2021 Braves Spring Training

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its finally here! Camp opens Thursday when pitchers and catchers report.

Snitker said Soroka was able to participate in drills today. He fielded comebacks, bunted and of course threw a side session. Fielding and running are his only remaining hurdles.

Nick Markakis has announced his retirement. Kakes said he knew after the NLCS that he would never play again. Just waited to announce his decision. Kakes had 2,971 ABs as a Brave. He hit .283/.357/.40

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Then I'll don't get it, I know everyone is different and I'm sure I'll catch crap but fella needs to get it together.

Doesn't bode well for road trips if he can't get his head on straight. Everyone reacts differently to stuff like this and it's a lot of stress but it's his job and he's gotta get on with it.

The Braves are streaming the feed for free on braves.com, FYI.

Drew Smyly looked fantastic today. Pretty much had his way with the Rays using just FB and curve, then started throwing the cutter in the 5th and got more awkward swings.

4 minutes ago, K26dp said:

The Braves are streaming the feed for free on braves.com, FYI.

Drew Smyly looked fantastic today. Pretty much had his way with the Rays using just FB and curve, then started throwing the cutter in the 5th and got more awkward swings.

Tomorrow’s game is on FSSO and MLB.TV will show the rest of the spring games for free 

4 hours ago, brdu4 said:

Carl Edwards Jr opted out of the minors contract and is a FA now. 

Guess the Braves told him he wasn't going to make the team. I'm disappointed cause he was lights out this spring. I thought Webb getting optioned down was a good sign for Edwards. I mean, if you carry 8 bullpen arms,

1. Will Smith
  2. Chris Martin
  3. A.J. Minter
  4. Tyler Matzek
  5. Josh Tomlin

Gotta believe those guys are locks, then that leaves 3 spots for the likes of Luke Jackson, Grant Dayton, Nate Jones, Sean Newcomb, Carl Edwards, Jacob Webb and Touki Toussaint. We know they sent out Webb. So cross him off. If they keep Dayton and Jackson (because they're out of options) instead of DFA'ing them and adding the likes of Nate Jones and Carl Edwards I'm gonna be pissed. There's absolutely no reason on this plant to keep Luke Jackson and Grant Dayton anywhere near this team.