OK, OK He's a LBer but...

But I just love this player out of ND... JOK Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.   This might depend on whether we keep our buddy Keke or not & I know we drafted Mykal Walker too.

Now if I thought he was just a LBer I probably would just move along.  But he's more to me.  He's a hybrid S/LB demon on the field.

Covering backs & TE's is important these days.  Blitzing, vision/awareness, speed, playmaking ability...  

Traditional NFL LBers are not as relevant.  We already know this with Deion & look at the Bucs LBers & how important they were against the Saints, Packers & Chiefs...  

This is just an excuse to post this guy up tbh because I like what he brings.  Seems everyone is talking about Parsons & Collins so what the heck...

"Players like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah are becoming the prototype in the NFL. He may not have a true position per se, but makes an impact whenever he’s on the field. Isaiah Simmons, Jeremy Chinn, and Kyle Dugger were drafted in the first two rounds last year and have a similar skill set to what Owusu-Koramoah can offer. He may be a bit undersized to be a traditional linebacker, but can hold his own against the run and excel in coverage. I think it’s safe to consider him a first-rounder at this point with his sweet spot being between 20-32. Of course, linebackers aren’t normally highly regarded in the draft so he could slip into the second round but think he’ll get meaningful playing time as a rookie."

"

Player Comparison: Jamal Adams, S, SEA

This is an aggressive player comparison. Jamal Adams is arguably the best safety, and possibly best defensive player in the NFL, and no 2021 NFL Draft prospect has earned the right to be compared to such a talent. Regardless of this, the snap distribution, physical, profile, and style of play of Owusu-Koramoah all have a striking resemblance to the perennial All-Pro.

Both players stand at 6-foot 1, and place within the same weight class. According to Pro Football Focus, Adams has had 489 snaps in the box, 281 at safety, 172 at slot corner, and 137 on the defensive line."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/notre-dame-lb-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-next-great-hybrid-defender/

"NFL offenses are continuing to weaponize tempo, spacing, using hybrid receiving players and 3 or 4 receiver offenses, and draft athletic quarterbacks who are offensive threats in their own right. As they do so, players like Owusu-Koramoah who are able to play coverage, be run defenders, and pass rushers on all three downs, will be increasingly valuable.

In the case of JOK specifically, his rare blend of (near) linebacker size and cornerback athleticism, as well as his sky-high football IQ, could make him a valuable piece for any defensive coordinator with the imagination to use him."

It's amazing just how much there is to read on this guy & it's all good.  I must have researched 10 links after searching scouting reports on him & they all rave about this guy.  Someone will be really happy in the 2nd round.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/notre-dame-lb-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-next-great-hybrid-defender/

25 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

It's amazing just how much there is to read on this guy & it's all good.  I must have researched 10 links after searching scouting reports on him & they all rave about this guy.  Someone will be really happy in the 2nd round.

i agree.

29 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Everything I’ve read is solid and would love to have him in a Falcon uni, especially if we don’t bring Keanu back, but from I’ve read he will be long gone by the 2nd.  He’s been mocked as high as 9 and only as low as 26th from what I’ve seen

Edited by CraigSmackDaddy
1 minute ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Sounds like a Keanu clone to me.  If we aren’t bringing him back then I could see us 

Everything I’ve read is solid and would love to have him in a Falcon uni, especially if we don’t bring Keanu back, but from I’ve read he will be long gone by the 2nd.  He’s been mocked as high as 9 and only as low as 26th from what I’ve seen

I know, but when you look at all the talent in the 1st, he has a very real chance as slipping... and there we sit again at the top of the second....

looking around homer simpson GIF

2 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Similar player that we could select later that gives me the same feeling is Jabril Cox from LSU.  I think they both portray that new LB/S you’re talking about 

Except JOK went to ND, while Cox is a LSU...   errrr.....  ummm.... student.

And ya' know the Falcons have had fantastic success with those LSU draftees going wayyyyyy back....

Just now, Chiko4theWin said:

So, we let him slide to 7-10, and he ends up being the best defensive player in this draft. I'd pick him at 4 if I felt he was that guy.

Well ....projections are opinions....If you feel that strong about him....nothing wrong with it.....I just dont feel that way.... 

I need a trade back.....and take Surtain 

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Well ....projections are opinions....If you feel that strong about him....nothing wrong with it.....I just dont feel that way.... 

I need a trade back.....and take Surtain 

Yea, I feel you. I just want whoever we pick at 4, especially if its a defensive player, to be a real difference maker. We need a killer on our D to change the attitude. I'm tired of the bend but dont break type of D.. I want a Defense that teams fear. Cause right now, we turn into dudes highlight games.

1 minute ago, Chiko4theWin said:

Yea, I feel you. I just want whoever we pick at 4, especially if its a defensive player, to be a real difference maker. We need a killer on our D to change the attitude. I'm tired of the bend but dont break type of D.. I want a Defense that teams fear. Cause right now, we turn into dudes highlight games.

I feel that.....then we are on the same page

Let's get it

He’s an interesting player, for sure. I have my doubts that he ultimately goes in round one, simply because of that tweener build. Someone also mentioned Cox as another of that body type, who’ll go later.

If I’m taking someone I protect as primarily a safety, give me Moehrig. He’s a big dude, safety is his natural position,  and he has plenty of range. 

If I want maybe the best value hybrid guy, I’m looking very hard at Chazz Surratt. That kid is everywhere on film. 

4 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Remember, Leonard for the Colts was this size if I recall...  Man, so much we can do to move this guy all over the field & erase threats or put him on the attack.  

I would love to see him work against the Aints, Kamara & the rest of those slime bags.

HelI yeah. The way this guy hits people? He's all over the ball and uses his shoulders like battering rams. Legal and lethal. Bring'em home, TF!

3 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Love his play. If we want him we would have to trade down and get more picks. You don't take him at 4 and if Harris is there at 35 you gotta take him.

Yeah, have no interest at 4 at all myself.

But at 36? I’d highly consider him depending upon who else might be there of value. 

8 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

But I just love this player out of ND... JOK Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.   This might depend on whether we keep our buddy Keke or not & I know we drafted Mykal Walker too.

Now if I thought he was just a LBer I probably would just move along.  But he's more to me.  He's a hybrid S/LB demon on the field.

Covering backs & TE's is important these days.  Blitzing, vision/awareness, speed, playmaking ability...  

Traditional NFL LBers are not as relevant.  We already know this with Deion & look at the Bucs LBers & how important they were against the Saints, Packers & Chiefs...  

This is just an excuse to post this guy up tbh because I like what he brings.  Seems everyone is talking about Parsons & Collins so what the heck...

"Players like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah are becoming the prototype in the NFL. He may not have a true position per se, but makes an impact whenever he’s on the field. Isaiah Simmons, Jeremy Chinn, and Kyle Dugger were drafted in the first two rounds last year and have a similar skill set to what Owusu-Koramoah can offer. He may be a bit undersized to be a traditional linebacker, but can hold his own against the run and excel in coverage. I think it’s safe to consider him a first-rounder at this point with his sweet spot being between 20-32. Of course, linebackers aren’t normally highly regarded in the draft so he could slip into the second round but think he’ll get meaningful playing time as a rookie."

"

Player Comparison: Jamal Adams, S, SEA

This is an aggressive player comparison. Jamal Adams is arguably the best safety, and possibly best defensive player in the NFL, and no 2021 NFL Draft prospect has earned the right to be compared to such a talent. Regardless of this, the snap distribution, physical, profile, and style of play of Owusu-Koramoah all have a striking resemblance to the perennial All-Pro.

Both players stand at 6-foot 1, and place within the same weight class. According to Pro Football Focus, Adams has had 489 snaps in the box, 281 at safety, 172 at slot corner, and 137 on the defensive line."

"NFL offenses are continuing to weaponize tempo, spacing, using hybrid receiving players and 3 or 4 receiver offenses, and draft athletic quarterbacks who are offensive threats in their own right. As they do so, players like Owusu-Koramoah who are able to play coverage, be run defenders, and pass rushers on all three downs, will be increasingly valuable.

In the case of JOK specifically, his rare blend of (near) linebacker size and cornerback athleticism, as well as his sky-high football IQ, could make him a valuable piece for any defensive coordinator with the imagination to use him."

Looks like an as beater. Sign me up if he drops.