Watt released

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

It depends if Terry brought some of that Saints cap voodoo with him.  They seem to worm their way out of cap **** and sign big dollar contracts every year for the past ten years. 

5 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Ugh. Falcons timing. A guy who could literally fix our pass rush problems (and other issues) on defense from day one, and we have no money to go after him. smh...

He's not really that guy anymore to me. Could he help? Sure, but really depends on the cost. We can free up money easy.

5 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

He'd be an improvement over what we have, yes, but his best days are behind him. He's also probably eyeing SB contenders and the falcons are not that at present so I doubt he'd choose here even if we did have the money to overpay him.

2 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

He's not really that guy anymore to me. Could he help? Sure, but really depends on the cost. We can free up money easy.

Probably isn't, but playing alongside Grady would make life much easier for Watt late in his career. Could see him look 70-80% of what he used to be. Which is still a pretty dominant pass rusher.

3 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

I’m expecting him to go to Tampa :ninja:

That is the reality of the Brady effect.  Get any future Hall of Fame you want on your team that has nothing else to prove other than win another title.  I will be hoping against hope be doesn't end up with a division rival.

I would love to have him here because of the man that he is.

But he is not the same guy he was a few years ago.

He has been hurt and played through alot of injuries.

Those take a toll and the Texans lack of pass rush is one of the reasons why their defense sucked as much as it did.