How would you feel if the Falcons drafted Mac Jones?

If the Falcons were to draft a QB this year Mac Jones is probably my favorite that would be available. I think he would be successful in our offense and culture. 

I don't want to debate the likelihood of the Falcons drafting a QB at 4. I just want to know if you guys think Mac Jones would be a great fit for our offense? I think his personality would fit as well.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP

I am open to drafting any of top 5 QB in late first round. If Falcons do trade down from #4 to 10-15 and get an extra second round pick. They can trade back in to late first round from 35 if any of the top 5 QB falls. Ideally, if they can grab Jones or some of the developmental prospects from 2-4 rounds. I just don’t see the value at #4.

• Falcons Fan MVP changed the title to How would you feel if the Falcons drafted Mac Jones?
14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I am open to drafting any of top 5 QB in late first round. If Falcons do trade down from #4 to 10-15 and get an extra second round pick. They can trade back in to late first round from 35 if any of the top 5 QB falls. Ideally, if they can grab Jones or some of the developmental prospects from 2-4 rounds. I just don’t see the value at #4.

Man, I get what you guys are getting at with trading down. I just don't think an extra second round pick is enough for a team wanting to move 10 spots or more into the top 5. We gotta play chess. Get something similar to what Browns got from us.

11 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Man, I get what you guys are getting at with trading down. I just don't think an extra second round pick is enough for a team wanting to move 10 spots or more into the top 5. We gotta play chess. Get something similar to what Browns got from us.

I will be ok with what browns got. I am not saying we will get only second. I was just saying Falcons can use that extra second round to move back up in to first. 

He passes the eye test, but this article scares me

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-mac-jones-despite-gaudy-statistics-at-alabama-lacks-in-key-areas-as-a-prospect/amp/

34% of his passes were behind LOS, and 53% of his yards were YAC. (Also makes me like Najee and Smith even more...)

25 minutes ago, belmont4213 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-draft-mac-jones-despite-gaudy-statistics-at-alabama-lacks-in-key-areas-as-a-prospect/amp/

34% of his passes were behind LOS, and 53% of his yards were YAC. (Also makes me like Najee and Smith even more...)

I think Julio, Gage and Ridley would help him out a ton with that.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

If the Falcons were to draft a QB this year Mac Jones is probably my favorite that would be available. I think he would be successful in our offense and culture. 

I don't want to debate the likelihood of the Falcons drafting a QB at 4. I just want to know if you guys think Mac Jones would be a great fit for our offense? I think his personality would fit as well.

1 hour ago, nomak said:

I'm a Jones fan as well and a perfect QB to sit under Matt.  

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

48 minutes ago, RYNE said:

At 4 not thrilled. Somehow if he fell to round 2 just fine. 

At first I was skeptical of him. The more I watch him the more I like him. 

From what I hear about Jones....  he's not real mobile.   I think this greatly reduces his value.   Enough to have him last into the 2nd round, to our pick?  Maybe.... Andy Dalton, Kaepernick, Drew Brees, Bret Favre were all 2nd rounders.

48 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I would be good with him late first or early second after a trade down. 

NE will take him at 15. If not, he might fall into the 20's but I don't think he'll make it into the second round. Even if he did, if one of the three teams picking above the Falcons in the first doesn't take QB, I guarantee they'd pick up Jones in the second before the Falcons pick so it'll take a trade up into the bottom of the first if he falls that far. 

I wouldn't hate actually having him on the team, but I've started coming around to trading down for anything including a 1st next year and picking up someone like Mond or Ehlinger later in the draft to try to strike gold on. We need a backup either way. 

We need to fill out the roster with young players this year and then see if there's a QB we fall in love with to use the two 1sts next year to go get. 

Edited by Power I

5 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

From what I hear about Jones....  he's not real mobile.   I think this greatly reduces his value.   Enough to have him last into the 2nd round, to our pick?  Maybe.... Andy Dalton, Kaepernick, Drew Brees, Bret Favre were all 2nd rounders.

He's more mobile than he's given credit for. He can get you 5 to 7 yds. on third to move the chains and he throws on the run well. What he won't do is knock out a 30 yd. duck and dodge. He's not that kind of QB. 

10 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Who cares about mobile. Give me a great passer. 

I wouldn't hate it if we can get him between picks 25-35.. we will get a ransom for #4 if only one QB is picked in the top three. I can see us getting a defensive stud and then drafting Jones as our first two picks.

If we miss Jones I want either Mond Book or Ehlinger...possibly Buechele sleeper watched him at UT and SMU

14 minutes ago, slider said:

He's more mobile than he's given credit for. He can get you 5 to 7 yds. on third to move the chains and he throws on the run well. What he won't do is knock out a 30 yd. duck and dodge. He's not that kind of QB. 

Thanks for that.... I really don't know much about him.

I think Jones playing for Alabama will be an interesting consideration, that team has been loaded on offense.

44 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

I prefer pocket passers because the mobile quarterbacks scare me. It's like watching a sports car flying around among a bunch of monster Truck linebackers.

1 hour ago, belmont4213 said:

Didn't read this yet, but have read other places he did not fit the ball in tight spaces at all. Didn't have to though either. They had a stat, but don't remember it.

Just now, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Didn't read thisyet, but have read other places he did not fit the ball in tight spaces at all. Didn't have to though either. They had a stat, but don't rember it.

You always have unknown when drafting a player. Zach Wilson played much lower competition than Jones and was a one year wonder. Would Wilson do same with competition Jones played against? Would Wilson continue his growth beyond one year? That’s why draft is a crapshoot.