• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If people chose to defend Vic after his fluke 16 sack season, Kazee should get that same energy 

Yep   Also even when Kazee had those 7 ints in 2018, he still was blowing coverages often and was a liability.

1 Rolland Lawrence 1973 1980 118 LCB 79 39 658 1 87    

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I like Kazee a lot. The talent is there but he is just so **** raw and undisciplined. Peas might be able to get something out of him. Let’s bring him back on a year deal. He provides depth and solid STs play if nothing else

Agree.  That's pretty much what I said..

Just not so articulate ..lol

11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I’d try to keep Keana Neal unless he demands something big. He’s still young and could have his best years ahead of him. Dude started showing his true form again in the last half of the season. He brings so much physicality to the defense and can cover as well. 

I don’t see him being able to Demand to terribly much. However, what he does want “maybe” more than we want to pay. 

With that said, I would attempt to resign him if only to fill the hole for now instead of having to spots at safety open.

4 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

The only good thing he does is hit and he keeps injuring himself doing it. Not really sure what people like about him other than the 10 good plays he's had over the last three years.

LOL yeah but that’s 6 or 7 more good plays than the rest of our secondary has made during that time😂

On 2/14/2021 at 8:17 AM, Atl Falcon said:

I’d try to keep Keana Neal unless he demands something big. He’s still young and could have his best years ahead of him. Dude started showing his true form again in the last half of the season. He brings so much physicality to the defense and can cover as well. 

Dan Quinn is the DC in Dallas and they have cap space.

Resigning Neal is going to be a little more expensive than you think.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Dan Quinn is the DC in Dallas and they have cap space.

Resigning Neal is going to be a little more expensive than you think.

Yeah Neal proved himself but I would be careful giving him anything long term. There's still some concern lingering. But he bounced back in a major way

Just so everyone understands the situation

Ricardo Allen and Jaylinn Hawkins are the safties.

Neal, Neasman, and Kazee are all unrestricted free agents....and the Falcons are maybe 31 million over the cap.... based on a 185 million cap I believe.

And Allen is probably going to be a cap casualty.

On 2/14/2021 at 9:54 AM, FalconofShadows said:

What is everyone thinking when it comes to Kazee? I know everyone was done with him as a cover 3/ single high deep safety. But with Dean Pees who implements more of a cover 2 scheme does anyone think they bring him back to compete to start. Instead of him having to cover the whole field it will be half of it. It may be a better role for him. Thoughts?

I am open to ideas such as this.  I too,  have always appreciated his undeniable ability to take the ball away.  His college days were nothing short of spectacular & he's shown the very same abilities for our team from the moment he arrived.  Preseason & regular season.  He has this knack for finding the pick man.  Some guys are ball magnets for whatever reason & he's one of em.  

Whatever they do, I will be ok with it, but I admit I have a soft spot for DK (don't ever confuse this for dirk koetter!).

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Neal, Neasman, and Kazee are all unrestricted free agents....and the Falcons are maybe 31 million over the cap.... based on a 185 million cap I believe.

Allen's admirable qualities as a man & a leader will always be appreciated, but his play has never been a strong point on the back of our D.  He's had his moments, but it's long past due to see his exit imho.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, falcons007 said:

Vic was effective in fluke season. Kazee was atrocious in 2018, blowing up coverages and missed tackles. Kazee was the golden boy here but gave up big plays and that 90+ Nick Chubb TD with Kazee only guy in a position to make tackle and missed it with Ankle grab. 

Yeah, he was vastly overrated. Our defense took a major step back when he was on the field due to poor tackling and coverage breakdowns. He would make the occasional big play but those were typically off of tipped balls or bad throws. He rarely was taking the ball away from the other team. No reason to bring him back.

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

People forget you still have to Pay rookies. Cutting your whole FA list doesn’t always mean reducing the cap. Some players can be resigned on cheap deals. Kazee is s good backup to have who could turn into a starter with better coaching if the draft doesn’t net us who we like. Allen is the easiest cap casualty we have as I see it (beside the oline man)

1 hour ago, primetime said:

People forget you still have to Pay rookies. Cutting your whole FA list doesn’t always mean reducing the cap. Some players can be resigned on cheap deals. Kazee is s good backup to have who could turn into a starter with better coaching if the draft doesn’t net us who we like. Allen is the easiest cap casualty we have as I see it (beside the oline man)

They're not cut.

They're unrestricted free agents that need to be resigned. They've hit the open market.

Sure they could be re-signed but that's hard to do with zero cap space and until they announce what the cap is going to be the Falcons don't even know what moves they have to make just to get under the salary cap.... let alone sign free agents.

And now with Quinn in Dallas and Morris with the Jets there may be demand for their services from other teams.  That will drive their prices up and like I've said the Falcons don't even know how much they can spend yet.