• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Gabriel, but I would need to hear the rationale behind bringing him back.    On the surface-level, this wouldnt make too much sense w/ Gage's emergence.

I would take him I think.  One area I hope we can make a serious upgrade in is our kick and punt return game.  I cant remember the last time we have had a return that flipped field position for us in

I was going to ask what Im doing and if Im still alive in 2026 ..but then I realized you must have meant 2016.... 😂

51 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Tbh this makes me miss Lolo's blocking more than anything. Dude was a clamp out there.

Why'd we let him go anyways? Cap casualty? Great blocking TE. Remember that one game he had to cover tackle? Also loved it when Shanahan designed a few deep plays for him 

Falcons twitter eating it up. I wonder if there's any other fanbase that's in love with former players the way ours is. Him, Sanu, Poole etc. Taylor last played with us 4 years ago. That's a LONG time in NFL years, especially after taking a season off after being sidelined with concussion issues.

Personally, I want the team to just move on and find talent. He and Sanu filled up their IG pages with their drop tops in Miami after that SB loss. Just flaunting like they won something. I don't want that associated with the team anymore. If I suffered an embarrassing loss like that I'd be on a field in Montana somewhere doing my part to make sure it never happened again and would be far away from social media.

One thing about watching Brady win is that he demands excellence. We just lack(ed) that type of leadership here at both coach and QB and i just don't want any more lax personalities who don't believe winning is paramount. 

11 hours ago, atljbo said:

I hope this is true man.... It gives us our speed depth at WR and the Returner we have needed badly

11 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Ohhh snap. That's cryptic, and sure makes me wonder.

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

I like Gabriel, but I would need to hear the rationale behind bringing him back. 

On the surface-level, this wouldnt make too much sense w/ Gage's emergence.

11 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I mean I wouldn't cry about it, but do we need him with Zaccheus? Granted, he is probably an upgrade just because he's been in the league longer and has more experience but they are similar players. 

11 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

speed kills baby!

but does anyone know what he was up to last year?

11 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

True...but probably wouldn't cost much

11 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I would take him I think.  One area I hope we can make a serious upgrade in is our kick and punt return game.  I cant remember the last time we have had a return that flipped field position for us in our favor.

Gabriel was a weapon.   Made some tough catches, if he is still capable.... sign him up.

Here is an exerpt from an article at the Falcoholic:

UPDATE: Taylor Gabriel

I didn’t even register that Gabriel was a free agent when I made this list, or the former Falcon and Bear would’ve wound up here as a potential signing given his connections to Atlanta players and coaches both old and new. It turns out that’s because he wasn’t appearing on Spotrac’s list of 2021 free agent receivers because he was released by Chicago ahead of the 2020 season and opted out due to COVID-19 concerns, despite reportedly getting offers from teams.

Gabriel’s experience with Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, wide receivers coach Dave Brock and new offensive coordinator Dave Ragone means he’ll probably at least pique the team’s interest. Gabriel caught 29 balls for 353 yards and 4 touchdowns in 2019 and remains a useful player, but he enjoyed his most eye-popping campaign (35 grabs, 579 yards, 6 touchdowns) under Kyle Shanahan in 2016. Arthur Smith can certainly find snaps for him in an offense with some real similarities given his speed, which was so lethal for that juggernaut Falcons offense under Shanny.

But it’s also worth noting that Gabriel seems pretty confident he’s going to land back in Atlanta, which means he’d belong on the list even if he didn’t have that track record.

Edited by egoprime II
13 hours ago, Snafu said:

I like Gabriel, but I would need to hear the rationale behind bringing him back. 

On the surface-level, this wouldnt make too much sense w/ Gage's emergence.

I would compare Gab more to Zac than 12 Gage. 

But having another experienced speed guy doesn’t hurt, that’s how KC beat up on a lot of teams by just having too much of something to match up with. 

Which actually is what it sounded like Fonte was saying to me so I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Looking at our roster, wr is the last place this team needs to spend FA dollars. If Gabriel comes so cheap he doesn’t count against the cap, sure, but doubt that’s the case. This team has Jones, Ridley, Gage, OZ at WR...can’t see throwing valuable cap space at Gabriel.

he is battling w Oz at best. His best season under Shanny was still a lot less yards than Gages season in 2020...though he did have a couple more TDs.

I get the wanting a returner part. The one thing that no one seems to have mentioned is that you don't need 1,000 wide receivers in Brown's system. For what he brings and would produce, you can get the same from Zacc and Blake. The only thing he provides is competition but he wouldn't be a guaranteed lock unless they just truly want a veteran or use him as the primary returner. 

14 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I would take him I think.  One area I hope we can make a serious upgrade in is our kick and punt return game.  I cant remember the last time we have had a return that flipped field position for us in our favor.

Panthers Game, Week 11 last year (I think). Unless you count the one vs SF

Edited by irrevelantfalconsfan
53 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get the wanting a returner part. The one thing that no one seems to have mentioned is that you don't need 1,000 wide receivers in Brown's system. For what he brings and would produce, you can get the same from Zacc and Blake. The only thing he provides is competition but he wouldn't be a guaranteed lock unless they just truly want a veteran or use him as the primary returner. 

Gabriel is a better route runner than both of them. 

Just now, NWFALCON said:

Gabriel is a better route runner than both of them. 

How sure are you about that?? His last season as a Falcon he struggled mightily to get open. If I'm not mistaken, most of his production that first season in Chicago came from slants and go's. Again, in Brown's system, you don't need 1000 receivers. At this point Gabriel literally brings no more to the offense that Zacc and Blake. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

How sure are you about that?? His last season as a Falcon he struggled mightily to get open. If I'm not mistaken, most of his production that first season in Chicago came from slants and go's. Again, in Brown's system, you don't need 1000 receivers. At this point Gabriel literally brings no more to the offense that Zacc and Blake. 

Just depth.

I am neither in favor or opposed to this move(at this point).

I do like the idea of adding more speed to an already athletic group to make them less defendable though, but not sure this is the guy either as like you stated, he struggled with getting open when he was here last.(maybe he got better? :shrug:)

yall keep bringing up money like his contract isnt going to be the vet min or close to it.

Im shocked ppl are not paying attention to the Return Factor,.... This is one of our biggest needs... Our Return game was horrible... Im hoping Rowland get a shot if this doesnt happen or we need to bring somebody in