• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends if Terry brought some of that Saints cap voodoo with him.  They seem to worm their way out of cap **** and sign big dollar contracts every year for the past ten years.   

I'm usually not one to say bring him home, but in this case and this scheme, please, bring this guy home

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

8 minutes ago, Sponge said:

Do you think Watt is above or below 2016 Dwight Freeney at this point in his career?

Most importantly Watt is a leader. Dude called out the whole defense for not putting enough work. BOB was fired when Watt called him out in a practice and told the owner about toxic locker room. If AS wants accountability and toughness, that’s Watt. He is playmaker, won’t make 15 plays a game but this team can use 4-5 per game.

59 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

I felt if we had Wade Phillips as D Coordinator the we could’ve had a real shot. But honestly he may wait till closer to training camp to sign with a team. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Even numbers are great. Watt had 34 stops on a dysfunctional defense. Fowler had 11. Grady had 26. He isn’t all pro level but still very high level player. Just got to keep him healthy. 

No doubt. The only number that gets stuck in peeps heads are sacks. That's why I always tell people **** stats. Watch the action

32 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

We cant afford him. Moving on. Hope Watts enjoys playing for the Jets. 

This is exactly correct.  Falcons will have to cut players and restructure contracts just to get under the cap.

Dante Fowlers contract is ridiculous, with 29 Million guaranteed, that is our premier pass rusher. 

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

He's not really that guy anymore to me. Could he help? Sure, but really depends on the cost. We can free up money easy.

True. He's not what he used to be. Still the baddest, coolest cat H-Town has ever known. He'll look beastly in green and gold. 

He'd also be better than anything we have, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Lol my texts blew up from friends in Houston about Watt. Watt announced it himself before Texans released. AB, TF and AS need to be on plane to go grab him. 

Yeah he had a press conference right after their last game saying he's probably seen his last snap as a Texan. He knew back then he was out. Don't blame him one bit, and I expect the Texans to be drafting first next year.

They'll have a hard time making a pitch to any free agent. And they're over the cap also.