Jump to content

Patrick Jones II Edge out of University of Pittsburg


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

To be honest I think he's the best passrusher this draft. That's not saying much, and I think he'd have to grow into a 3-down player, but I'm interested.

2 inches taller than Beasley and 20 pounds heavier. I agree he is a hidden gem and the real deal. He would be worth trading back into the 1st round to get if Najee Harris is gone. Shades of J Peppers with his height. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

The question to all of you who follow players. 
This guy looks good but how deep is the. Draft at Edge? How much is the difference between this guy and say some one in 2-4 rounds. 

It lacks top end rushers but theirs a lot of guys that are round 2-4 prospects (Jones being one of them)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he should be a target of ours.  Jones is my second favorite.  I like Carlos Basham due to the size.  I think the Covid season threw him and his production off, but still not a bad year.  With his body of work I just can't see him not going in the 1st.  If he somehow makes it to 35, Falcons should be all over him.  Jones would be my second guy if he is available in round 2.  Really intrigued by Ellerson Smith of Northern Iowa.  Looked really skinny before he showed up at the Senior Bowl.  Had a good game, didn't seem bothered by the jump in competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

That’s better IMO. Grab one during those rounds if the guys are similar round to round. Use the higher draft picks for other players.

I think the only 1st round edge rushers will be Rousseau, Paye and Azeez and honestly all scare me for different reasons. If I had a gun to my head I would probably take Azeez.

Ronnie Perkins and Tarron Jackson are nice potential sleepers. Quincy Roche had a down year after transferring but the talent is there. Lots of guys to watch in that 2-4ish range.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched Jones' tape vs Miami. I see a pretty good burst when he gets after it and isn't playing read and react looking for a run. I see some pretty good slipperiness when it comes to turning the corner. He has some bend. I see he's not very active with his hands. He doesn't do much to disengage with blockers when they get ahold of him. I see he has some strength in his bullrush. I see he looks fairly skinny to me. I think his frame could easily hold another 10 lbs. I would certainly consider him in the 2nd or 3rd or wherever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Summerhill said:

I just watched Jones' tape vs Miami. I see a pretty good burst when he gets after it and isn't playing read and react looking for a run. I see some pretty good slipperiness when it comes to turning the corner. He has some bend. I see he's not very active with his hands. He doesn't do much to disengage with blockers when they get ahold of him. I see he has some strength in his bullrush. I see he looks fairly skinny to me. I think his frame could easily hold another 10 lbs. I would certainly consider him in the 2nd or 3rd or wherever. 

Agree with all of this. 

I think he has potential, but will need to be coached up with some moves and hand techniques. I wish he had a veteran edge pass rusher who could teach him that. Maybe Jarrett can be a mentor?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like PJones in the 3rd if we don't select Phillips in the 2nd.  What size is Jones?  I like the kid a lot but sometimes he plays a little high out of his stance, other than that I can't find another reason to NOT like him.  I haven't researched the other ends as much.  How is Oweh, I noticed he is ranked higher?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

I like PJones in the 3rd if we don't select Phillips in the 2nd.  What size is Jones?  I like the kid a lot but sometimes he plays a little high out of his stance, other than that I can't find another reason to NOT like him.  I haven't researched the other ends as much.  How is Oweh, I noticed he is ranked higher?

6'5 260

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

2 inches taller than Beasley and 20 pounds heavier. I agree he is a hidden gem and the real deal. He would be worth trading back into the 1st round to get if Najee Harris is gone. Shades of J Peppers with his height. 

Usually I don't do this, but since you brought up his name. Question is, what happened?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I like PJones in the 3rd if we don't select Phillips in the 2nd.  What size is Jones?  I like the kid a lot but sometimes he plays a little high out of his stance, other than that I can't find another reason to NOT like him.  I haven't researched the other ends as much.  How is Oweh, I noticed he is ranked higher?

You won’t get Phillips in the 2nd. Dude will blow up the Miami Pro Day

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...