with the same philosophy about work and life. It's not just TF, his kids have gone Full Red and Black. They're Dirty Birds now, bro. No worries about that.

It's just, and you know this all too well being a Falcons fan all your life also, those colors don't run, bro. I want to believe his heart is in it as much as he says it is. Imagine, though... if it were you, being a Falcons fan for so many years, and then switching on a dime for a job to the black and gold. I don't know. There is a tangible difference between fans and the guys who buy all in with their lives to play or work for these teams. I'm not going to beat the thing into the ground. I'm a believer in Terry Fontenot. I think I just went down the rabbit hole a bit with the loyalty thing. I just don't know if I could do it. Like seriously... even for an amazing job. LOL! But good on him if he's being genuine. I hope for all our sakes that he truly is. 

Nonetheless, thanks for the encouraging word, brother. 

1 hour ago, athell said:

TATF as GM

/holds nationally televised press conference

"We are drafting Zach Wilson at 4 and will not entertain any other players or offers for this pick as we are locked in and ready to pull the trigger"

Reporter: "What if Zach Wilson isn't there at 4?"

/awkward silence

Take Fields

3 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I really like the man. I think he's a bright, and talented dude. And I get it's a business and he says he's excited being here now... but I wouldn't be fully transparent if I didn't admit that there's is a small piece of me that sees him as an enemy that has breeched the perimeter. He was a New Orleans Saint for 16 years or something. It may take a while to shake that one for me. 

Bobby Hebert. Mort, and Ironhead broke me of that thinking.