Falcons Expected To Target Dupree

13 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

I think Fields and Wilson is split. The Georgia fans love Fields. I am on the Wilson train myself since I watched his tape in December. But it's to be expected especially this year when almost everyone wants a QB. People will pick there favorites

Hardly. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says it’s from a suspended account. 

Dupree was no one until he benefitted playing opposite of when Watt started going off, similar to how Fowler did nothing until playing on a line where they triple teamed Donald.  I’ll pass, although i

Maybe he's so right that the NFL freaked and blocked his account.... Like he's the Edward Snowden of the NFL

11 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

I think Fields and Wilson is split. The Georgia fans love Fields. I am on the Wilson train myself since I watched his tape in December. But it's to be expected especially this year when almost everyone wants a QB. People will pick there favorites

I'm a UGA fan. I'm rarely ever big on taking UGA players. Usually, I hate it.

I wouldn't be opposed to Fields if he's their guy, but I wouldn't jump and shout if we picked him (UGA fan or not). The only UGA player I've ever wanted was Herschel Walker. 😅😅 And that kicker they had way back in the day that won the championship. 

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd rather go safety in FA. We have big bucks paid out across the board on defense except in the secondary where we have spent nothing

Me too. Id love it of we got Marcus Maye and Desmond King in FA. Neither should break the bank. And we fill 3 needs in 2 players. CB/NB with King and Safety with Maye🤷🏿‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Rings said:

Every year during the off-season there are those names one person likes and everyone jumps on screaming for them after watching a highlight reel.  Last year was Kinlaw and Chaison, this year is Fields and Harris.  Like clockwork.

Yes, I was on the Chaisson bandwagon. I may have been holding the reigns of the mules, but I can't remember now. For my fellow die-hard Chaissoneirs, K'Lavon had 12(!) Solo Tackles in his first year with the Jaguars! And, One (1) Sack!! Whoa. The dude is lighting it up!! 😬😟

51 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

Feel like it's way more noise for Wilson than Fields here, then follow that up with Sewell. 

Feel like its shifted a bunch, right after the semifinals it was all about Fields and then after the national championship game it was nonstop for Harris.

17 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yes, I was on the Chaisson bandwagon. I may have been holding the reigns of the mules, but I can't remember now. For my fellow die-hard Chaissoneirs, K'Lavon had 12(!) Solo Tackles in his first year with the Jaguars! And, One (1) Sack!! Whoa. The dude is lighting it up!! 😬😟

It happens.  You weren’t the only one.  I wasn’t a fan mainly because of his arm length, a lot harder to shed blocks from long tackles in the NFL than college.

PFF’s 103rd/108th EDGE - 49.6 grade.

Draft is a crap shoot, happens every year.  Why I stopped getting over hyped on players, I was wrong more often than not haha.

29 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

I thought everyone was clambering for Surtain in here like he is the missing link.

Corners are so hard to project I feel.  Okudah was a much better prospect coming out than Surtain and had a horrible rookie campaign.  How much of that is a bad Lions coaching staff and scheme is yet to be determined.  I guess we will have to wait and see if he eats some knee caps this year to know for sure.

Just now, Rings said:

It happens.  You weren’t the only one.  I wasn’t a fan mainly because of his arm length, a lot harder to shed blocks from long tackles in the NFL than college.

PFF’s 103rd/108th EDGE - 49.6 grade.

Draft is a crap shoot, happens every year.  Why I stopped getting over hyped on players, I was wrong more often than not haha.

You don't get hyped over players any more? You're one of those guys who discovered you have a real life outside of TATF and preseason player lust? Ban! Oh, wait, you're a mod! NVM!! 😁

31 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I'm a UGA fan. I'm rarely ever big on taking UGA players. Usually, I hate it.

I wouldn't be opposed to Fields if he's their guy, but I wouldn't jump and shout if we picked him (UGA fan or not). The only UGA player I've ever wanted was Herschel Walker. 😅😅 And that kicker they had way back in the day that won the championship. 

With the players that Kirby has recruited and the scheme, I think that narrative is about to change. Tennessee drafts or has drafted alot of UGA players throughout the years. Especially since Smith has been there(Wilson,Ben Jones) 

4 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

You don't get hyped over players any more? You're one of those guys who discovered you have a real life outside of TATF and preseason player lust? Ban! Oh, wait, you're a mod! NVM!! 😁

Hahaha!  I still have my guys that I like, but I don’t get over confident in them.  I know there is no such thing as a sure thing, all about playing the odds.  Which is why I hope we trade down, multiple times if I had my way lol!

Just now, lju713 said:

With the players that Kirby has recruited and the scheme, I think that narrative is about to change. Tennessee drafts or has drafted alot of UGA players throughout the years. Especially since Smith has been there(Wilson,Ben Jones) 

Yeah I'm not saying any are bad. I usually just end up valuing someone else higher at that spot.

But yes, with their draft classes being in the top 3 the last few years, it could change.

Just now, Rings said:

Hahaha!  I still have my guys that I like, but I don’t get over confident in them.  I know there is no such thing as a sure thing, all about playing the odds.  Which is why I hope we trade down, multiple times if I had my way lol!

Agree on all points. Everybody knows I'm not a trader-downer, but when I start looking at some of the guys we could get if we did trade down, I'm like, "holeee sheeeeeiiiitttt!!" We are in a great situation. We literally can't screw this up!

*fingers crossed.  :ninja:

5 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Ahh Bud Dupree, I remember him being killed around here because his name came up with Beasley's  #8 in the 2015 draft. Then he could not hold Beasley's jock, nor could he for the the next 3-4 years, and now he is the "answer" to the pass rush...

Makes perfect sense.

those things are all true but Bud did improve a ton a few years ago

12 hours ago, Rings said:

Dupree was no one until he benefitted playing opposite of when Watt started going off, similar to how Fowler did nothing until playing on a line where they triple teamed Donald.  I’ll pass, although it would be very fitting to keep making the same mistake paying the wrong guy from a good defensive line.  Ray Edwards, Umenyiora, Fowler,  Dupree...

Right so did Cam Heyward.. So You pair bud with DF ,Grady ,Marlon... I think Grady could play Nose if we get another long end like Marlon Possibly a Rousseau..if not Grady and Marlon are ends and we go get a McNeil or Twyman possibly a Jurell Casey to play Nose

5 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I think Fields and Wilson is split. The Georgia fans love Fields. I am on the Wilson train myself since I watched his tape in December. But it's to be expected especially this year when almost everyone wants a QB. People will pick there favorites

I'm a GA fan, and I don't want either of them anywhere around the falcons

:tiphat: