2021 Braves Spring Training

11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Disappointed to see Ball on that list but with Sandoval apparently having a good spring it makes sense I guess.

Ball has played only 62 games of minor league ball. He was never going to make the team. And I don't think Sandoval will either.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its finally here! Camp opens Thursday when pitchers and catchers report.

Snitker said Soroka was able to participate in drills today. He fielded comebacks, bunted and of course threw a side session. Fielding and running are his only remaining hurdles.

Nick Markakis has announced his retirement. Kakes said he knew after the NLCS that he would never play again. Just waited to announce his decision. Kakes had 2,971 ABs as a Brave. He hit .283/.357/.40

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Ball has played only 62 games of minor league ball. He was never going to make the team. And I don't think Sandoval will either.

Wasn't aware Ball has so little experience. That makes sense. So Jake Lamb is a lock to make the team as the backup 1B/3B?

43 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Man I hope it's Contreras over Jackson, I just don't see how he offers anything better.

He can't hit and he doesn't seem that good behind the plate when you factor in Contreras's arm.

Jackson is better behind the plate right now. He has a good arm and is a better blocker and game caller. Contreras will get there... I'm a big Contreras guy... but unless they plan on making the catcher split at least 50/50, then I think they take AJax. They wouldn't have Contreras only start one or two games a week. 

59 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wasn't aware Ball has so little experience. That makes sense. So Jake Lamb is a lock to make the team as the backup 1B/3B?

Maybe not a lock anymore, but I think Lamb gets in there. My guess for bench right now is AJax, Lamb, Adrianza, Ervin, and either Camargo or Kipnis.

11 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Kazmar is absolutely drilling the ball.  I could see him being the 26th man for a little bit if nobody else steps up. Can play pretty much anywhere in the infield.

That would actually be pretty cool to see. His only MLB experience came in 2008 with the Padres. To get rewarded for sticking it out at Triple-A as long as he has would be awesome.

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Kazmar is absolutely drilling the ball.  I could see him being the 26th man for a little bit if nobody else steps up. Can play pretty much anywhere in the infield.

I don't see it, but it would be fun. But if wasn't an option every September from 2014-2019, I don't think he's an Opening Day option in 2021.

20 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Say what?

Someone mentioned it on Twitter but it was just another fan. Didn't see it from a reputable source which is why I said "apparently." So proof if it actually happened or not. But if true it's high praise from someone who doesn't give praise willingly that's undeserved.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Someone mentioned it on Twitter but it was just another fan. Didn't see it from a reputable source which is why I said "apparently." So proof if it actually happened or not. But if true it's high praise from someone who doesn't give praise willingly that's undeserved.

I know Snitker compared him to Acuna. They paired Grissom with him a lot in camp. Grissom compared him to Chipper.  

This doesn't sound good.  It sounds like Riley either 1) violated Covid protocol and is now isolated from the team or 2) got some bad results from a PEDs test and is being re-tested.  He hasn't appeared in a game since 3/11, although he did get some at bats in a simulated game.
Edited by The Kingfish
2 hours ago, The Kingfish said:

This doesn't sound good.  It sounds like Riley either 1) violated Covid protocol and is now isolated from the team or 2) got some bad results from a PEDs test and is being re-tested.  He hasn't appeared in a game since 3/11, although he did get some at bats in a simulated game.

It was COVID related but he's passed protocols and is going to be in the lineup.

Really hoping Wright can be that dude for us too. I've been encouraged so far this spring and was encouraged at the end of last year. 

Fried, Soroka, Anderson and Morton is a solid top 4, but if we can get Wright (or even Smyly) to be a solid number 5 for us, I'll be happy. No matter what happens, I hope both are ready to go