A little Abraham

11 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

A little Abraham to celebrate President's Day weekend! Miss this monster

Yeah bro. Best Falcon pass rusher of all time in my opinion. Even over Claude who is a HOFer. Just a flat out as beater. McKay pulled this double trade off in 2006, in addition to adding Rod Coleman, Grady Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux and Chauncey Davis to the DLine in his first three years with Kerney on the roster:

Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver, for the Broncos' first-round choice next month, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round choices in the transaction, a third-round selection in 2006 and a fourth-rounder in 2007. The Falcons then shipped the 29th pick acquired from Denver to the Jets in exchange for Abraham, a three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher.

I think the third and fourth ended up being Norwood and Nicholas. Oh boy. McKay might need to get on the phone and call up some of his buddies. Anyway thanks for the video and here's some commentary on a few of the plays:

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro. Best Falcon pass rusher of all time in my opinion. Even over Claude who is a HOFer. Just a flat out as beater. McKay pulled this trade off in 2006, in addition to adding Rod Coleman, Grady Jackson, Jonathan Babineaux and Chauncey Davis to the DLine in his first three years with Kerney on the roster:

Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver, for the Broncos' first-round choice next month, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round choices in the transaction, a third-round selection in 2006 and a fourth-rounder in 2007. The Falcons then shipped the 29th pick acquired from Denver to the Jets in exchange for Abraham, a three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher.

I think the third and fourth ended up being Norwood and Nicholas. Oh boy. McKay might need to get on the phone and call up some of his buddies. Anyway thanks for the video and here's some commentary on a few of the plays:

😆 You and these same old *** videos. Iono how many times I've seen you post this one and the Eric Weems one 😂

7 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Mike Smith playing him with a bad ankle in the meaningless last game of the season. Prior to the playoffs. Smh. 

Don't remind me. I was literally yelling and screaming for Smith to take out the starters before Abraham got hurt. It drastically reduced his effectiveness in the playoffs, especially against the 49ers...

11 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

Except for the first year. Why did we never manage to add somebody opposite Abraham who could create pressure. They had 10 years to find a partner in crime for Abraham. Bad draft picks, bad free agents...

2 words.... Thomas Demetrioff.

Kerney was a Reeves pick but the other most successful dlinemen not named Jarrett were all McKay

Rod Coleman, Johnathan Babinauex, Grady, etc.

And let's not forget McKay had to trade in order to get Abraham.

Can you imagine TD trading a first rounder to get a established vet pass rusher? Or do you see him using that on a DB or OL instead?

For whatever reason TD had the heeby-geebies when it came to pass rushers. 

12 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

Except for the first year. Why did we never manage to add somebody opposite Abraham who could create pressure. They had 10 years to find a partner in crime for Abraham. Bad draft picks, bad free agents...

**** we couldn't even find HIS replacement