• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends if Terry brought some of that Saints cap voodoo with him.  They seem to worm their way out of cap **** and sign big dollar contracts every year for the past ten years.   

I'm usually not one to say bring him home, but in this case and this scheme, please, bring this guy home

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

3 hours ago, msjacob25 said:

3 hours ago, thanat0s said:

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

3 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

It depends if Terry brought some of that Saints cap voodoo with him.  They seem to worm their way out of cap **** and sign big dollar contracts every year for the past ten years. 

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He'd be worth the gamble despite not being able to stay healthy in recent years. But Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot would have to sell him on a instant turnaround.

Fire up the jet Blank!

There is one team that has been snapping up the premium name free agents lately.... the Super Bowl champs.

Watt Suh and JPP together with Barrett White Winfield....   ugh!

45 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

And the money that was moved to this year can just as easily be moved to another year. We can extend grady and spread the hit out into years where the cap goes up as expected. Again, the cap is easy to manipulate. Stop being a doomer. Its not healthy.

Why would a new staff and GM want to handicap themselves by restructuring older players making them untradeable moving forward. Grady and Debo will have to be restructured and Neal and Rico will need to be cut just to get under the cap. It's a short sided and a DUMB way to build a team when you are not close to competing for a Super bowl.  You also expose yourself up to eating a large amount of money if they a player is injured. 

Those are the facts, sorry it hurts your feelings to hear the truth but I have no problems with it. 

I'm sure Arthur Smith will not pretend they do not have difficult roster and cap issues to deal with moving forward.  

Edited by insight
11 minutes ago, insight said:

Why would a new staff and GM want to handicap themselves by restructuring older players making them untradeable moving forward. Grady and Debo will have to be restructured and Neal and Rico will need to be cut just to get under the cap. It's a short sided and a DUMB way to build a team when you are not close to competing for a Super bowl.  You also expose yourself up to eating a large amount of money if they a player is injured. 

Those are the facts, sorry it hurts your feelings to hear the truth but I have no problems with it. 

I'm sure Arthur Smith will not pretend they do not have difficult roster and cap issues to deal with moving forward.  

Neal is a FA

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

Truth!  They literally have Watson.  DeShaun must be just livid.

Guarantee Watson either forces a release (his contract makes that possible) or he sandbags or doesn't show up at camp.  I bet against him ever suiting up there.  One thing to lose and have have your weapons stripped.  But he's more angry about being misled.  I think it's personal with him.  Too bad.  You want to win games but unless it's the Saints you really don't want to see a team tail spin, it's not good for the game.  

14 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Guarantee Watson either forces a release (his contract makes that possible) or he sandbags or doesn't show up at camp.  I bet against him ever suiting up there.  One thing to lose and have have your weapons stripped.  But he's more angry about being misled.  I think it's personal with him.  Too bad.  You want to win games but unless it's the Saints you really don't want to see a team tail spin, it's not good for the game.  

There you go. Watson wasn’t misled. He made business decision by knowing what he was getting in to it by signing the extension. He wanted guaranteed deal for injuries, he got it snd now trying to bail out. 

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He is still a good player....but I would not call him dominant.

I saw a couple texan games.....their defense was terrible and he is not the guy that he was....and to be fair after 10 years , very few guys are what they were.

Great man, still a good player but he is not the "answer" to fixing the defense.

4 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t know what you watched but the games I watched, I saw a man that could still have his way in a one on one matchup with ease

J is correct. J.J. Watt is still a great player and very dominant.

ESPN has a stat called win rate. Basically it's how often a man beats the man in front of him in a 1-on-1 matchup in 2.5 seconds or less. J.J. Watt ranked at 22%, tied with Chase Young for 7th best in the NFL among edge rushers.

Edge Rushers

1. T.J. Watt - 29%
  2. Jerry Hughes - 29%
  3. Myles Garrett - 26%
  4. Brian Burns - 25%
  5. Joey Bosa - 25%
  6. Justin Houston - 25%
  7. Chase Young - 22%
  8. J.J. Watt - 22%
  9. Harold Landry - 22%
  10. DeMarcus Lawrence - 21%

Inside Lineman

1. Aaron Donald - 24%
  2. Chris Jones - 20%
  3. Grady Jarrett - 19%
  4. Quinnen Williams - 17%
  5. William Gholston - 15%
  6. Javon Hargrave - 15%
  7. Jonathan Allen - 13%
  8. Stephen Tuitt - 13%
  9. Quinton Jefferson - 13%
  10. David Onyemata - 13%

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

There you go. Watson wasn’t misled. He made business decision by knowing what he was getting in to it by signing the extension. He wanted guaranteed deal for injuries, he got it snd now trying to bail out. 

I’m not referring to a Hopkins trade, etc. He was specifically told he would have direct input in coaching replacement decisions. The process was done mostly in secret without his input. That is what I mean. McNair lied to him. 

3 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I’m not referring to a Hopkins trade, etc. He was specifically told he would have direct input in coaching replacement decisions. The process was done mostly in secret without his input. That is what I mean. McNair lied to him. 

That’s just an excuse. He wanted out for other reasons before they even looked for GM. Like I said, it’s business decision back in September. The only bailing out reason which got hyped was GM search, it wasn’t the first either.  Watson made the bed, he has to deal with it. You can’t sign a deal 3-4 months earlier and then start talking about leaving by end of the season.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

That’s just an excuse. He wanted out for other reasons before they even looked for GM. Like I said, it’s business decision back in September. The only bailing out reason which got hyped was GM search, it wasn’t the first either.  Watson made the bed, he has to deal with it. You can’t sign a deal 3-4 months earlier and then start talking about leaving by end of the season.

You can if you’re Watson. Whomever he moves “up” to will play in a conference ship or better. And he knows it. And the league knows it. 
My point is he only wants to win. He wants to win more than he wants the money. You don’t have to agree for it to be true 

2 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

You can if you’re Watson. Whomever he moves “up” to will play in a conference ship or better. And he knows it. And the league knows it. 
My point is he only wants to win. He wants to win more than he wants the money. You don’t have to agree for it to be true 

BS. Watson should have never signed the deal if he cared about winning. No one put a gun on his head to sign a 4 year deal and cash in 27M  bonus check with a dysfunctional team. He could have walked out easily, Texans with out 27M dead cap could have been more open to trading. Like I said, it was a business decision to sign the contract knowing the coach was week to week and locker room was a cancer.  

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah sure, let's make Ryan's cap hit over 45 million for the next few seasons and Julio around 30 million. Who cares if we don't know if Julio can play at a high level anymore.

Julio is like Larry Fitz/ Calvin Johnson 

Hes gonna be Falcons for life.

Even if he plays 50% of games he's gonna make others around him better.

But, I agree at what cost $?

Tough decisions for new coach and G.M