2021 Braves Spring Training

Unknøwn

15 hours ago, Malachore said:

What makes you think this?

I'm still wondering where that money went that they offered Yates and Rosenthal.

Bullpen worries me too, still think Smyly ends up there if Wright and Wilson finally make that jump.

As Jidady said its all about revenue. That stream will return this year. We'll have 13,000 to 14,000 fans in Truist from day 1. Thats money being spent in the battery, concessions, merchandise and all that sort. Thats not maximum revenue but its a big boost from last year. By July we should be seeing a return to 30 to 40,000. They expect 100% capacity for the All Star game. That will also be revenue. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

As Jidady said its all about revenue. That stream will return this year. We'll have 13,000 to 14,000 fans in Truist from day 1. Thats money being spent in the battery, concessions, merchandise and all that sort. Thats not maximum revenue but its a big boost from last year. By July we should be seeing a return to 30 to 40,000. They expect 100% capacity for the All Star game. That will also be revenue. 

Let's hope Liberty sticks to their word.

6 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Might get higher attendance sooner rather than later if this is true.

Really interesting interview with new Braves pitching coach Dave French, mostly on how the team is integrating new data. Nate Jones credits the coaching staff with helping him understand what the analysis is telling him and helping him make adjustments. 

Braves signed Jeff Mathis to a minor league deal. Theres your emergency vet catcher. Mathis is also looking to transition into coaching as well so he may serve as a player/coach. 

Braves named former MLB player Michael Saunders as manager of the low-A Augusta GreenJackets. Saunders would have managed the Danville Braves last year for his managerial debut. 

39 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves signed Jeff Mathis to a minor league deal. Theres your emergency vet catcher. Mathis is also looking to transition into coaching as well so he may serve as a player/coach. 

Braves named former MLB player Michael Saunders as manager of the low-A Augusta GreenJackets. Saunders would have managed the Danville Braves last year for his managerial debut. 

For some reason I thought he was already coaching I can't remember the last time I saw him play lol

3 hours ago, jwickha2 said:

If MLB is not going to alternate, or even start in warmer climates, they need to even out over a decade or something. 

What that stat doesn't tell you is that in the 10 years prior the Braves opened at home 8 times. But MLB has gone overkill in the other direction.

Makes no sense to not play as many games as possible in warmer climates or domes. Downright ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What that stat doesn't tell you is that in the 10 years prior the Braves opened at home 8 times. But MLB has gone overkill in the other direction.

Makes no sense to not play as many games as possible in warmer climates or domes. Downright ridiculous.

I'm watching the CLE vs DET game and it's snowing where you almost can't see the ball.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, ATLFalcon36 said:

That's how I felt about Trevor Rosenthal and was bummed when we didn't get him, especially since interest was shown.

Rosenthal is continuing to have shoulder issues. He's opening the season on the IL because of it. Probably why the Braves shield away from him like they did Kirby Yates.