Ranking the top quarterbacks in the 2020 season

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

It's humorous how some will actually pretend this utterly farcical list has any legitimacy. 

Of course not. Because it doesn't fit your narrative. Because the whole world just hates Atlanta they never give us any credit. And the whole world just hates Matt Ryan. That's what I find humorous.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Him being below Derek Carr automatically makes this list invalid

#10 in average salary. You ever posted anything factual?   https://overthecap.com/contracts/

Based on the #'s last year how can you say that? Seriously you posted it, now explain. Carr 104.3 to 93.3 on the rating, more td and less int. Homer, plain and simple answer.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

If you don't understand that every number in football is affected by more than one player then you should give up. I'm not even defending Ryan just pointing out your argument is flawed.

Think about it this way: If you have the best RB in the league but a terrible OLine, there's not a single number you'll be able to find to say he's the best RB, but it doesn't mean he isn't. Team sport, team stats.

Okay you say it's a team sport. maybe Matthew Stafford would be a lot better if he had more talent. I mean you guys say Tom Brady only won the super bowl because he had a lot of talent. and you guys say Matt Ryan could have did the same thing if you had more talent. what if I said that if Matthew Stafford had more talent he could have too. Or does that logic only apply to Matt Ryan ???

Just now, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Okay you say it's a team sport. maybe Matthew Stafford would be a lot better if he had more talent. I mean you guys say Tom Brady only won the super bowl because he had a lot of talent. and you guys say Matt Ryan could have did the same thing if you had more talent. what if I said that if Matthew Stafford had more talent he could have too. Or does that logic only apply to Matt Ryan ???

Of course he could have: Stafford has been one of the best QB's in the league for a decade.

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

If you don't understand that every number in football is affected by more than one player then you should give up. I'm not even defending Ryan just pointing out your argument is flawed.

Think about it this way: If you have the best RB in the league but a terrible OLine, there's not a single number you'll be able to find to say he's the best RB, but it doesn't mean he isn't. Team sport, team stats.

Football is one dimensional to him.  He's one of those extremely painful fans that believe a "Win" is a QB stat.  

8 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

And by that logic,  could we win next year without Matt Ryan ?!

Anything could happen. Its not a matter of if it could, it's a matter of looking at what they have to do that gives them the highest probability of winning the most games.

If you are dealing with realistic possibilities given cap constraints and consequences, there is no question that Ryan being our starting QB next year brings us the highest probability of winning. 

If you are dealing with pie in the sky monopoly money and unlimited resources, then I'm sure you can come up with some wildly unrealistic scenario than provides you comfort that you somehow countered my argument.  

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Football is one dimensional to him.  He's one of those extremely painful fans that believe a "Win" is a QB stat.  

You’d think at the very least people would realize a great QB can’t win alone after seeing Mahomes literally defy physics and still have his teams ***** get whooped. 

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You’d think at the very least people would realize a great QB can’t win alone after seeing Mahomes literally defy physics and still have his teams ***** get whooped. 

That's a perfect illustration of the point. Mahomes is exactly the type of QB many Ryan haters desperately lust for, yet, how'd that work out for him when he had poor pass protection? 

Just now, gazoo said:

Anything could happen. Its not a matter of if it could, it's a matter of looking at what they have to do that gives them the highest probability. If you are dealing with realistic possibilities given cap constraints and consequences, there is no question that Ryan being our starting QB next year brings us the highest probability of winning.  If you are dealing wit pie in the sky monopoly money then I'm sure you can come up with some wildly unrealistic scenario than provides you comfort that you somehow countered my argument.  

You know what's funny, you guys probably think I hate Matt Ryan and I really don't. Lol . I mean I've been going to games with my dad since I was like 12 years old. Starting in the old Fulton county stadium ( and believe it or not I really miss that old stadium. I remember going to games in that stadium when we played the saints, and I kid you not , the Saint fans had a band in the seats lol , and they played a tuba the whole game. I can still hear that that  tuba today. Lol anyway I'm a Matt Ryan fan. But I can see him in  decline . And it's not all his fault he's been beat up most of his career. But let me ask you this, is it possible that I'm a Matt Ryan fan yet I still want to draft a quarterback this year?? Is that possible ?? 

Just now, SavedByGrace1221 said:

You know what's funny, you guys probably think I hate Matt Ryan and I really don't. Lol . I mean I've been going to games with my dad since I was like 12 years old. Starting in the old Fulton county stadium ( and believe it or not I really miss that old stadium. I remember going to games in that stadium when we played the saints, and I kid you not , the Saint fans had a band in the seats lol , and they played a tuba the whole game. I can still hear that that  tuba today. Lol anyway I'm a Matt Ryan fan. But I can see him in  decline . And it's not all his fault he's been beat up most of his career. But let me ask you this, is it possible that I'm a Matt Ryan fan yet I still want to draft a quarterback this year?? Is that possible ?? 

You never addressed my point. Please put your GM hat on and provide us all a realistic scenario that provides this franchise a higher probability of us winning more games next year than if we use our draft and salary cap resources to fortify the roster around him. 

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You never addressed my point. Please put your GM hat on and provide us all a realistic scenario that provides this franchise a higher probability of us winning more games next year than if we use our draft and salary cap resources to fortify the roster around him. 

I never said I didn't want Matt Ryan to quarterback this team next year. the only way we could be better without Matt Ryan next year is if we brought a quarterback in that would be better than him. and there's not one rookie in this draft class that would be better than  Ryan. I'm talking about the future. Now I'm not going to lie, I don't see us being 500 next year. and I know most fans on here think we have a shot at doing something special next year I don't. I feel we're two or three years away from actually becoming a playoff team. And that explains why I want to draft a quarterback now and let him sit behind Ryan a year or two . 

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I never said I didn't want Matt Ryan to quarterback this team next year. the only way we could be better without Matt Ryan next year is if we brought a quarterback in that would be better than him. and there's not one rookie in this draft class that would be better than  Ryan. I'm talking about the future. Now I'm not going to lie, I don't see us being 500 next year. and I know most fans on here think we have a shot at doing something special next year I don't. I feel we're two or three years away from actually becoming a playoff team. And that explains why I want to draft a quarterback now and let him sit behind Ryan a year or two . 

I never understand this 2-3 years away talk. Teams go from worst to first every single year. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I never understand this 2-3 years away talk. Teams go from worst to first every single year. 

Yeah but how many do that every year ?? Can you name me one team this year that finished first , that was last the following year?? Now they might have been I just can't remember. But you have to admit it's pretty rare. 

10 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Yeah but how many do that every year ?? Can you name me one team this year that finished first , that was last the following year?? Now they might have been I just can't remember. But you have to admit it's pretty rare. 

Colts were 7-9 last year. Browns were 6-10. Dolphins were 5-11 and last in their division. The Redskins were 3-13 and second worst in the NFL. Oh yeah and the Bucs were 7-9 and 3rd in the division. You can go from bad to playoffs really fast with the right offseason. 

13 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Redskins did it this year. Somebody does it dang near every year.

15 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Bro I worked at AFCS from 76-78. Saw all the Falcons, Braves, Concert and Motocross events then. Good times, but The Dome was our best venue by far. Even over the current Taj Mahal. Trust me. Favorite AFCS game to this day was the 1990 Glanville "11 Hats On The Ball" game against the Aints when Miller went deep to Rison on 4th and 2.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro I worked at AFCS from 76-78. Saw all the Falcons, Braves, Concert and Motocross events then. Good times, but The Dome was our best venue by far. Even over the current Taj Mahal. Trust me. Favorite AFCS game to this day was the 1990 Glanville "11 Hats On The Ball" game against the Aints when Miller went deep to Rison on 4th and 2.

Yeah that was a great game. I think my all-time favorite game was when Atlanta beat the saints in 1991. In their stadium . Miller to Michael Haynes was beautiful. And I remember Bobby Hebert was their quarterback. Had to be my all-time best football game. 

37 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Fair enough sincere response. I thought you originally were trolling.