TF interview with Steve Wyche, Jim Trotter

I really like the man. I think he's a bright, and talented dude. And I get it's a business and he says he's excited being here now... but I wouldn't be fully transparent if I didn't admit that there's is a small piece of me that sees him as an enemy that has breeched the perimeter. He was a New Orleans Saint for 16 years or something. It may take a while to shake that one for me. 

59 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I really like the man. I think he's a bright, and talented dude. And I get it's a business and he says he's excited being here now... but I wouldn't be fully transparent if I didn't admit that there's is a small piece of me that sees him as an enemy that has breeched the perimeter. He was a New Orleans Saint for 16 years or something. It may take a while to shake that one for me. 

When that thought creeps up I think about his personal perspective of his career and what he may want to achieve as head huncho. 

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

True. He could also be Bill Belichick that left the Jets and then went on to spank the Jets with no remorse for 21 seasons... 

I actually think I like him more now because of his saying he had no interest in interviewing for the Falcons job initially and when asked why he said rivalry. That answer tells me that we have a GM that understands this rivalry and has committed to our side in it after 16 years serving the evil empire. :lol:

Just now, athell said:

This is like business 101 and yet people still confused by it lmao

We live in that world where folks don't think strategically or really logically anymore.  It's all what they want and feel over cold hard basics.  TF ain't given away **** until the Monday following the draft.  

19 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

True. He could also be Bill Belichick that left the Jets and then went on to spank the Jets with no remorse for 21 seasons... 

Bill just followed a Parcells and spent most of the time with NYG. He never was HC of jets.  He left Patriots after 1996 and coached jets Defense with Parcells  for couple of years. Fontenot has never worked outside of Aints. 

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

We live in that world where folks don't think strategically or really logically anymore.  It's all what they want and feel over cold hard basics.  TF ain't given away **** until the Monday following the draft.  

TATF as GM

/holds nationally televised press conference

"We are drafting Zach Wilson at 4 and will not entertain any other players or offers for this pick as we are locked in and ready to pull the trigger"

Reporter: "What if Zach Wilson isn't there at 4?"

/awkward silence

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I understand, and he's going to always have a little emotional attachment to New Orleans and Mickey Loomis, but I really believe he's all-in with the Falcons ~ heart, mind and body.

He freely admits he had no interest at all in a possible job with the Falcons, but then he read Blank's book, "Good Company," 4.5 stars on Amazon, and realized this was a man with the same philosophy about work and life. It's not just TF, his kids have gone Full Red and Black. They're Dirty Birds now, bro. No worries about that.

There have been times when some of the people on this board would have done a better job drafting than Dimitroff.  We have watched TD pass on players that seem like a sure thing for some no names and had to watch the players he passed on go on to become stars.  I'm hoping Fontenot doesn't try to get too cute or "think outside the box" too much like TD and just get us good, safe, solid players if they're available.  I think he'll do that.