Look What I Found - Salary Cap Calculator

I don't care when it's from. I know I should not be the GM because, I could not come up with anything to get under the cap in 2021. I had it in the black for a minute but had half the team cut..lol.

But TF came from the Saints so we are apparently flush wish cap room, just need to be creative.

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

I don't care when it's from. I know I should not be the GM because, I could not come up with anything to get under the cap in 2021. I had it in the black for a minute but had half the team cut..lol.

But TF came from the Saints so we are apparently flush wish cap room, just need to be creative.

I got us down to 165 mil pretty easily. 

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

I don't care when it's from. I know I should not be the GM because, I could not come up with anything to get under the cap in 2021. I had it in the black for a minute but had half the team cut..lol.

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

I was obviously doing something wrong then. Like I said I'm not an expert nor ever used the program.

These may be the first points you’ve ever made in here I agreed with....🤪

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

I don't know nearly enough about contracts to know what reasonable extension/restructure numbers would be but you can see it's easy to get under cap with only a couple moves outside trimming the fat. 

To me, it always comes back down to deciding if team is in ‘win now’ mode vs ‘blow it all up and start over from scratch’ mode. 

honestly not to hard to make cap space there for a few players if we want them.   You can extend Ryan and Matthews for 1 year each and extend Grady and Debo 2 to 3 years each.  To get us about 10 to 15 mil in the positive in cap space.   Keeps the team in tact without seriously hurting the future at all.   Then if you cut the dead weight in Carpenter, Rico, Bailey, and Keith Smith.    You end up with about 25 to 30 million in cap space to put new players toward the team.   Extending Ryan and Matthews would be the one i imagine most people have the most gripes with but i feel 1 extra year each isn't going to hurt anything much as both i feel can still go for 3 to 5 more years without a massive drop off from either of them.   Grady and Debo i have zero problems at all giving another 2 to 3 years each to their what you want on this defense for the long haul. 

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

These may be the first points you’ve ever made in here I agreed with....🤪

LOL.. that is a 2 way street. 

I don't have the history here to back up anything at this point right or wrong. So, we can readdress this in the future and have a good laugh.

It's a football forum and anyone who get bent out of shape about some objective football banter, well that's not me. Will be a fun draft and all this speculation finally comes to a head. We all are looking for the same goal, so its like different units in the same army fighting each other.

17 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

honestly not to hard to make cap space there for a few players if we want them.   You can extend Ryan and Matthews for 1 year each and extend Grady and Debo 2 to 3 years each.  To get us about 10 to 15 mil in the positive in cap space.   Keeps the team in tact without seriously hurting the future at all.   Then if you cut the dead weight in Carpenter, Rico, Bailey, and Keith Smith.    You end up with about 25 to 30 million in cap space to put new players toward the team.   Extending Ryan and Matthews would be the one i imagine most people have the most gripes with but i feel 1 extra year each isn't going to hurt anything much as both i feel can still go for 3 to 5 more years without a massive drop off from either of them.   Grady and Debo i have zero problems at all giving another 2 to 3 years each to their what you want on this defense for the long haul. 

Awesome...extend Ryan and Matthews. I see someone else that absolutely should not be the GM either. Bring Neal, and his killer ball skillz back as well, and I'm all in with your offseason.

What id AS and TF love one of these QB's? You think they are going to extend Ryan or the very average and very well paid Jake Matthews. If Ryan is not extended before the start of free agency...does that mean we are drafting a QB??

Nope, but I betcha neither Ryan nor Matthews is extended. Make zero sense.

11 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Awesome...extend Ryan and Matthews. I see someone else that absolutely should not be the GM either. Bring Neal, and his killer ball skillz back as well, and I'm all in with your offseason.

What id AS and TF love one of these QB's? You think they are going to extend Ryan or the very average and very well paid Jake Matthews. If Ryan is not extended before the start of free agency...does that mean we are drafting a QB??

Nope, but I betcha neither Ryan nor Matthews is extended. Make zero sense.

A ryan extension makes a lot of sense as long as the guaranteed money isn't crazy. It gives you wiggle room to spread out these next two years of cap hits. Its exactly what the saints did with brees and it was how they kept his salary low for so long. 

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

A ryan extension makes a lot of sense as long as the guaranteed money isn't crazy. It gives you wiggle room to spread out these next two years of cap hits. Its exactly what the saints did with brees and it was how they kept his salary low for so long. 

Believe that is going to be key this offseason, Ryan gonna have to take less like Brees has.

Makes you wonder what kind of under the table deals are made... I dont know groceries from Publix rest of your life? Free cable and power? 

2 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Believe that is going to be key this offseason, Ryan gonna have to take less like Brees has.

Makes you wonder what kind of under the table deals are made... I dont know groceries from Publix rest of your life? Free cable and power? 

Once they're older they gotta know their time is coming to a close and to get what they can get. I think indy paid rivers 25 mil for last year. If we could resign ryan for 2 more years at 25 mil a year it would help our cap situation a ton.

37 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Keep kicking it down the line...

I simply hate it. I think it is a bad football decision. 

What's the plan if this team goes below .500 for the 4th straight year or you going to tell me that this is a good team and top 5 roster like some others around here? At least you know you extended the old QB and very average LT, right!

Coach Bro, who many called a defensive genius and the best coach the Falcons have EVER had, was the sole reason that this team has suck 3 straight years and a rookie HC is coming in and make this a contender next year. All I remember reading is last season we just killed it. Quinn was back and team rallied around him. TD killed it in the draft and free agency....best offseason EVER was brought up many times(the words are till easily found)

But's lets just keep running it back. This is why I want a QB so badly, and I can admit that may be for better it worse. Because it's a change from what has repeatedly failed now year, after year, after year. 

That being said, I absolutely think Matt Ryan should be the QB in 2021. I just think we need his successor on the roster and being the #2 heading into next season.

A rookie playing next year, say a Surtain or Sewell, versus a Fields or Wilson sitting on the bench...is not the difference in this team going to the SB. Let's worry about getting near .500

Edited by PointSwayzee
10 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Keep kicking it down the line...

I simply hate it. I think it is a bad football decision. 

What's the plan if this team goes below .500 for the 4th straight year or you going to tell me that this is a good team and top 5 roster like some others around here? At least you know you extended the old QB and very average LT, right!

Coach Bro, who many called a defensive genius and the best coach the Falcons have EVER had, was the sole reason that this team has suck 3 straight years and a rookie HC is coming in and make this a contender next year. All I remember reading is last season we just killed it. Quinn was back and team rallied around him. TD killed it in the draft and free agency....best offseason EVER was brought up many times(the words are till easily found)

But's lets just keep running it back. This is why I want a QB so badly, and I can admit that may be for better it worse. Because it's a change from what has repeatedly failed now year, after year, after year. 

That being said, I absolutely think Matt Ryan should be the QB in 2021. I just think we need his successor on the roster and being the #2 heading into next season.

A rookie playing next year, say a Surtain or Sewell, versus a Fields or Wilson sitting on the bench...is not the difference in this team going to the SB. Let's worry about getting near .500

You kick the can down the road because the cap rises so it offsets. Look at brees....the saints kept on pushing money down the line yet every single year he counted almost an identical percentage of their cap. Why do you think so many teams do this?

https://overthecap.com/player/drew-brees/1492/

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You kick the can down the road because the cap rises so it offsets. Look at brees....the saints kept on pushing money down the line yet every single year he counted almost an identical percentage of their cap. Why do you think so many teams do this?

https://overthecap.com/player/drew-brees/1492/

I understand that, just don't think a 36 year old QB with 3 years remaining need to be extended. Again, I like Matt Ryan, I respect him as a player and person(**** we went to the same grade and HS even, my parents are friends with his parents).

Just ready for a change, and not going to apologize about. If it happens and I am dead wrong, I can and will admit I was wrong.