Arthur Smith to attend Trevor L throwing session today.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the 4th overall pick in the draft it would be malpractice for them not to attend his throwing session, even if they have no intention of drafting him.    Silly to try and read something in

Due diligence

I know, right..lol??? If I was a betting man he will be doing the exact same thing for Wilson, Fields, Lance and probably Mac Jones. The possibility of drafting a QB at four is real, and whether

12 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I can't imagine that anyone thinks that those of us who do not favor getting a QB at 4 think so on the grounds that no QB is worth taking at 4, nor that the staff ought not be scouting every player that might fall to us to see who they like and don't like.

Yet here we are, with people acting as if scouting QBs means we will be taking one at 4.  Granted, if Lawrence falls to 4, we might.  But that is highly unlikely.  And those pretending this is some sort of crystal ball prescience know it.

12 hours ago, gazoo said:

With the 4th overall pick in the draft it would be malpractice for them not to attend his throwing session, even if they have no intention of drafting him. 

Silly to try and read something into it other than them doing their job.

12 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Due diligence

12 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Not a shocker at all. 

Falcons are doing their due diligence. Is there a possibility that we trade up? Yes. Is it probable? No. There’s a lot of time between now and the draft.

Also, however minute, there’s always a chance that Lawrence could slip for whatever reason. The LAST thing we would want is for that to happen and not understand why it happened and if we should capitalize on it. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, JDaveG said:

I can't imagine that anyone thinks that those of us who do not favor getting a QB at 4 think so on the grounds that no QB is worth taking at 4, nor that the staff ought not be scouting every player that might fall to us to see who they like and don't like.

Yet here we are, with people acting as if scouting QBs means we will be taking one at 4.  Granted, if Lawrence falls to 4, we might.  But that is highly unlikely.  And those pretending this is some sort of crystal ball prescience know it.

The decision making process takes several steps that occur over several minutes, weeks, months, years, and even a lifetime.  Most people reduce it to 2 steps, initial concept, then final conclusion, and it takes less than 1 second.

Step 1 - Falcons will watch Lawrence throw.

Step 2 - Falcons will move up to draft Lawrence.

That took almost 10 seconds to type, but trust me, the thought process is sub-second. 

Edited by NorthGaBoy
24 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well,  WE need to understand how close we are to the #1 pick... only 3 below that ..  Don't be shocked if our new FO makes a move up to get the Top QB of the future.. Trevor Lawrence ,  Get right or get left... 

where do you come up with this? Dude, the amount of picks given up to get him would be staggering...even for 3 spots up. Throw the trade value chart out of the window

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Falcons are doing their due diligence. Is there a possibility that we trade up? Yes. Is it probable? No. There’s a lot of time between now and the draft.

Also, however minute, there’s always a chance that Lawrence could slip for whatever reason. The LAST thing we would want is for that to happen and not understand why it happened and if we should capitalize on it. 

He's having routine surgery on a shoulder.  Who knows, right?

On 2/12/2021 at 8:49 AM, Someday soon said:

I think he's dreaming.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, PriMeTiiMe said:

Pretty sure almost every team will be there other than a few.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, g-dawg said:

I think the Falcons are scouting quarterbacks

Shocking!!!!!

On 2/12/2021 at 8:57 AM, FentayeJones said:

On 2/12/2021 at 9:01 AM, Herr Doktor said:

You have to network while scouting.  Unless they plan to move up, which is probably suicidal, they are checking him out now for future preparations.  It does not hurt that GMs and coaches will be there.  Networking is more important now than ever before.

On 2/12/2021 at 9:46 AM, gazoo said:

With the 4th overall pick in the draft it would be malpractice for them not to attend his throwing session, even if they have no intention of drafting him. 

Silly to try and read something into it other than them doing their job.

Offseasons are the only time coaches will ever see these guys at practice.   Once they join an NFL team, games are the only time these coaches will see these players up close and personal again.

I think seeing a guy considered to be the best, like Lawrence, helps coaches when evaluating the other rookies, and also even the vets on the teams' roster.  

Plus, who knows?  Lawrence may do like Elway and Eli Manning did, refuse to play for the team that wants to pick him.  Wouldn't THAT create some offseason drama!   All it might take is for someone to let Trevor know some Jags' history, heh.... 😜

3 hours ago, falcndave said:

He is the best QB prospect in the draft now. He will be the best prospect after the session. My guess is this trip is a lot more about assessing the intentions of the other 15 NFL teams present than about evaluating Lawrence. 

Here's the thing.. If it was possible to trade up and get Lawrence ,, WE probably would .. But I'm pretty sure He goes to Jacksonville who knows how important it would be to get such a Future giant of a QB. That would do more to help them get out of the Cellar than any other player in the draft and a one in every 10 years type of Talent. Who knows,, he very well could end up being the best of all time. Yes, there is a chance that he's that good. The thing is,, Will he have the team to do anything with.. ?? That is the thing.. But they still have all of there picks to boot themselves up the NFL ladder in a hurry. 

this is really no big deal; its standard procedure for a proper GM where we are picking. A good GM is going to be scouting players for as many scenarios as possible; trading up, trading down, players falling, players rising, giving the allusion that you are a wildcard who could literally do anything, etc. 

I really am excited to see what we do. 

On 2/12/2021 at 10:08 AM, JDaveG said:

I remember when we scouted DEs in 2017 and then took one in the 1st.  

Derek Rivers, Youngstown State

Tanoh Kpassagnon, Villanova

Avery Moss, Youngstown State

DE/OLB Ryan Watson, Airforce

Tarrell Basham, Ohio (Walter Football)

Darius English, South Carolina (Walter Football)

Charles Harris, Missouri 

Isaac Rochell, Notre Dame (Walter Football)

Derek Barnett, Tenneesee (Walter Football)

Jordan Willis, Kansas (Walter Football)

I mean, we didn't take any of the ones we scouted.  You know what I mean.

Whatever.

Bro all those guys suck expect derek barnett

I had eggs with  breakfast this morning.  Eggs come from chicken's butts.  Really, they do.  Google it.  It is called the hen's vent.

What does this mean?  I shudder to think.  I am going into reclusion.  Do I have another choice?

Oh, WTH.  I had cereal with bananas this morning.  Never mind.