2021 Braves Spring Training

Unknøwn

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

Anyone able to fill me in on Michael Harris? I hear he's been getting some serious attention from scouts and former players.

What can we expect from this kid as he grows in the minors?

There was a big article on him in the Athletic today. Looks like he has been training with Marquis Grissom over his off time, and was at the alternate site last year going against pitchers who were rehabbing and others who were there like Ian Anderson and Sean Newcomb and such. He really impressed down there, so much that Markakis was raving about him when he came up and told Snit all about him. Marquis was also raving about him, saying that he was basically better than the 4 that marquis was training and just got drafted last year. He said Harris had the same quality as Sheffield and Bonds and other hall of famers he had been around. Nothing seems to rattle him and he doesn’t look outmatched going against the Braves best pitchers.

He could have been drafted as a pitcher with a 93 mph fastball, but his speed and hitting means he will be outfield. Marquis said he is ready for the big leagues now, even though he has only done A ball. Snitker is really high on him also, and people in the organization are thinking he will be the next big outfielder, not Waters. He rarely strikes out and has a better hitting profile apparently. His defense is really good and many think an outfield of him, Acuna and Pache will be the best defensive outfield in the majors. Lots of promise, and if he is still a prospect next year he should be in the top ten in baseball. 

Acuna just launched his first homerun of the spring. Another rock solid outing for Kyle Wright. 4 innings 2 hit ball with no runs allowed. Nate Jones turned in another clean inning. He's been great this spring and has yet to give up a run.

Really happy with how our rotation is looking right now. Fried, Morton, Anderson and Wright have all looked solid. 

Am wondering what happens with Waters though. With all this Michael Harris hype, if he is the guy, I wonder what happens with Waters and Trey Harris. Maybe they can become super utility players!!!! Lol one can dream. 

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

I was about to ask if he is making Waters expendable. 

I think he might. Waters hasn't been getting nowhere near the action Harris has this Spring. Snitker loves him, gushed about the scouts for finding him and called him a first round talent.

Nick Markakis has announced his retirement. Kakes said he knew after the NLCS that he would never play again. Just waited to announce his decision. Kakes had 2,971 ABs as a Brave. He hit .283/.357/.402. Kakes was a doubling fool and finished with more doubles than Babe Ruth. In his Braves career alone he posted 198 doubles. **** of a career for Nick and a very under appreciated Brave.