Which DL do you think better defensive coaching and scheming could help break out?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One hopes he gets something out of Fowler.

Jaylin Hawkins looked good in limited snaps. I think Mychal Walker could be a movable piece on the edge. 

We deserve to know what happened to Senat

2 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Why?

I assume he’s the super hero cartoon guy who only thinks all pro players making whizz bang rock’em sock’em shazaaam plays several times a game have any value. 

So to him, any of the 4 DL I mentioned in OP making 4,5 or 6 sacks and some TFLs while spelling our starters like Grady has no value to him. He’s clueless how important these depth players can be to putting together a stud defense. 

11 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I assume he’s the super hero cartoon guy who only thinks all pro players making whizz bang rock’em sock’em shazaaam plays several times a game have any value. 

So to him, any of the 4 DL I mentioned in OP making 4,5 or 6 sacks and some TFLs while spelling our starters like Grady has no value to him. He’s clueless how important these depth players can be to putting together a stud defense. 

A team without depth, and quality at that, is a piece of cardboard with the word "team" written on it.  How many teams have we seen decimated by injuries and still kick ***?  Green Bay is the text book example.  Run a program and process you like, fill it with players who are in alignment to that system and then keep going.  

4 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Falcons lack depth, and starters, everywhere.   Which is why our coaches need to stop relying on vets so much to be backups.  Bring in some UDFA's who will be around awhile.   Coach 'em up.

Having -some- vets is good, but we have been having way too many.

Top heavy 

Falcons are a pyramid scheme based.

Will never succeed in my opinion with this approach.

Terry and Arthur have said all the right things. Now let's see if they can execute. 

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Top heavy 

Falcons are a pyramid scheme based.

Will never succeed in my opinion with this approach.

Terry and Arthur have said all the right things. Now let's see if they can execute. 

Well.... the Falcons being top heavy is true, and its going to -stay- true because some positions in the NFL demand more money than others.  There is a premium on elite QBs, LTs, CBs, and Pass Rushers.  C, WR, DT and S or all purpose LB is next.  The good teams fill these positions thru the draft or with UDFAs, then develop those players.  When teams turn to FA to fill those spots, it gets very very expensive.

The problem for the Falcons has been that TD and DQ have not only paid a lot of money and draft capital to fill those premium positions..... the players they have drafted and FAs they have paid, have too often been failures.

Good teams find and develop players at the other non-premium positions.   The Falcons get desperate when they need players and overpay.  Look at what the Falcons had to do, to find players at the OG position.   Two high priced FAs plus a 1st round pick.   Brown busted, Carpenter is barely average.   

I’ve got no problem being a top heavy roster at all.

The guys who are top heavy are potential HOFers in 3 of them and we’ve drafted and developed and built the team around them.

The issue comes with results and what we are redrafting and using the cap dollars we have left with is thee issue.Getting the right guys.

I bet if we were winning those complaining about being top heavy wouldn’t give a ****.For me it’s talking out the side of your mouth wanting it both ways.

If we went to FA and had money and paid big $$$$$ but drafted poorly the ground moves.For me draft develop pay is the way to go in this league.

6 hours ago, egoprime II said:

Well.... the Falcons being top heavy is true, and its going to -stay- true because some positions in the NFL demand more money than others.  There is a premium on elite QBs, LTs, CBs, and Pass Rushers.  C, WR, DT and S or all purpose LB is next.  The good teams fill these positions thru the draft or with UDFAs, then develop those players.  When teams turn to FA to fill those spots, it gets very very expensive.

The problem for the Falcons has been that TD and DQ have not only paid a lot of money and draft capital to fill those premium positions..... the players they have drafted and FAs they have paid, have too often been failures.

Good teams find and develop players at the other non-premium positions.   The Falcons get desperate when they need players and overpay.  Look at what the Falcons had to do, to find players at the OG position.   Two high priced FAs plus a 1st round pick.   Brown busted, Carpenter is barely average.   

It all started with Beasley and Freeman.

They still kept playing them inspite of their consistent dip in production and lack of commitment.

Thats sets a wrong tone to others who are performing and are undervalued.

Above all, it doesn't entice anyone in free agency to come to a team who have accepted "mediocrity"

This is an onus on ex GM DIMITROFF AND ex coach Dan Quinn.

Just failed on player development and gave special treatments to sacred cows year after year.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

It all started with Beasley and Freeman.

They still kept playing them inspite of their consistent dip in production and lack of commitment.

Thats sets a wrong tone to others who are performing and are undervalued.

Above all, it doesn't entice anyone in free agency to come to a team who have accepted "mediocrity"

This is an onus on ex GM DIMITROFF AND ex coach Dan Quinn.

Just failed on player development and gave special treatments to sacred cows year after year.

But what about the **** coaching they received along the way.

This isn’t just a one way street.Freeman also was injured in that time much like Trufant earlier.

Beasley was a mistake but that’s not on the GM that was on a coach who put his name on him.

The GM for me got dragged down by being guilty by association and made some poor off season decisions himself which basically sealed his fate.

My biggest problem with this argument is ots really got nothing to do with the above mentioned.If this team had continued to win and had that chip in 2016 this isn’t a discussion no one would give a ****.Top heavy CAP overpaying it would mean absolutely nothing.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:14 PM, kiwifalcon said:

But what about the **** coaching they received along the way.

This isn’t just a one way street.Freeman also was injured in that time much like Trufant earlier.

Beasley was a mistake but that’s not on the GM that was on a coach who put his name on him.

The GM for me got dragged down by being guilty by association and made some poor off season decisions himself which basically sealed his fate.

My biggest problem with this argument is ots really got nothing to do with the above mentioned.If this team had continued to win and had that chip in 2016 this isn’t a discussion no one would give a ****.Top heavy CAP overpaying it would mean absolutely nothing.

Point is the leadership made lot of bad decisions right after supebowl meltdown. 

And in the end, onus is on Mr.Blank as well.

He has to set the right culture and hire people who have WIN NOW MODE mindset.