Jump to content

A New Regime: Full story on how Arthur Smith & Terry Fontenot were hired


ROMERO
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That seems to be the TATF plan. I don't subscribe to it. Not worth a dam. Go watch that Oline bro. Minus Mack. Turrible. 

its not terrible.... Come on man but i do think seeing Sewell as wasted pick is crazy..... Dude is athletic enough  to be able to move in a zone blocking scheme but he is also a ppl mover.

 

Thats something we def need

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, atljbo said:

its not terrible.... Come on man but i do think seeing Sewell as wasted pick is crazy..... Dude is athletic enough  to be able to move in a zone blocking scheme but he is also a ppl mover.

 

Thats something we def need

It's turrible bro. Trust me. No run game since Shanny left in 2016. Ryan was one of the most sacked and hit QBs in the league since then. TATF blames it on coaching. I blame it on the Dimi line.


Bloodline and Lindstrom maybe keepers. The rest can hit the line. Go watch them tapes. If we would've played in Tampa last week I guarantee you they would have bullied us.

Like Arty said it starts up front. Music to my ears. Both sides of the ball. Get stout. Bully the league. Smash mouth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That seems to be the TATF plan. I don't subscribe to it. Not worth a dam. Go watch that Oline bro. Minus Mack. Turrible. 

Run Blocking was bad but the Pass Blocking was very good overall. A few games they were off but overall Ryan had good protection. The problem was that we fell behind so often and had no commitment to the run therefor defenses could pin their ears back. Combine that with Koetter and his idiotic system and you have a recipe for disaster. People just look at sack numbers and assume that tells the whole story.

Matt Ryan was tied for the 2nd most Time in the Pocket per snap prior to pressure (2.6) behind only Mayfield at 2.7. His pressure % was 12th in the NFL

Then look further into Koetter's scheme and see Ryan's Intended Air yards were 2nd most (5337) only behind Brady. His completed Yards per Air was 7.2 which was 3rd most. Ryan actually had the most completed Air Yards in the NFL at 2934. Since Koetter is clueless in the short game and how much it helps a bad run game Ryan got no help from YAC sitting at just 16th in the NFL despite having the most passing attempts in the NFL.

Incorporate a better Play action game and short passing game and Ryan's pass protection will look amazing. Add in a run game and my lord it will be beautiful. 

A good LG & RB will do wonders for us. Keep in mind, Derrick Henry went for 2k with only getting 2.5 YPC prior to contact. Brian Hill got 2.1. The difference is 1) The RB talent is far better and can actually make people miss and 2) Far better scheme and playcalling (Which we now have)

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

That seems to be the TATF plan. I don't subscribe to it. Not worth a dam. Go watch that Oline bro. Minus Mack. Turrible. 

Mack realy wasn't good last year and I believe the current players will be a lot better in the outside zone scheme. Thats what most of our guys belong in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, atljbo said:

its not terrible.... Come on man but i do think seeing Sewell as wasted pick is crazy..... Dude is athletic enough  to be able to move in a zone blocking scheme but he is also a ppl mover.

 

Thats something we def need

I am not saying its a wasted pick, but we have bigger needs than a G at 4. We need safetys, corners, pass rushers, rb more to me. We can get a good stop gap G in FA to compete with a rookie G. Im not getting rid of Matthews, Lindstrom or McGary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I am not saying its a wasted pick, but we have bigger needs than a G at 4. We need safetys, corners, pass rushers, rb more to me. We can get a good stop gap G in FA to compete with a rookie G. Im not getting rid of Matthews, Lindstrom or McGary.

 

My thing is You are getting a top 3 talent at a position of need.... I actually think you can get a good guard in the 3rd or 4th round in this draft but ill also say this.... Its a difference between Quenton Nelson and a solid guard in this league.

Also there is no Safety, RB, and Pass Rusher (unless you count Parsons) that you are taking at 4.... Corner is an option especially if you trade back.

Also with Sewell you're looking at your future LT in the next 2 or 3 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, atljbo said:

 

My thing is You are getting a top 3 talent at a position of need.... I actually think you can get a good guard in the 3rd or 4th round in this draft but ill also say this.... Its a difference between Quenton Nelson and a solid guard in this league.

Also there is no Safety, RB, and Pass Rusher (unless you count Parsons) that you are taking at 4.... Corner is an option especially if you trade back.

Also with Sewell you're looking at your future LT in the next 2 or 3 years

Is Sewell Nelson? I agree we need a G, but again I feel like we can get on in FA or draft one later. We don't need world beaters at every spot. Plus will we replace Matthews in 2-3 years? I don't think so. Plus we still have Gono developing and I think he could possbily be a future starter at T while being our swing T now.

If we didn't have so many needs I would say yeah take Sewell. I would rather go Parsons or Surtain at 4. I honestly prefer to trade back the most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Is Sewell Nelson? I agree we need a G, but again I feel like we can get on in FA or draft one later. We don't need world beaters at every spot. Plus will we replace Matthews in 2-3 years? I don't think so. Plus we still have Gono developing and I think he could possbily be a future starter at T while being our swing T now.

If we didn't have so many needs I would say yeah take Sewell. I would rather go Parsons or Surtain at 4. I honestly prefer to trade back the most.

So who are you interested in taking rather than Sewell if we elect not to go QB?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

Is Sewell Nelson? I agree we need a G, but again I feel like we can get on in FA or draft one later. We don't need world beaters at every spot. Plus will we replace Matthews in 2-3 years? I don't think so. Plus we still have Gono developing and I think he could possbily be a future starter at T while being our swing T now.

If we didn't have so many needs I would say yeah take Sewell. I would rather go Parsons or Surtain at 4. I honestly prefer to trade back the most.

 

To keep it short... I think Sewell is that special.

I agree that i want a trader back... I think its 2nd and 3rd rounders in this draft that can really help us... Grab Farley or Surtain  if we trade back  (still in the top 10)

If we cant trade back im more then good with Sewell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

Really wanted to watch this but didn’t have time. Now it’s gone 

They had couple of clips from the job interviews of GM and HC. Most of the stuff is what we already know. AB wants to win now. McKay expects them to win now and confident they will win this year and next year. Brought up 2008, which was surprise but expectations are much higher now. AB said he always asks coaches to present the plan on how they expect to win SB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They had couple of clips from the job interviews of GM and HC. Most of the stuff is what we already know. AB wants to win now. McKay expects them to win now and confident they will win this year and next year. Brought up 2008, which was surprise but expectations are much higher now. AB said he always asks coaches to present the plan on how they expect to win SB. 

Thanks for the run down 🙏 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...