Jump to content

2021 Braves Spring Training


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Its well documented that championship runs create a big revenue boost. Ticket and merchandise revenues both increase the following season. Thats where Liberty is hurting themselves by cutting so much from the budget. As they say, gotta spend money to make money

It boosts ticket revenue when there's not a pandemic that's constraining ticket sales. Hopefully things continue to improve on that front and they can start having more fans in the stands quickly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, K26dp said:

It boosts ticket revenue when there's not a pandemic that's constraining ticket sales. Hopefully things continue to improve on that front and they can start having more fans in the stands quickly.  

The pandemic definitely stunted the Nats. They couldn't even celebrate much less enjoy the revenue boost. Dodgers will miss out on some of it too but we all know they don't need it anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

The pandemic definitely stunted the Nats. They couldn't even celebrate much less enjoy the revenue boost. Dodgers will miss out on some of it too but we all know they don't need it anyway.

Hopefully good news is right around the corner. I've read a few things that said we could be approaching herd immunity by the end of April or May. If that's the case then maybe we could be looking at getting back to having full stands some time in June and that would hopefully boost the Braves revenue that would allow them to go out and make a big move at the trading deadline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, we're not going to be approaching herd immunity by May.

At the current pace, it'll be early in 2022, but I expect vaccination distribution to speed up enough that we'll get there by the fourth quarter of 2021.

We're doing nearly 1.3 million doses a day, which is about 650k people. In 100 days, that's 65 million people.

We need about 300 million, maybe a little less (say 280 million) for herd immunity. This guy does a good job of posting the applicable data:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully we can get some revenue back this year. They have to get Freeman's new contract done and thats going to be a large chunk starting in 2022. We know its coming, both sides have said it'll get done. He'll take a discount but its still going to be a big check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jidady said:

Sadly, we're not going to be approaching herd immunity by May.

At the current pace, it'll be early in 2022, but I expect vaccination distribution to speed up enough that we'll get there by the fourth quarter of 2021.

We're doing nearly 1.3 million doses a day, which is about 650k people. In 100 days, that's 65 million people.

We need about 300 million, maybe a little less (say 280 million) for herd immunity. This guy does a good job of posting the applicable data:

 

This is what I read a couple days ago and they said on my local news that it could be the end of May. Either way, vaccinations are expected to increase rapidly to the point that I just read a projection we could be at 150 million people vaccinated by the end of April. So if we need to double that number, might be late summer before we come close to the 300 million people number needed to have herd immunity.

https://www.studentnewsdaily.com/daily-news-article/johns-hopkins-professor-predicts-covid-will-be-mostly-gone-by-april/?fbclid=IwAR3wRbQVuGJkn41gQ08M2ygfjbDWHgShI0fgUndxiTARqvCGihHioq5RFJc#.YDP19o0fQt0.facebook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

The pandemic hasn't seemed to hurt a lot of teams. Liberty Media is just a **** ownership group and they know Braves fans will just be happy with meaningless division titles (and buy tickets) until they're not.

Who's all these teams spending like crazy? Only teams spending big money have been the Dodgers, Padres and Mets. What other teams have spent big money? I see the vast majority of teams cutting payroll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Who's all these teams spending like crazy? Only teams spending big money have been the Dodgers, Padres and Mets. What other teams have spent big money? I see the vast majority of teams cutting payroll.

That ain't enough? Liberty has made a massive profit off the Braves, 1 year didn't change that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Malachore said:

That ain't enough? Liberty has made a massive profit off the Braves, 1 year didn't change that.

The Braves aren't the only thing that Liberty owns that that they lost major revenue on though. Braves ain't never gonna be able to spend with the likes of the Dodgers or Mets. That's just the way it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The Braves aren't the only thing that Liberty owns that that they lost major revenue on though. Braves ain't never gonna be able to spend with the likes of the Dodgers or Mets. That's just the way it is.

John C Malone is worth around $20 billion. He ain’t hurting. He just doesn’t value the Braves like we do. Hopefully LM sells the Braves soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One note on the Spring games. Games before March 15 can be shortened to 5 innings if the managers agree. After that it can be shortened to 7 innings. Minor league players won't be at camp so you can't pull arms from them to finish out games. All you have is your camp pool which for the Braves is 65 deep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomlin is just now getting in and undergoing protocols. He lives in Texas and got hung up by the disaster there. His family had no power or running water like millions of others in the state. Tomlin said he texted AA and Kranitz and told them he couldn't leave his family behind until things got better. Of course everyone was rightfully on board with the decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

John C Malone is worth around $20 billion. He ain’t hurting. He just doesn’t value the Braves like we do. Hopefully LM sells the Braves soon.

I'm aware. Malone was listed as 2nd richest owner in baseball in the list I saw. But that still doesn't change the fact that the Braves will never have the revenue stream that the Dodgers and Mets have so they will never spend like they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm aware. Malone was listed as 2nd richest owner in baseball in the list I saw. But that still doesn't change the fact that the Braves will never have the revenue stream that the Dodgers and Mets have so they will never spend like they do.

I don't think anyone expects to spend like the Dodgers but being in the upper third of spending teams sure would be nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm aware. Malone was listed as 2nd richest owner in baseball in the list I saw. But that still doesn't change the fact that the Braves will never have the revenue stream that the Dodgers and Mets have so they will never spend like they do.

I know they won’t do that. Heck they don’t even need to. Just be top 8 and I will be happy with that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

I don't think anyone expects to spend like the Dodgers but being in the upper third of spending teams sure would be nice.

 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I know they won’t do that. Heck they don’t even need to. Just be top 8 and I will be happy with that

I'd love to see it but I don't ever see that happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...