Arthur Smith to attend Trevor L throwing session today.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the 4th overall pick in the draft it would be malpractice for them not to attend his throwing session, even if they have no intention of drafting him.    Silly to try and read something in

Due diligence

I know, right..lol??? If I was a betting man he will be doing the exact same thing for Wilson, Fields, Lance and probably Mac Jones. The possibility of drafting a QB at four is real, and whether

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Four guys from Dolphins. Very interesting. 

26 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Hmmmmm

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Falcons with 4, too

Nope, just 1 representative from the Dolphins.

They say 31 total people in attendance from 17 NFL teams.

Falcons have the most with 4 representatives.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, I think it's just due diligence.

Possibly also trying to see what would it take to move up from 4 to 1 just for curiosity also. Don't see Lawrence ending up in a Falcons uniform.

Very true.  Deals are made on the gold course brother!  Networking, meeting up, chin wagging a bit.  This is what starts trades.

4 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I mean, you actually wrote this.  Or goblins in your computer spat it out.

So yes, some of you are taking this as a sign that we intend to draft a QB, when in reality it's what responsible teams do every year.

Guess what?  We're going to have edge guys, WRs, DTs, OTs, OGs, TEs, RBs, DBs and even kickers and punters visit too.  That doesn't mean we have any direction at the moment with where we're going at number 4.  If anything, I'd be disappointed if they did have a set determination of what direction they're going, because there is no way to know who will be there.  If we're set on Slater or Sewell and Lawrence falls, I'd hate to think they said "gosh, we can't take him because we never scouted him because we thought he wouldn't be there."

But Lawrence won't fall, so this is academic.  They're doing what every organization in the NFL is doing and working out everyone they think might be an option for them.  It doesn't mean they are after a QB.

You doing to much 

OK, say Ryan's The Man for now and for later.  

Still, why on earth wouldn't you scout the guy that's in all likelihood going #1?  Do the work.  Not saying we're doing anything with our QB so don't yell at me.  But AS coming here to rock the team as the new HC at least you've got to do homework to make the best decisions.  I'd like to assume he's looking at the top few picks in a handful of other positions too.  (insert 2021 shirt slogan here)

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Smith knows that he needs to make a move that fans will remember in his first year.... If he could some how pull this off and get Lawrence ,, I'd say this would be a great Foundation to start with.. The Question is this,, How long dose Ryan want to play?

Did you forget the purple? If he is making for fans to remember. He will be forgotten after 2 years when he gets fired. Make moves to win the trophy and build roster matching the vision and goals. 

43 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, I think it's just due diligence.

Possibly also trying to see what would it take to move up from 4 to 1 just for curiosity also. Don't see Lawrence ending up in a Falcons uniform.

Or possibly getting a good feel of the standard the projected 1st pick is making. Maybe a litmus test for other QB prospects.

18 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Smith knows that he needs to make a move that fans will remember in his first year.... If he could some how pull this off and get Lawrence ,, I'd say this would be a great Foundation to start with.. The Question is this,, How long dose Ryan want to play?

i sure hope AS and TF have a better plan for success than just wowing the fans.

5 hours ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

I assume his WRs will be there so could scout both  lawrence and the pass catchers.

Bingo!!!! Teams attend pro days not just to scout QBs but to scout the guys catching the ball. Teams and scouts all the time discover different players at these pro days.

7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Pretty sure almost every team will be there other than a few.

yeah, all teams scout players. And for those that don't know,  teams also have in their organizations a person known by the title of scout. It's what teams do.

10 hours ago, gazoo said:

With the 4th overall pick in the draft it would be malpractice for them not to attend his throwing session, even if they have no intention of drafting him. 

Silly to try and read something into it other than them doing their job.

True, and they just might be there to check out the other players that will be in the Draft.  But It would not hurt my feelings if we drafted TL. AAMOF ,, I'd probably hit the ceiling.. With joy...