How would you feel if the Falcons drafted Mac Jones?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a Jones fan as well and a perfect QB to sit under Matt.  

He passes the eye test, but this article scares me https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-mac-jones-despite-gaudy-statistics-at-alabama-lacks-in-key-areas-as

I wouldn't hate actually having him on the team, but I've started coming around to trading down for anything including a 1st next year and picking up someone like Mond or Ehlinger later in the draft t

Naaahh. We've got a lot of holes to fill, and despite anyone around here's opinions, we have publicly stated that we're rolling with Matt.

We HAVE to spend a good pick on a RB, we need another guard, but that can be fixed in free agency, and who even knows what Pees will like about our D. We could spend several picks just on D.

I think our best bet would be to wait for the right guy to drop and grab and develop. Whether that is this year or in two years, I don't know.

I personally don't think that now is the time.

19 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Should have kept Dan Reeves for Vick.

The problem with Coach Dan Reeves, was the Falcons GM at the time.... who was also, Dan Reeves.  We can thank Taylor Smith for giving Reeves too much say in the Falcons' organization.   Reeves had -all- the power, by contract.  The lack of talent on the Texans right now?  That was the Falcons after years of Reeves' drafts and trades.

Blank saw this, he had no choice but to let Reeves go.

Again, I watched every game. Hes a perfect way to understand how QBs are being pushed up this year. Hes a strong competitor, but understand the weapons he had. Strong pass, hes a 4th or 5th rounder in a 2nd round situation. Even the top guys are in that unenviable position. Jamie Newman in the 4th if available. If not, roll with what we have or sign one.

1 hour ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

If we trade out of four then use the extra second round pick we would get im fine with drafting him . You need a quality backup in case Mr Ryan gets injured.

Ryan has missed three games out of 208.  205/208 he has started in his career.  If you take him as a future starter, that’s one thing.  If you are drafting a backup in the second on the 1.4% chance he will play, that’s an issue.  

1 hour ago, Rings said:

Ryan has missed three games out of 208.  205/208 he has started in his career.  If you take him as a future starter, that’s one thing.  If you are drafting a backup in the second on the 1.4% chance he will play, that’s an issue.  

I don't wholly disagree with your point, however to expand mine ,are you comfortable with Kurt Benkert as the falcons backup in that 1.4% time on the field.

5 hours ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

I don't wholly disagree with your point, however to expand mine ,are you comfortable with Kurt Benkert as the falcons backup in that 1.4% time on the field.

No, but I didn’t have much confident in Schaub either tbh. There are plenty of cheap options you could get, or take one in the later rounds of the draft.  Look at what Jameis and Cam made last year, there are backups out there for nothing if that’s a concern.

13 hours ago, Sui_Generis said:

I honestly don't give a **** which QB the Falcons draft, as long as it isn't at #4. 

Ryan will be eventually be replaced, yes, but the team also has more immediate needs than a QB at this time. Ryan will be serviceable for another 2 to 3 years. 

Just my opinion. 

Imagine being satisfied with just a serviceable QB in a league that has Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, and Russel Wilson on better teams with better coaching.
Example #475 of Tatf being scared of playmakers. At the most important position at that! You guys are so adamant on wasting these next 2 years when they can be building an actual solid roster with much better cap allocation. Satisfied with mediocrity.

8 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Imagine being satisfied with just a serviceable QB in a league that has Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, and Russel Wilson on better teams with better coaching.
Example #475 of Tatf being scared of playmakers. At the most important position at that! You guys are so adamant on wasting these next 2 years when they can be building an actual solid roster with much better cap allocation. Satisfied with mediocrity.

QB is hardly the only position which contains playmakers. For a few of us, we clearly see this team needs better playmakers at DE, RB, safety, corner much more than we do at QB.