• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends if Terry brought some of that Saints cap voodoo with him.  They seem to worm their way out of cap **** and sign big dollar contracts every year for the past ten years.   

I'm usually not one to say bring him home, but in this case and this scheme, please, bring this guy home

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I would love to have him here because of the man that he is.

But he is not the same guy he was a few years ago.

He has been hurt and played through alot of injuries.

Those take a toll and the Texans lack of pass rush is one of the reasons why their defense sucked as much as it did.

Even with all of his injuries he’s still a bigger force than any member that was on last season’s defensive line outside of Grady. Don’t let the sack numbers fool you. Go back and watch him play last season. That man is still dominant 

15 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He'd be worth the gamble despite not being able to stay healthy in recent years. But Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot would have to sell him on a instant turnaround.

Fire up the jet Blank!

I am ABSOLUTELY ok with a half healthy Watt! He would still be twice as good as anything we have coming off the edge as of now. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Even with all of his injuries he’s still a bigger force than any member that was on last season’s defensive line outside of Grady. Don’t let the sack numbers fool you. Go back and watch him play last season. That man is still dominant 

Like I said, a 50% Watt is still twice as good as ANYTHING we had currently!

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

He is still a good player....but I would not call him dominant.

I saw a couple texan games.....their defense was terrible and he is not the guy that he was....and to be fair after 10 years , very few guys are what they were.

Great man, still a good player but he is not the "answer" to fixing the defense.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

He is still a good player....but I would not call him dominant.

I saw a couple texan games.....their defense was terrible and he is not the guy that he was....and to be fair after 10 years , very few guys are what they were.

Great man, still a good player but he is not the "answer" to fixing the defense.

I don’t know what you watched but the games I watched, I saw a man that could still have his way in a one on one matchup with ease

The Falcons are 2 spots away from being in the worst cap situation in the NFL heading into this year. The Steelers are 3 spots away from being the worst, with just $1M in space separating them from the Falcons.

If the Falcons aren't getting players due to their cap situation, that goes for the Steelers as well.

15 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

I’m expecting him to go to Tampa :ninja:

6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Exactly what my first thought was. 

3 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

Not to worry, the bucs will most likely sign him!

Bucs have their work cut out for them this off-season.

Gronk, David, Barrett, Suh, AB, Godwin, Fournette are all FAs.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Bucs have their work cut out for them this off-season.

Gronk, David, Barrett, Suh, AB, Godwin, Fournette are all FAs.

I can fully see them letting Godwin walk and not have any setback. Most of the others I can see coming back at a 1 year discount with Barrett signing long term

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t know what you watched but the games I watched, I saw a man that could still have his way in a one on one matchup with ease

That is the thing..he is not the game wrecker that he was on a game in and game out basis.

Don't get me wrong...if he some how ended up here( he won't but if he did) I would be thrilled but I would not expect him to  be the DPOY type guy.

20 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I would love to have him here because of the man that he is.

But he is not the same guy he was a few years ago.

He has been hurt and played through alot of injuries.

Those take a toll and the Texans lack of pass rush is one of the reasons why their defense sucked as much as it did.

Do you think Watt is above or below 2016 Dwight Freeney at this point in his career?

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

That is the thing..he is not the game wrecker that he was on a game in and game out basis.

Don't get me wrong...if he some how ended up here( he won't but if he did) I would be thrilled but I would not expect him to  be the DPOY type guy.

Who cares about him being DPOY type lol. This defensive line needs someone who can hold their own alongside Grady. He is that guy. **** Donald can’t even beat every double and triple team. 

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I can fully see them letting Godwin walk and not have any setback. Most of the others I can see coming back at a 1 year discount with Barrett signing long term

I could see that happening.

As for Barrett, he's already came out publicly that he's now looking to break the bank lol.

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-shaq-barrett-on-next-contract-i-feel-like-it-s-time-for-me-to-break-t

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

No one is expecting Watt to be his DPOY form at age 32.

He's still a really good pass rusher though despite the 5 sacks last season.