Ranking the top quarterbacks in the 2020 season

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Okay you say it's a team sport. maybe Matthew Stafford would be a lot better if he had more talent. I mean you guys say Tom Brady only won the super bowl because he had a lot of talent. and you guys say Matt Ryan could have did the same thing if you had more talent. what if I said that if Matthew Stafford had more talent he could have too. Or does that logic only apply to Matt Ryan ???

No, i said that napolean dynamites uncle could have won the sb with the bucs.

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

You know what's funny, you guys probably think I hate Matt Ryan and I really don't. Lol . I mean I've been going to games with my dad since I was like 12 years old. Starting in the old Fulton county stadium ( and believe it or not I really miss that old stadium. I remember going to games in that stadium when we played the saints, and I kid you not , the Saint fans had a band in the seats lol , and they played a tuba the whole game. I can still hear that that  tuba today. Lol anyway I'm a Matt Ryan fan. But I can see him in  decline . And it's not all his fault he's been beat up most of his career. But let me ask you this, is it possible that I'm a Matt Ryan fan yet I still want to draft a quarterback this year?? Is that possible ?? 

Yes its quite obvious that is your desire. We are reminded constantly of it. Now is it possible for you to understand that 1. Ryan has 3 yrs left on his contract, 2 of which are 41mil/yr, because we had to kick the can earlier and we will probably have to kick the can again to survive fa. 2. Only 1 qb in this draft is a capable starter ( they are overrated). 3. We don't want an overrated #4 pick to sit on the bench 3yrs at 8-12 mil/yr. 4. At the end of 3 yrs it would be time to negotiate a long term deal with said overrated qb without ever taking consistent starting snaps. Can we get playerz who can start and help this team day one and stop the garbage talk? We can get a qb later.

2 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Yeah that was a great game. I think my all-time favorite game was when Atlanta beat the saints in 1991. In their stadium . Miller to Michael Haynes was beautiful. And I remember Bobby Hebert was their quarterback. Had to be my all-time best football game. 

Yeah TATF would cherish something like that in this century.

1 hour ago, Williamb said:

Yes its quite obvious that is your desire. We are reminded constantly of it. Now is it possible for you to understand that 1. Ryan has 3 yrs left on his contract, 2 of which are 41mil/yr, because we had to kick the can earlier and we will probably have to kick the can again to survive fa. 2. Only 1 qb in this draft is a capable starter ( they are overrated). 3. We don't want an overrated #4 pick to sit on the bench 3yrs at 8-12 mil/yr. 4. At the end of 3 yrs it would be time to negotiate a long term deal with said overrated qb without ever taking consistent starting snaps. Can we get playerz who can start and help this team day one and stop the garbage talk? We can get a qb later.

Could you just say that’s your opinion? I don’t see much more in it and you’re entitled to it. You have no idea if 1 or 10 of these QBs are capable starters

You can get in the weeds pretty quick with multivariate analyses.  Sportswriters are paid to do this.  If you want a poll that says Matt Ryan is top 3 go find one.  If you want a poll that says Matt Ryan is bottom third they're on the same shelf, next bin.  

I think/hope when we break .500 again we'll be talking about the only stat that matters, "W".  

We'll be there soon.  Don't panic.  

I want to say "rise up" but I am really trying to drop that from my life.  Help.

9 hours ago, Chiko4theWin said:

Stafford is the better QB.

Stafford has suffered through the same issues Ryan has. No Defense, No Run Game, Inconsistent O-Line and bad coaching. I think Ryan has been the far superior QB for both of their careers as of today but moving forward I would for sure take Stafford just because he is 3 years younger and has the far superior arm. The falloff for his ability will be later than Ryan's is.

11 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

You can get in the weeds pretty quick with multivariate analyses.  Sportswriters are paid to do this.  If you want a poll that says Matt Ryan is top 3 go find one.  If you want a poll that says Matt Ryan is bottom third they're on the same shelf, next bin.  

I think/hope when we break .500 again we'll be talking about the only stat that matters, "W".  

We'll be there soon.  Don't panic.  

I want to say "rise up" but I am really trying to drop that from my life.  Help.

I prefer Flying High or Flying Higher...  Rise up is something you tell a fighter when he is on the Matt.... see what I did there. 

:mmmhmm:

18 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

So if you replaced Matthew Stafford with Matt Ryan on Detroit last season, is it your opinion that  Det would have done better ??

18 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Stafford had better numbers than Ryan on a per game basis anyway.

Yes, but Stafford had a run game to speak of. Matt totally would have let the Lions do better.

14 is about where I had him pegged.  The good news is that considering the abhorrent play-calling, lack of run game, and porous defense, 14 is actually pretty solid.  

If Atlanta can find a bell-cow RB in the draft, continue to improve up front, and make even a 10% improvement on defense, Matt Ryan should be back in the top 10 next season.