Jump to content

2021 Braves Spring Training


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Is that you Skip Bayless?

I don't disagree with him. It's a different time. I've been at home for 2 weeks or more with our kids about a dozen times since this whole thing has started since my wife works on a COVID unit and has to isolate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its finally here! Camp opens Thursday when pitchers and catchers report.

Snitker said Soroka was able to participate in drills today. He fielded comebacks, bunted and of course threw a side session. Fielding and running are his only remaining hurdles.

Nick Markakis has announced his retirement. Kakes said he knew after the NLCS that he would never play again. Just waited to announce his decision. Kakes had 2,971 ABs as a Brave. He hit .283/.357/.40

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I don't disagree with him. It's a different time. I've been at home for 2 weeks or more with our kids about a dozen times since this whole thing has started since my wife works on a COVID unit and has to isolate.

Have you gone 40 days without seeing your wife and new born babies?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Have you gone 40 days without seeing your wife and new born babies?

I literally just said my wife has had to go 2 weeks or more w/o seeing us about a dozen times.

And she ain't making millions in sunny FL. She's taking care of sick and dying people for about 1% of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I literally just said my wife has had to go 2 weeks or more w/o seeing us about a dozen times.

And she ain't making millions in sunny FL. She's taking care of sick and dying people for about 1% of that.

That doesn't mean you've gone 40 days without seeing her. I'm sure Freeman being away from his new born babies is harder than him being away from his wife.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Guess the Braves told him he wasn't going to make the team. I'm disappointed cause he was lights out this spring. I thought Webb getting optioned down was a good sign for Edwards. I mean, if you carry 8 bullpen arms,

  1. Will Smith
  2. Chris Martin
  3. A.J. Minter
  4. Tyler Matzek
  5. Josh Tomlin

Gotta believe those guys are locks, then that leaves 3 spots for the likes of Luke Jackson, Grant Dayton, Nate Jones, Sean Newcomb, Carl Edwards, Jacob Webb and Touki Toussaint. We know they sent out Webb. So cross him off. If they keep Dayton and Jackson (because they're out of options) instead of DFA'ing them and adding the likes of Nate Jones and Carl Edwards I'm gonna be pissed. There's absolutely no reason on this plant to keep Luke Jackson and Grant Dayton anywhere near this team.

Edwards walked 6 in 8.1 IP. Thats what killed him, Snitker biggest pet peeve is walks as it should be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That doesn't mean you've gone 40 days without seeing her. I'm sure Freeman being away from his new born babies is harder than him being away from his wife.

Military members do it all the time, heck I did several times when I served. Granted it sucked, but I didn’t whine about it and I was a kid in my 20’s. Look man to each his own as far as opinions go. No one can be right here. Freddie will snap out of it. We talking about practice anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Military members do it all the time, heck I did several times when I served. Granted it sucked, but I didn’t whine about it and I was a kid in my 20’s. Look man to each his own as far as opinions go. No one can be right here. Freddie will snap out of it. We talking about practice anyway. 

Thanks for your service,  my brother.  62d MXS here,  Air Force 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Thanks for your service,  my brother.  62d MXS here,  Air Force 

Likewise brother. USN 93’to ‘97. Westpac ‘94. 6 month deployment. Duty oiler countless times. Worth every second of my time even during the tough moments. My best friends to this day are not high school or college kids I knew and I had some good ones. It’s the men I served with. Friends/brothers for life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yeah, that's a whole different can of worms. Gonna suck if the Braves lose the ASG over political stuff. But there's precedence there. We saw the NBA move their ASG from North Carolina after the political junk there.

Well I plan on being there if it isn’t moved and going to a couple of events too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adrianza and Nate Jones were informed they made the team. Almonte and Wilson were sent to alternative camp and Touki went to the 60 day IL with a shoulder strain. Braves won't use a 5th starter until mid April. Snitker said April 7 will be a bullpen game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Adrianza and Nate Jones were informed they made the team. Almonte and Wilson were sent to alternative camp and Touki went to the 60 day IL with a shoulder strain. Braves won't use a 5th starter until mid April. Snitker said April 7 will be a bullpen game 

Not surprised about Adrianza - he has been knocking the cover off the ball.

As for Touki - that's a bummer due to some early reports of him adjusting his delivery and mental state to produce better results. This is a HUGE year...probably a make-or-break year for him.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Braves also released Jake Lamb. Theyre in position to pick up a bench bat or two that is released by another team. Today is the deadline to inform the fringe guys if they've made the team per MLB rules. 

AA 🤡🤡🤡

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...