2021 Braves Spring Training

Unknøwn

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Touki said he made some mechanical and mental adjustments over the winter. Hes definitely looked much better so far.

The one time I saw him last Friday against the Twins he threw 3 shutout innings. He looked really sharp.

Braves signed RP Chasen Bradford to a minor league deal. Bradford missed 2020 recovering from TJ. He started his career in 2017 with the Mets. He posted a 3.74 in 28 games. He then went to Seattle in 2018 and 19. He had his best year in 2018 when he posted a 3.69 ERA in 46 games. Provides some more bullpen depth at AAA.

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The one time I saw him last Friday against the Twins he threw 3 shutout innings. He looked really sharp.

He looks very comfortable on the mound. Not so jumpy, doesn't seem like he's trying to make a perfect pitch every time. 

2 hours ago, Malachore said:

How has Smyly looked so far this spring? I can't watch anything and just looking at the box score means nothing right now. 

Very good. His second start had bad results, but his curveball looks great. I saw an interview with AA and he was asked which player on the team are sleepers for big years. He mentioned Smyly and Riley.

13 hours ago, K26dp said:

Very good. His second start had bad results, but his curveball looks great. I saw an interview with AA and he was asked which player on the team are sleepers for big years. He mentioned Smyly and Riley.

I hope its true about Riley, but I am not so sure. I would like to see more consistency out of him.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Is there any chance whatsoever that Harris makes this team over Pache?

Not yet. Hes an elite talent but we can't forget he has 53 games above high school. I think they'll want him to go get some ABs in AA I would assume this year. Probably have him adjust to LF there in preparation to replace Ozuna next year. 

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

Is there any chance whatsoever that Harris makes this team over Pache?

Nope. 

14 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Not yet. Hes an elite talent but we can't forget he has 53 games above high school. I think they'll want him to go get some ABs in AA I would assume this year. Probably have him adjust to LF there in preparation to replace Ozuna next year. 

I love what Harris has shown. But I think people are overlooking Drew Waters now.

2 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I love what Harris has shown. But I think people are overlooking Drew Waters now.

Not forgetting about him, expected more out of him in ST this year with hopes of being a regular by next season but with Harris I'm not sure now.

Just now, Unknøwn said:

People are ready to forget Waters. I think it'll be good for him. He knows he's not the poster boy right now. Should be a motivating force for him. I still like Waters more than Pache.

Same here just wondering how they will handle having 3 top prospects that can only play OF, there's an odd man out and I hope AA doesn't wait too long to decided on trading one like he's done with some arms.

How bad of a manager was Fredi Gonzalez? Bad enough that he had Freddie Freeman hitting 8th for his first ever opening day in 2011. Some of the names in the lineup ahead of Freddie? Nate McLouth, Dan Uggla and Alex Gonzalez. Ugh!!!