Former rival Buc WR Vincent Jackson dead at 38

30 minutes ago, Slimm said:

I wonder why he was staying in the hotel since January 11th?  Probably family problems, but then why report him missing? I'm just curious not trying to hate on the man. 

Either way RIP VJ

Don't want to speculate too much, but seems like mentally he was going through some things unfortunately. RIP to him. 

16 hours ago, Slimm said:

I wonder why he was staying in the hotel since January 11th?  Probably family problems, but then why report him missing? I'm just curious not trying to hate on the man. 

Either way RIP VJ

Probably because he wasn’t answering his phone?

based on what little there is to go on, unlikely a primary medical issue...I always liked the guy since he was drafted 

40 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

What a gut-punch for his family. I can't imagine their pain, but I truly feel for them. Prayers and sympathy to all the people who loved him.

I sure hope it was an accident but my gut tells me otherwise.  I haven't read any more on this topic, but it sounds as though he may have taken his own life.  That just hurts me so deeply to know someone is in such dire depression & pain.  You MUST reach out to others & seek help.  It's never ever that hopeless.  Life is sacred & suicide is such a selfish act if I may say so with a caring heart.  It devastates those you leave behind.  I don't have the answers but I will say what is on my heart... man cannot do it alone & God can & will deliver all who will come to Him & He will give you strength to do what we cannot do on our own.  Satan wants people to isolate so he can defeat them while they're alone where they cannot hear the truth.  We must guard against the lies of the enemy!

John 10:10

10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

5 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

A post football career must be difficult for many former players.  Your whole life was football.  If coaching isn't your thing, and if doing something else was never considered or cultivated, I can imagine life would seem challenging.  A very sad thing.

Agree. It's a shame for everyone if he committed suicide because he couldn't adapt to being out of the game. I don't think it stated that he did commit suicide, so maybe it was something else.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. It's a shame for everyone if he committed suicide because he couldn't adapt to being out of the game. I don't think it stated that he did commit suicide, so maybe it was something else.

They're still investigating. That said, checking into a hotel a month ago and never leaving sounds like trouble (and no one knew he was there for a while). 

Anyway, whatever the case may be, grace and peace to him and his family.