13 minutes ago, athell said:

Oh I agree.  Don't get me wrong.  Just saying there probably would be a market for him is all.

That said it probably won't happen but at least now we have a front office who may not be too stubborn to offload while they can...

One of the benefits to having a new front office is that they do not have any attachment to the players yet.

Which is good on one hand but can also lead to difficult break ups....like with Roddy after 2015.

Hopefully if/when we do move on from Ryan and Julio, those situations are handled better than that.

4 hours ago, athell said:

He's a young edge rusher who is a year removed from double digit sacks, I'm gonna respectfully disagree on this one.  Teams were hot and bothered for Takk, I can only assume they would be even moreso for Dante.

Swayzee his cap hit is 18.5 and we would save 13.8 if he was traded post June 1.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/dante-fowler-jr-16727/#:~:text=Current Contract-,Dante Fowler Jr.,average annual salary of %2415%2C000%2C000.

Thennn...why wouldn't we keep him?

7 hours ago, Alomar said:

Tell me what you guys think about this:

Draft Barrmore, DT from Alabama, have him play NT, have Grady and Marlon Davidson play DE in a 3-4, and move Fowler to OLB. Then we would have our 3 starting DL and 4 LBs(Fowler, Foye, Deion Jones, Mykal Walker)?

I see Mykal as an offball LB and probably depth behind Debo and Foye at ILB but I like your thinking.  Means can probably start while we develop a younger player. 

3 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

I see Mykal as an offball LB and probably depth behind Debo and Foye at ILB but I like your thinking.  Means can probably start while we develop a younger player. 

Walker was primarily used as an edge rusher in college and was very good. I was surprised by his coverage ability. I do not know how he would fare as a full time edge rusher at this level but he's a great blitzer. Having him on the outside would be good because opponents would never know what he is going to do. That pairs well with someone like Fowler on the other side because he would not drop into coverage very often.