2021 Braves Spring Training

15 hours ago, Malachore said:

Not forgetting about him, expected more out of him in ST this year with hopes of being a regular by next season but with Harris I'm not sure now.

Oblique injury. Hopefully healed up by the time minor leagues open. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its finally here! Camp opens Thursday when pitchers and catchers report.

Snitker said Soroka was able to participate in drills today. He fielded comebacks, bunted and of course threw a side session. Fielding and running are his only remaining hurdles.

Nick Markakis has announced his retirement. Kakes said he knew after the NLCS that he would never play again. Just waited to announce his decision. Kakes had 2,971 ABs as a Brave. He hit .283/.357/.40

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

People are ready to forget Waters. I think it'll be good for him. He knows he's not the poster boy right now. Should be a motivating force for him. I still like Waters more than Pache.

It could be. I think Chipper working even more with him will do good also. He as Chipper seem to have a similar outlook of themselves. Chipper was always cocky and I see that in Drew. It is not a problem when you play right and back it up.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

That is a stupid high bar though.

Vlad was on another level.

Eh... there are a number of outfielders that had cannons out there throughout the years. Clemente, Francouer, Mondesi, Edmonds, Guillen, Jackson, etc.

39 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Eh... there are a number of outfielders that had cannons out there throughout the years. Clemente, Francouer, Mondesi, Edmonds, Guillen, Jackson, etc.

Did you already forget the throw Pache made last year? Forget who it was against but he was nearly on the warning track in LF and the throw made it home on the fly and a pretty fast runner was safe by only half a step on a tag up.

11 hours ago, Ransack said:

Statcast measured a throw he made in the playoffs against LA at 99mph off flatground. Pache has an absolute elite arm. 

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

No way Jake Lamb should make this club out of Spring Training.  He's awful.   Can he be sent to Gwinnett?

LOL he must have heard me today.  2 hits incl a homer.  Made another error though 

4 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Well we don’t know if that offer went out before or after those guys were signed.

Still not so certain because AA mentioned Charlie and Drew as 2 guys he had circled before FA began. Can only suspect he was signing them anyways.

Guess we'll never know.

59 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Still not so certain because AA mentioned Charlie and Drew as 2 guys he had circled before FA began. Can only suspect he was signing them anyways.

Guess we'll never know.

Could be Ozuna’s money? I don’t know. We don’t know the Braves budget and how much they’ve got left.

Webb and Wright were sent to the alternative camp. Anthopolous had hinted Webb might be unlucky. He deserves a spot but has options. Braves are opting to keep him at AAA for now in order to have that depth instead of releasing someone else. As far as Wright going down this probably means Bryse Wilson has won the temporary spot vacated by Soroka. 

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Webb and Wright were sent to the alternative camp. Anthopolous had hinted Webb might be unlucky. He deserves a spot but has options. Braves are opting to keep him at AAA for now in order to have that depth instead of releasing someone else. As far as Wright going down this probably means Bryse Wilson has won the temporary spot vacated by Soroka. 

Webb is definitely unlucky. He's done nothing wrong but this is a case of the numbers game getting him sent out. I feel bad for the kid and its a good problem to have. With how well non-roster guys like Nate Jones and Carl Edwards are throwing you gotta do this to keep yourself loaded up with the proper depth.

As for Wright, it's disappointing but Wilson has been absolutely killer this spring and has earned the job. Ynoa has been extremely unlucky. He's pitched much better than his ERA suggests.